Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mother had to know. Sick sick people. That father looks like a major meth addict to me.

I prefer a logical unattached approach to these things, I believe in innocence until guilt is completely proven 100%, confessions aren't a plea nor are they an evidenced based trial.

That doesn't mean that the confession isn't legit per se, or that he's not guilty, it's just that there are too many variables in criminal cases which make me question all things.
Even in light of the affidavit stating that he was dumped in a remote rural area, does that mean JD knows were he dumped the body? His mental state could cloud recollections. I prefer to remain skeptical until he's produced a body himself or the state proves him guilty, not because I believe him or distrust the police, but because that's the very foundation of the legal system.

If he produces the body, then I would be more inclinded than not to believe that JD sr was indeed reaponsible, because then evidence would marry with conjecture. It will be interesting how it progresses.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I have no doubts that this man did what he says he did---and beat his 5 yr old to death. He is a violent, short tempered coward.

He is not telling us where the body is because it will reveal how brutal the beating was and he wants to avoid the death penalty.

I am wondering if there may be another arrest at some point too....

I think he admitted it because the kids know and saw and told. I don't think he had the option to lie. It is human nature to want to ignore the bad and just believe everything is ok. But he admitted it. And has been charged. And the lack of a "wandering child's body" is yet another layer of evidence. I'm going with 99.9% chance that it is exactly what it is reported to be, or worse.

And you don't punch a child TO DEATH on your first moment of abuse. Like I said earlier, I am scared to find out what was happening in this house. His poor siblings will never be fully healed, but hopefully they can now be safe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

UPDATE: Dickson County Sheriff says that after today his department will scale back and let the TBI handle the case. They are continuing to hope to get more info from dad. Using boots on the ground, K9s and drones today. Searching areas they have gut feelings about.
The sheriff says they are pretty much at a stalling point.

I think he admitted it because the kids know and saw and told. I don't think he had the option to lie. It is human nature to want to ignore the bad and just believe everything is ok. But he admitted it. And has been charged. And the lack of a "wandering child's body" is yet another layer of evidence. I'm going with 99.9% chance that it is exactly what it is reported to be, or worse.

And you don't punch a child TO DEATH on your first moment of abuse. Like I said earlier, I am scared to find out what was happening in this house. His poor siblings will never be fully healed, but hopefully they can now be safe.

I would think the household was a violent place even before this murder. Those poor children! What have they seen? What have they themselves endured? Did the mother allow this? Was she beaten too? Was she ok with her children being beaten? I don't like the smell of this whole thing.

I am going back to page one to read...but can someone tell me if the other children were removed from the house and mothers care until further investigation is completed?

Fly high little man. You deserved so much better.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I am going back to page one to read...but can someone tell me if the other children were removed from the house and mothers care until further investigation is completed?

Good question! I hope so!

They have been placed with relatives:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-charge-homicide-death-5-year-old/496189002/
Department of Children Services spokesman said his siblings, ages 8 and 3, have been placed in the custody of relatives.

I hope this is a legitimate FB source media page: Burt Staggs, General Manager at Tennessee River Valley News. Arrest Report and Booking Sheet
- - -

https://www.facebook.com/burt.staggs

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 27810F00-3392-4ED5-BE19-59B99847E427.jpeg
    27810F00-3392-4ED5-BE19-59B99847E427.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 414
  • C4181C52-5A74-4B97-AB07-03091C4AFDA3.jpeg
    C4181C52-5A74-4B97-AB07-03091C4AFDA3.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 409

100% with you! That's why I no longer subscribe to the "snapped" theory when a child is murdered by a caregiver. With a few exceptions, there is ongoing abuse and violence in the home. IMO child killers escalate the abuse until one day it becomes extreme and the child dies. Often they even recognize the child needs medical help and they'll either ignore it or seek last minute help after concocting a bizarre, unbelievable story about what happened.

It doesn't mean they didn't intend to murder, it just means they're so comfortable with abusing that they no longer care about consequences or the outcome - that is, until they discover how hard it is to conceal a crime. People do what they want to do and don't do what they don't want to do - murderers are no different.

Oh - and I also believe that people who abuse children (or anyone) do it not just because they're angry but also because on some level it makes them feel good. All MOO of course.

100% with you! That's why I no longer subscribe to the "snapped" theory when a child is murdered by a caregiver. With a few exceptions, there is ongoing abuse and violence in the home. IMO child killers escalate the abuse until one day it becomes extreme and the child dies. Often they even recognize the child needs medical help and they'll either ignore it or seek last minute help after concocting a bizarre, unbelievable story about what happened.

It doesn't mean they didn't intend to murder, it just means they're so comfortable with abusing that they no longer care about consequences or the outcome - that is, until they discover how hard it is to conceal a crime. People do what they want to do and don't do what they don't want to do - murderers are no different.

Oh - and I also believe that people who abuse children (or anyone) do it not just because they're angry but also because on some level it makes them feel good. All MOO of course.

The Thanks button is not enough for this post! Totally agree especially the BBM part. Great post.

They have been placed with relatives:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-charge-homicide-death-5-year-old/496189002/
Department of Children Services spokesman said his siblings, ages 8 and 3, have been placed in the custody of relatives.

I hope this is a legitimate FB source media page: Burt Staggs, General Manager at Tennessee River Valley News. Arrest Report and Booking Sheet
- - -

https://www.facebook.com/burt.staggs

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks, Spellbound! :loveyou:

Notice that he's 5'11", weighs 280 pounds and is unemployed. Under number of children it says 1 - does that mean the other kids aren't his biologically?

I was thinking the same thing Mrs.Maple, that only Joe was his...and the other two are not biologically just my own opinion on it

I thought, based on FB posts, that the youngest was his also. Not that a FB post stands for anything.

Ana...I thought Joe, this victim, age 5, is the youngest of the three children
I thought the other two children were older

I thought There was a 10 year old and Joe was the middle child. *I’m confused... running to the coffee pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought There was a 10 year old and Joe was the middle child. *I’m confused... running to the coffee pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, based on FB postings there is one born 2014 making him 4. (Maybe I have that wrong but I thought there was one not much younger than Joe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes