Still Missing TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't trust Marshburn. He's an opportunist, IMO. He insisted that his cadaver dogs hit on human remains in the case of Deorr Kunz Jr. The bone turned out to not be human. Haven't heard anything from him about the case after that! I don't believe a word he says.

Here's an article I just got in my alert.

Joe Clyde Daniels case: Private investigator believes boy could have been abducted or hit by car

Nov. 23, 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — A private investigator – who's worked on numerous missing persons cases, including the Joe Clyde Daniels disappearance – believes the boy could have been hit by a car or was possibly abducted.
[.....]
However, David Marshburn, a private investigator out of North Carolina, is not bound by the gag order. He met with Joe Clyde’s grandparents last year and used his blood hounds to search for the boy’s remains. He also closely followed the case just last week in Cheatham County where nine-year-old Jorden Gorman was found safe two days after he disappeared from his Ashland City home.

Marshburn says that highlights just how easy it is for a small child to walk away and vanish. However, authorities continue to maintain that the parents were involved in Joe Clyde’s death.

But Marshburn says he now believes there’s evidence that will surface that Joe Clyde was either hit by a car and taken away or abducted the night he disappeared.
[.....]
The Daniels case was supposed to go to trial in spring 2021, but due to COVID-19, that won’t happen. The Tennessee Supreme Court has shut down all jury trials because of the pandemic. This means the Joe Clyde Daniels trial will likely be pushed back until at least next summer – more than three years after he went missing.

David Marshburn was also the one who found Lucas Hernandez. I was thankful he found that sweet boy but it was done kinda backhanded. Not that the step mom didn’t deserve it but it didn’t come to fruition by honest means.

But....No, no he wasn’t hit by a car or abducted. If that was the case why was the first story to fall out of his parents mouth one of murder, murder out of anger. If your kid was abducted or hit then you tell the truth. There’s only one reason to lie to LE. You don’t lie if someone else took your kid, you don’t lie if someone else (or even yourself) ran over your kid.

Not too sure if this happening today - but I shall post it anyway....

Tuesday, December 1st:
*Motion Hearing (re confession) for both (@ 10:30am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – *Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 30) “father” arrested & charged (4/7/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with 1 count of 1st degree murder, felony murder, aggravated child abuse, filing a false report & tampering with evidence. $1M bond.
Confessed on 4/6/18. Waived rights to Prelim hearing. Joseph Daniels told officers that he beat his son to death after his son urinated on the floor.
Trial was set to begin on 8/17/20 for both-delayed on 3/10/20, delayed to next year Feb. 2021.

Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 9/24/20 reference post #641 here:
Deceased/Not Found - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2
9/25/20 Update: TBI Agent Ronnie Faulkner testified about how the polygraph & interrogation of Daniels proceeded. Defense Attorney Jake Lockert asked TBI Agent Faulkner if it's inappropriate to administer a polygraph to someone who has Bi-Polar One disorder. He appeared to be referencing his client. Faulkner says he's not aware of any limitations related to that condition. Lockert asked questions that cast polygraph tests into doubt. The judge reminded Lockert polygraph tests are not admissible in TN court cases anyway, because there is no scientific proof of their accuracy. After Agent Faulkner left stand, the Defense played the rest of that second angle of the video for Judge Wolfe. The next pre-trial hearing for Daniels will not be held until at least December 1st. Due to COVID social distancing concerns in the current courthouse, all legal parties have agreed to delay hearings until Dickson County's new judicial center opens in late November. The trial could be delayed, due to the fact they're delaying pre-trial hearings until the new Dickson County Judicial Center opens. Still no decision whether Daniels' confession video will be shown to a jury. There are still 10 more motions for the judge to consider.

*Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 29) “mom” arrested & charged (4/8/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. $1M bond.
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 3/10/20 reference post #438 here:
Deceased/Not Found - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

5/26/20 Update: According to Dickson County’s jail administrator, Krystal Daniels faces charges for criminal responsibility, accessory after the fact and making false reports to officers. Daniels was already charged with aggravated child abuse. Judge Wolfe did not set a new trial date on 3/10/20, but said sometime in 2021 is likely. He set a status hearing for Sept. (no date mentioned). Article mentioned Krystal has hearing on 9/24/20 also. 9/24/20 Update: Went thru motions – no idea “what”.

Any updates on what might have happened on Dec. 1st - or did I get the date wrong?

I'm just getting October, 2020 articles over here....

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-057.gif

I’ve been thinking about baby Joe a lot recently and have been logging on to check if there’s an update daily. Hoping because he’s been so heavy on my mind that means a break in the case is coming or that he’s found soon. Breaks my heart that we are so far out and he’s still not found.

Every time I see a notice here for his thread, my heart stops and I have to catch my breath. I'm not sure there will be a break for little Joe Clyde ☹️
But we are here for him anyway ....
We don't give up ever MOO

Trials shutdown likely to delay Daniels case

Jan. 20, 2021

A Tennessee Supreme Court order suspending jury trials for two months likely will delay the Dickson County case involving Joe Clyde Daniels.

The boy’s parents, Joseph and Krystal Daniels, are scheduled for trial in February, but the state supreme court’s order extends the suspension of jury trials through March 31 on account of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Jan. 15 order allows for Chief Justice Jeffrey Bivens to make exceptions to the suspension on a case-by-case basis, so it is not certain how jury trials in Dickson County courts will be affected.

The order suspends most in-person court proceedings in addition to jury trials. It also covers all state and local courts in Tennessee, including but not limited to municipal, juvenile, general sessions, trial, and appellate courts.

I wish they would give actual date in February....

Trials shutdown likely to delay Daniels case

Jan. 20, 2021

A Tennessee Supreme Court order suspending jury trials for two months likely will delay the Dickson County case involving Joe Clyde Daniels.

The boy’s parents, Joseph and Krystal Daniels, are scheduled for trial in February, but the state supreme court’s order extends the suspension of jury trials through March 31 on account of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Jan. 15 order allows for Chief Justice Jeffrey Bivens to make exceptions to the suspension on a case-by-case basis, so it is not certain how jury trials in Dickson County courts will be affected.

The order suspends most in-person court proceedings in addition to jury trials. It also covers all state and local courts in Tennessee, including but not limited to municipal, juvenile, general sessions, trial, and appellate courts.

I wish they would give actual date in February....

Grrrr...I'm afraid this pandemic is going to the help defense's side. I pray someone stumbles upon evidence or sings like a songbird. Whether this child is deceased( my belief), sold, or abducted HE DESERVES JUSTICE!!!!

Well dang - at least the article could give us dates on the hearings they will have "later this month"....

Anyone reading here have access to Dickson County?

TIA! :)

Give it time. One will make the other angry, then they’ll turn on each other. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was something their defense attorneys came up with to prevent them from possibly having to testify against each other.

Give it time. One will make the other angry, then they’ll turn on each other. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was something their defense attorneys came up with to prevent them from possibly having to testify against each other.
I totally think it was their defense Att's idea....Especially Joe's. I believe Krystal to be the weakest link, and filled with the most guilt.

any word on "when" the hearing is supposed to be in late February? I have trial starting summer of 2021....

any word on "when" the hearing is supposed to be in late February? I have trial starting summer of 2021....
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/j...trial-date-could-be-set-during-monday-hearing

Joe Clyde Daniels case: Trial for Joseph, Krystal Daniels set to begin on June 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Nearly three years after Joe Clyde Daniels disappeared, the case is finally headed to trial.

A hearing was held Monday morning via Zoom, where Judge David Wolfe set the trial date for June 1. It's expected to continue until at least June 11, and a jury will be brought in from outside of the area.........

