TN TN - Jennifer Wyant, 21, Nashville, 28 June 1980

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Mullins, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Murkywaters

Murkywaters Well-Known Member

It looks like the new report for Jennifer just dropped well done @Alex D

A lot of new information has been released. Jennifer's abduction was witnessed by her neighbors.

New information in 1980 disappearance of Jennifer Wyant | WKRN News 2

The events that followed have never been released to the public, until now. Her neighbors reported seeing a dark color 4-door sedan.

“They heard some screaming and looked out their window and they saw four individuals forcing a woman into a car and driving off. We believe that woman was Jennifer,” Det. Filter says. “They reported this information to the apartment security guard, unfortunately the security guard never notified the police.”

Motive is still a mystery.

“It’s almost something I would say is targeted — that someone was looking at her for one reason or another and waiting for her to return home,” Filter says.

2. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

I just came here to post the new information released, but I see you already did. Thanks @Murkywaters

Murkywaters and Suglo like this.
  3. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

Is it me? The word security guard is coming along a lot in this thread.

- PI (what a very weird story) was security guard "We were told the case got cold because the police didn't want to get involved because of him. He was murdered execution style in the same area a few years later. Right over the hill closer to Harding Place exit. Working as a security guard at the time.
    "Also I was doing a bit more looking into the Larry Britt connection. At the time Larry was killed, he was acting as a security guard at a real estate office that reportedly had been the target of a string of burglaries. That confused me a bit because why would a real estate office be a burglary target?

Anyway, it turns out that he also owned the "Little Brown Jug" store next door to the real estate office. Both the real estate office and the Little Brown Jug were on Largo Dr, off of Harding Place. I'm wondering how far this is from where Jennifer lived, although this took place in 1986. I'm not sure if he owned that store when Jennifer disappeared."

- It was a party to celebrate the Budweiser Softball league of the apartment association for apartments in the area of which hers and my apartments at the time were associated with. Security Guard connections?

- And now a security guard "forgot" to call an abduction in!!

- Who was the constructor who found her drivers licence. Why did he call her work place? They were building at that moment....was there a security guard checking the building place, preventing machines and materials were stolen?

Maybe just stupid thoughts.

Murkywaters and Kiranerys like this.
  4. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Jennifer Lynn Wyant – The Charley Project

Last updated February 26, 2021; four pictures added, details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
    Wyant was last seen inside her residence at Tanglewood Apartments (now called Whispering Oaks) in the 200 block of Tanglewood Court in Nashville, Tennessee on June 28, 1980. She disappeared after leaving a softball team party alone, and has never been heard from again. Her apartment was left undisturbed and her car was located in the complex parking lot, but there was no sign of her at the scene.

Neighbors reported that they heard screaming and when they looked out their windows, they saw four individuals forcing a woman into a dark-colored four-door sedan and driving away. The witnesses told the apartment security guard about what they saw and heard, but the guard didn't inform police at the time. Investigators believe the woman the witnesses saw was Wyant.

On December 11, 1980, Wyant's Tennessee driver's license was found on Blue Lake Road (now called Blue Lake Lane) in Rutherford County, Tennessee. This was close to Piercy Priest Lake, fifteen and a half miles east of Wyant's residence and three miles northeast of LaVergne, Tennessee. A housing complex was under development in the area at the time. Police brought dogs to search the nearby woods, but no trace of Wyant was located.

According to her loved ones, Wyant's life was going well at the time of her disappearance. She had bought a nice car that she took good care of, and was working at Colonial Bakery while going to night school. Foul play is suspected in her case.

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Wyant, circa 1980

5. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

Jennifer has been missing for 41 years today.

neverletgo and taramarie like this.