Presumed Located TN - Kevin Hamby, 38, Morgan County, 14 Nov 2017

Interesting comment. Wonder what would cause the trail to go cold after 5 miles? A man and an ATV vanished?
Wonder if water or emankments in the area?

------------------------------------

"A tracking dog followed Hamby's scent from his home for about five miles, but the leaders say the trail went cold.

Saturday over a half dozen rescue squads answered Morgan County's call to assist in the search. Morgan County Rescue Squad Chief Neil Noe said the crews had searched a radius around eight miles from Hamby's house.

Though crews found no trace of Hamby or his side-by-side, Sheriff Glen Freytag says there is no evidence of suspicious activity at this point in the investigation."

http://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/search-scaled-back-for-missing-morgan-county-man/51-492954020

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Any updates? I googled the polaris and it looks like a larger atv. I wouldn't think, but don't know, he would have been able to maneuver it easily through thick woods, only on a trail or other wider open area. If he had an accident I would think he and his atv would have been spotted by searchers on ground and in air. Unless he tumbled down a bluff or "cliff"? Maybe someone accidentally shot him with an arrow or muzzleloader, panicked and hid him and the polaris. Unless he wanted to not be found..just rambling thoughts about what may have happened. His poor dad seemed so upset (rightfully so!) I hope he can be found soon!

It's reported that he left at 7pm, it was pitch dark by then. Maybe relevant to our consideration of road/trail taken, speed, hunter interactions?
I wish they would release the location of the end of the scent trail.
I wish they would do a press conference.

Could he possibly be despondent over the chronic pain he’s living with? That his settlement was almost exhausted?

Hopefully not, but IMO another idea to explain his sudden disappearance?

Is anyone interested in rumors floating around area?
There have been some rumors that are very painful to the family and appear to be utterly false. Our objective here is to help find Kevin through our sleuthing. We're interested in information that leads to our objective. Check out the terms of service before you post. If you are an insider, get verified and jump in. Welcome!

Pic of the side by side. It has not been found. Quite a piece of equipment to vanish along with him.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kev...UIEygD&biw=768&bih=1024#imgrc=KXtAPUeZ4v7NIM:
9de5707f45bf27c3d769c0372d090089.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

There have been some rumors that are very painful to the family and appear to be utterly false. Our objective here is to help find Kevin through our sleuthing. We're interested in information that leads to our objective. Check out the terms of service before you post. If you are an insider, get verified and jump in. Welcome!
Wasn't hard to find and can understand how it could be painful. Hopefully none of it is true. Either someone knows something or he drove the ATV into a hole.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Family puts Christmas on hold while investigators search for missing man

After a month of searching for 38-year-old Kevin Hamby, his family said they will hold off on Christmas until he is found.

The Morgan County Sheriff's Department said they are exploring every possible lead in the disappearance of Kevin Hamby.

Hamby's father and wife Connie said they are too heartbroken to celebrate the holidays.

"Well you can see we aren't celebrating Christmas," said Connie. "He was really looking forward to it, then this happened. I guess we aren't even going to put up a tree. We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving either," said Hamby's father Reuben.

Sheriff Freytag said Hamby's disappearance is an active investigation and that rugged terrain has made the search difficult.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...igators-search-for-missing-man-463803863.html

Any updates? This case worries me..he has such a sweet face. I wonder where the tracking dogs ended up when the trail went cold at five miles. Was there a creek to cross so the dogs lost the scent (does that even matter?). Did it begin to get dark before he made it back home he couldn't see the path well and had an accident? But then, I would think he and his polaris would not be far on the trail? So many questions and I don't have knowledge of "off-roading" activities..I wish I did, it looks like beautiful terrain when one lives in scenic deprived IA. Just soooo hoping he is found safe and brought home to his family. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving for pete's sake!! ETA: so far OFF the trail. I really should proofread before I hit post.

BBM- I suppose it depends on the tracking dog and it's abilities/training, but a creek shouldn't matter much at all assuming the trail comes out the other side. I could see a dog losing a scent through moving water (as the scent would be washed downstream), but a decent dog should be able to pick up the scent coming from the other side. Our beagles and the coonhounds I've hunted with had no issues with crossing a trail through water.

-------------------

I think the huge area they would need to search would make it near impossible to find a side by side (especially an overturned or muddy one that would blend in better), let alone a single person.

Aerial searches would likely be hindered by the tree canopy. Not sure if evergreens are prevalent, but even the thousands of branches and limbs would make it difficult to spot smaller objects from above.

Another concern would be a side by side appearing to be abandoned if KH wasn't nearby. I think an expensive piece of equipment would be mighty tempting to a less-than-upstanding citizen, especially if it was able to be driven out. And if off-roading is a popular activity in the area, seeing someone driving one around wouldn't draw added attention.

Leaving at 7pm seems a bit odd. Not much to see in the dark. Are there laws in place restricting off-roading on public property after dark?

Was there a specific trail he liked to ride on? Did he ever venture onto Catoosa/Lone Mountain/Big South Fork? Is it possible they are looking on the wrong piece of land? An RZR should have a pretty decent range (75-130ish miles depending on the year), so he could have gone a long way, especially if he didn't want to be found.

Whiskers16, thank you for sharing that article. It is full of very good information that is most likely related to his disappearance. Sadly I'm thinking suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding
Back