Thank you very much @Proud Country Gal - and just to keep my notes straight - I shall post this. And that way I can shorten it up a bit too.

Monday, Feb. 8th:
*Motion Hearing (re confession) for both (@ 10:30am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – *Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 30) “father” arrested & charged (4/7/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with 1 count of 1st degree murder, felony murder, aggravated child abuse, filing a false report & tampering with evidence. $1M bond.
Confessed on 4/6/18. Waived rights to Prelim hearing. Joseph Daniels told officers that he beat his son to death after his son urinated on the floor.
Trial was set to begin on 8/17/20 for both-delayed on 3/10/20, delayed to 6/1/21 (thru 6/11/21)

Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 9/24/20 reference post #641 here:
Still Missing - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

9/25/20 Update: TBI Agent Ronnie Faulkner testified about how the polygraph & interrogation of Daniels proceeded. Defense Attorney Jake Lockert asked TBI Agent Faulkner if it's inappropriate to administer a polygraph to someone who has Bi-Polar One disorder. He appeared to be referencing his client. Faulkner says he's not aware of any limitations related to that condition. Lockert asked questions that cast polygraph tests into doubt. The judge reminded Lockert polygraph tests are not admissible in TN court cases anyway, because there is no scientific proof of their accuracy. After Agent Faulkner left stand, the Defense played the rest of that second angle of the video for Judge Wolfe. The next pre-trial hearing for Daniels will not be held until at least December 1st. Due to COVID social distancing concerns in the current courthouse, all legal parties have agreed to delay hearings until Dickson County's new judicial center opens in late November. The trial could be delayed, due to the fact they're delaying pre-trial hearings until the new Dickson County Judicial Center opens. Still no decision whether Daniels' confession video will be shown to a jury. There are still 10 more motions for the judge to consider.
1/20/21 Update: A Tennessee Supreme Court order suspending jury trials for 2 months likely will delay the Dickson County case involving Joe Clyde. The boy’s parents, Joseph & Krystal Daniels, are scheduled for trial in February, but the state supreme court’s order extends the suspension of jury trials through March 31 on account of the COVID-19 pandemic.
2/1/21 Update: The couple won't be divorcing which means they likely won't testify against each other because spousal privilege remains on the table - a large complication for prosecutors already heading to what will be a very high profile trial with very little physical evidence. Now, just months before a trial there seems little chance one partner can be forced to testify against the other. They are to be tried together, but Krystal requested a divorce to separate herself before trial. A hearing is scheduled on Feb. 8, 2021.

*Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 29) “mom” arrested & charged (4/8/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. $1M bond.
Trial set to begin on 6/1/21 (thru 6/11/21).
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 3/10/20 reference post #438 here:
Still Missing - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

5/26/20 Update: According to Dickson County’s jail administrator, Krystal Daniels faces charges for criminal responsibility, accessory after the fact and making false reports to officers. Daniels was already charged with aggravated child abuse. Judge Wolfe did not set a new trial date on 3/10/20, but said sometime in 2021 is likely. He set a status hearing for Sept. (no date mentioned). Article mentioned Krystal has hearing on 9/24/20 also. 9/24/20 Update: Went thru motions – no idea “what”.
1/20/21 Update: A Tennessee Supreme Court order suspending jury trials for 2 months likely will delay the Dickson County case involving Joe Clyde. The boy’s parents, Joseph & Krystal Daniels, are scheduled for trial in February, but the state supreme court’s order extends the suspension of jury trials through March 31 on account of the COVID-19 pandemic.
2/1/21 Update: The couple won't be divorcing which means they likely won't testify against each other because spousal privilege remains on the table - a large complication for prosecutors already heading to what will be a very high profile trial with very little physical evidence. Now, just months before a trial there seems little chance one partner can be forced to testify against the other. They are to be tried together, but Krystal requested a divorce to separate herself before trial. A hearing is scheduled on Feb. 8, 2021. Changed her mind-no divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard