Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son has Asperger's Syndrome. Most children with this diagnosis have no speech delays, but my son was an exception. He didn't really start speaking until he was five. Now, at the age of 12, he is in the advanced language arts and Spanish classes at school. The little guy has come a long way, but I have to say that we worked very hard to get him there. And it was worth every second and every dollar we spent.

I've had a very difficult time reading this thread in general, just checking it to see how the search was going. But now, to see that he was murdered by his own father...I'm so angry and upset! It's beyond horrible when this happens to any child, but the thing is with young autistics is that many people, including some parents, lose sight of the fact that they are real people, with real emotions and ideas about the world around them. They are just stuck inside a kind of sensory prison and cannot show us or tell us what they feel!

Ugh, this case, makes me feel so awful! :tantrum:

My son has Asperger's Syndrome. Most children with this diagnosis have no speech delays, but my son was an exception. He didn't really start speaking until he was five. Now, at the age of 12, he is in the advanced language arts and Spanish classes at school. The little guy has come a long way, but I have to say that we worked very hard to get him there. And it was worth every second and every dollar we spent.

I've had a very difficult time reading this thread in general, just checking it to see how the search was going. But now, to see that he was murdered by his own father...I'm so angry and upset! It's beyond horrible when this happens to any child, but the thing is with young autistics is that many people, including some parents, lose sight of the fact that they are real people, with real emotions and ideas about the world around them. They are just stuck inside a kind of sensory prison and cannot show us or tell us what they feel!

Ugh, this case, makes me feel so awful! :tantrum:

I have a 4 year old with autism and have the same feelings.

I would be curious to find out if Joe was in Speech or other types of therapies. For some reason...I'm feeling that these parents may not have done much for him. But that's just what my gut is telling me.

The skeptic in me wants to know how long and under what conditions the father was questioned before this confession occurred. If he was coerced into a confession it would explain why they haven't found the boy's body yet. And you can tell by just looking at the man's photo that he's not very smart.

The fact that TBI was involved in obtaining the confession gives me a more confidence in its validity.

IMO you can’t tell anything about a person’s intelligence from a single photo.

First time posting, I follow regional missing persons on this site but have stayed in background.
Reading all the comments and watching all the official updates, I want to ask - has LE ever stated that the father made a confession? I only see where "the investigation led to the arrest", if LE has used the exact term, "Confession", then I've missed that.
I've seen speculation that evidence was found and wonder if that is what has led to the arrest. But has LE actually said there was a confession?

First time posting, I follow regional missing persons on this site but have stayed in background.
Reading all the comments and watching all the official updates, I want to ask - has LE ever stated that the father made a confession? I only see where "the investigation led to the arrest", if LE has used the exact term, "Confession", then I've missed that.
I've seen speculation that evidence was found and wonder if that is what has led to the arrest. But has LE actually said there was a confession?

:welcome:

Welcome! Yes, it was in the press release. The reporter asked the TBI if he confessed and he said "Yes".

I would be curious to find out if Joe was in Speech or other types of therapies. For some reason...I'm feeling that these parents may not have done much for him. But that's just what my gut is telling me.

That's what my gut says also. Early intervention can do wonders, even if a child isn't verbal it can help communication between them and their parents as well as provide support. BUT it also involves parents wanting to be proactive and wanting to help instead of just feeling sorry for themselves or dwelling on what their kid cannot do.

Also I am wondering if maybe mom did it and he's covering for her. Maybe he thinks if they find the body it will give away her involvement. MOO.

School may have taught him to sign. My son and us were taught to sign, and it significantly reduced his frustration.

@SophieNC5
5h5 hours ago
The search continues for the body of 5-year-old Joe Clyde Daniels. Crews rested last night after working non-stop since Wednesday morning. They’ll pick back up today without volunteers this time.

NewsChannel 5 Retweeted
@SophieNC5
4h4 hours ago
@DicksonCountySO will now stage the Joe Clyde Daniels recovery effort from the Tennessee City Fire Dept, where there’s a rotating sign. One of them says “Pray for Joe.” He’s on the minds of thousands this morning.

https://twitter.com/nc5

It's infuriating that dad won't man up and help LE bring Joe's body home. I'm starting to think things weren't right in that home for a while.

@SophieNC5
5h5 hours ago
The search continues for the body of 5-year-old Joe Clyde Daniels. Crews rested last night after working non-stop since Wednesday morning. They’ll pick back up today without volunteers this time.

NewsChannel 5 Retweeted
@SophieNC5
4h4 hours ago
@DicksonCountySO will now stage the Joe Clyde Daniels recovery effort from the Tennessee City Fire Dept, where there’s a rotating sign. One of them says “Pray for Joe.” He’s on the minds of thousands this morning.

https://twitter.com/nc5

It's infuriating that dad won't man up and help LE bring Joe's body home. I'm starting to think things weren't right in that home for a while.

Just a thought. Since they're not asking for volunteers to search I wonder if dad did tell where Joe is. Perhaps he's in a location where you really need professionals to recover his body. I'm thinking of two recent cases: Mariah Woods, recovered from the bottom of a lake and the Toole Teens who were recovered from the bottom of a mine shaft.

I agree with you and with others who have expressed this same sentiment.

There were two other children in the home who have now been removed from the home. One of them is an 8-year-old. Can someone who is familiar with investigations of this type tell me how valuable information from an 8-year-old could potentially be, or is LE allowed to speak to children in these cases at all?

Just a thought. Since they're not asking for volunteers to search I wonder if dad did tell where Joe is. Perhaps he's in a location where you really need professionals to recover his body. I'm thinking of two recent cases: Mariah Woods, recovered from the bottom of a lake and the Toole Teens who were recovered from the bottom of a mine shaft.

Mariah Woods was found in a creek near a bridge.

I think LE doesn't want volunteers out searching now that they know it's a body recovery because it's critical that the location be secured while any evidence left by Joe's killer is properly collected and documented. Also, IMO it would be inappropriate to expose a layperson to a dead body, not just for health reasons but it would likely be traumatic for the finder; it's hard enough for trained professionals.

There hasn't been any news in msm today about LE searching in a particular area so IMO dad hasn't talked. But yeah, if Joe's body is in a dangerous area that could also be a part of it but I think it's mainly because it's protocol to keep the public out of the recovery process. MOO.

I didn't say I'm surprised to find out how long abuse was going on. I said I'm scared to find out. Meaning..... it hasn't been determined yet. I'm scared of what we might find out. I mean, a child doesn't get killed from being nurtured too well. There was at least abuse this once, right? So, I'm scared that there was likely more abuse we haven't found out about yet.

And it doesn't seem ironic and twisted that this child was killed and reported missing in skeleton pajamas?.... because that is what a dead body becomes. A skeleton.

Whew! I guess it's one of those days where every word needs to be explained in detail. I hope that was sufficient explanation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You're good. You were clear the first time.

I think LE doesn't want volunteers out searching now that they know it's a body recovery because it's critical that the location be secured while any evidence left by Joe's killer is properly collected and documented. Also, IMO it would be inappropriate to expose a layperson to a dead body, not just for health reasons but it would likely be traumatic for the finder; it's hard enough for trained professionals.

There hasn't been any news in msm today about LE searching in a particular area so IMO dad hasn't talked. But yeah, if Joe's body is in a dangerous area that could also be a part of it but I think it's mainly because it's protocol to keep the public out of the recovery process. MOO.

That's a really good point, thanks.

Has anyone besides the parents actually confirmed that little Joe was indeed non-verbal and autistic? I don’t know why but as the younger sister to an older severely autistic nonverbal brother I’m getting a spidey sense that his issues may have been exaggerated or due to something other than autism. Joe Jr was born on July 30,2012 according to the 911 call so turning 6 in a few months. He would definitely be in at least kindergarten. Did he go to a regular school or a specialized school? Has his school put out a statement? I heard that he had attended classes on April 3. His little friends must really be missing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni