TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The youngest looks just like GB and the middle one looks like MJ and JB both. AM was telling neighbors, according to media reports they were his, but he's crazy.

Totally agree. AM is the one that spread these rumors and he's a nutter.

Who is this friend people keep talking about? Was he arrested?

I thought by now this case would be national news, my mom lives in New Jersey and she said there is nothing up there about this case.

???

It's all over CNN, CNN.com, FOX, MSNBC, HLN, etc, etc. and has been for days.

Something kept AM coming back.
JB & GB allowed him for years to be extensively involved with the children.
No, Im not saying ANYONE deserves what is going on or what has happened already, BUT, I'm seething! Is there a vent thread somewhere?

GB married AM's sister back in 1984, when AM was only 9 years old. GB's eldest daughter is AM's niece. If AM was willing to treat JB's girls as more nieces, I think that GB and JB would probably have appreciated that (it's never good for one child in a family to be singled out for extra attention).

I think it can be really difficult to see through someone you've known since they were a child that young.

AM strikes me as the slick abuser type; someone who was very careful to keep the abuse hidden. Abusers like that are invariably very well controlled and very good at putting up a facade.

Considering the difference in age and the reports that the two men enjoyed working on cars together, I wonder if GB was the one who taught AM how to work on cars.

Also, it has been reported that AM never held a regular job but relied on odd jobs. GB may have felt sorry for him and wanted to give him some help.

If so, then I think it would be even more difficult to see through this brother-in-law and protege.

There have certainly been lots of reports from neighbours and casual acquaintances saying AM seemed like a nice guy, very helpful, etc. GB would not have been alone in being fooled.

Adam Mayes and Gary Bain, who had once been married to sisters, had been planning to drive some of the family's belongings to Arizona the next day because the family was moving to that state

Adam Mayes admitted to authorities that he was the last person to see Jo Ann Bain and her daughters before the disappearance, according to the affidavit.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/ap/ap/crime/wife-mother-of-kidnap-slaying-suspect-arrested/nNyzH/

maybe they slept in separate beds?
wasn't it mentioned earlier they had a fight that night?
How many bedrooms are in the house?
An adult daughter and child _ 1 bedroom
Mr and Mrs Bain -2 bedroom
3 daughters 3 or 4 bedroom
1 adult male AM 5 bedroom or couch???
(4 adults and 4 children)?
sleeping arrangements?

We just recently moved and had the beds and mattresses off in the moving van and slept in sleeping bags a couple nights...
very possible all were not sleeping where they would typically sleep?

Or AM could have lured them out of the house early AM one at a time with some made-up excuse to get them to the garage voluntarily?

For clarity's sake, the affidavit states Adrienne was murdered at the residence, it does not specify where. Could've been the garage, we don't know.

Someone mentioned a silenced gun as the murder weapon. Just thinking that would've probably left too big a mess that GB would've found. Instead he thought they'd left, initially, so IMO whatever method it was, it wasn't messy or they contained/cleaned the mess.

Also makes me wonder if they were killed in the garage why GB found no evidence when he went to the garage to drive to work. Or did he not work? Did he park his car in the driveway every day, instead?

Who is this friend people keep talking about? Was he arrested?

just a guy who lives near AM that was arrested today, and who looks suspiciously like the man in the back of the surveillance video wearing glasses and a hat. But all sane sources say there is really no connection. Unless you are a Grade A conspiracy theorist like me, lol

Also makes me wonder if they were killed in the garage why GB found no evidence when he went to the garage to drive to work. Or did he not work? Did he park his car in the driveway every day, instead?

What is the cause of death? If it was a bloodless murder then what evidence would be expected?

If they were strangled, there may not have been any evidence that would appear to the naked eye. If dogs were brought in, they would most likely hit on specific places.

I thought by now this case would be national news, my mom lives in New Jersey and she said there is nothing up there about this case.

I live in New Jersey also and my fiance' hadn't heard anything (except what I was telling him) until tonight when it turned up on the Yahoo news thread.

No, the oldest of three girls was not his niece. GB's oldest daughter is his niece.

I live in New Jersey also and my fiance' hadn't heard anything (except what I was telling him) until tonight when it turned up on the Yahoo news thread.
I had to tell my Mom. She usually sees stuff in the paper, but she said there was nothing. I guess it is up there now though since he was upgraded to the FBI's top ten list.

Slow learner-is that code for learning disabilities? If so, again, so what? Many intelligent individuals with special ed diplomas. Does Mom mean she's "educable?"

IMO, she was steaming about something else, whether real or imaginary.

At 1:43 in the video, her sister says Teresa thought Adam and Joann were having an affair.

Sister says she also feels Adam was having an affair with Joann.

I don't think I believe that. Joann was educated, trying to better herself. I agree with the other poster who said the move to Arizona was to get away. The big question mark for me though is letting him take the kids to his home overnight. WHY?

Anyone remember how recent any of the overnight stays were?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/09/justice/tennessee-missing-children/index.html

I never thought about the fact that AM killed his own niece! Can we hate this guy any more?

No his niece was at the house with her child and GB....she was not killed. She is the older daughter of GB and AM's sister (who is GB's ex-wife) I think....Gawd I am so confused.:banghead:

do we know if AM hunts? fishes? camps? he seems to be a bum, sheltered by mom. Can he do this with 2 little girls? This worries me.

I don't know. I thought I read in at least one article that he liked to hunt but I've looked all over for it and can't find it, so I may have conflated two different cases. My memory is getting so bad but it's likely to be the only one I am ever issued!

I wouldn't have pegged Joseph Duncan as having outdoor skills but he managed to camp with Dylan and Shasta for something like 6 weeks.

Duncan was far less distinctive in appearance than AM and he wasn't even a suspect until he showed up at Denny's with Shasta that night.

So I don't know. I think it's possible and judging from LE response, it seems like I'm not the only one who thinks he may be camped out somewhere.

I think that this poster was trying to display that TM can't plead some form of ignorance of not knowing right from wrong due to her special education degree. If she able to operate a motor vehicle without incident, she knew that killing was wrong.

Yes, Passionflower and I are on the same page. Forgive my NoEastern sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74