Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

Today while reading a case of a woman missing from the 1970's who was a "chronic runaway" (note: I dislike this term), it had me thinking about this case and how perhaps SG JD left home significantly before 1987, was reported missing eventually, but there is no DNA from family on file. And we just have to search far back. Perhaps?

I thought I found a possibility the other day, but then saw the woman went missing at the end of June in 1987. SG Jane Doe was definitely deceased on the 1st, right?

Today while reading a case of a woman missing from the 1970's who was a "chronic runaway" (note: I dislike this term), it had me thinking about this case and how perhaps SG JD left home significantly before 1987, was reported missing eventually, but there is no DNA from family on file. And we just have to search far back. Perhaps?

I thought I found a possibility the other day, but then saw the woman went missing at the end of June in 1987. SG Jane Doe was definitely deceased on the 1st, right?

As I've previously said, I have a very promising match on her FB, someone messaged to say they think she's their mother. I offered to enter her in NamUs but also told them how to do it. They stopped answering me.

I can lead them in the direction but can't make them do it. Unfortunately they didn't give me her name so I couldn't enter her myself

As I've previously said, I have a very promising match on her FB, someone messaged to say they think she's their mother. I offered to enter her in NamUs but also told them how to do it. They stopped answering me.

I can lead them in the direction but can't make them do it. Unfortunately they didn't give me her name so I couldn't enter her myself

That's so hard for me to understand - that a family wouldn't pursue it, but I guess you never know why they stopped responding.

Well, that's possible. This is a long-shot--all of them are by now--but not in rule-outs. She's Patricia Lynn Taylor.
patricialynntaylor.png

• Missing Since08/31/1981
  • Missing From Owasso, Oklahoma
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 11/23/1965 (55)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'8, 110 - 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, hazel eyes. Patricia has a freckled complexion and she wears eyeglasses or contact lenses. Her nicknames are Patsi and Patty. She has a tattoo of the letter S on her right arm.

Patricia was born in California. Some time later, due to problems at home, she went to live with relatives in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Six months later, she was taken to Oklahoma and placed in the care of Oklahoma's Department of Human Services (DHS).

Initially she stayed at the Oklahoma Baptist Home for Children's Owasso campus. She was transferred to the Tulsa Girls Group Home in July 1981. Patricia was last seen on August 31, 1981. Authorities classified her as a runaway.

Patricia left behind a large family, including at least five half-siblings. The Oklahoma DHS closed her case when she turned eighteen, but in 2015, after over 30 years without hearing from Patricia, her family asked the police to open a missing persons case for her.

Her disappearance remains unsolved and the circumstances of her case are unclear.
So, she would have been about at the lower estimate here age-wise. Her hair is listed as red-auburn at NamUs, and eyes variously hazel or green. Her face doesn't have the shape of the recreations of Shotgun Jane Doe, but those seem a little off to me. Anyway, worth a think, maybe.

BTW, there is a photo of her with another girl at NAMUS.

lisaworkman2.png Note says they don't know where the photo taken (appears to be in front of a public school building), and they don't know Patsi's age at the time. It doesn't say that they don't know who Lisa Workman is, though.

websterjrhighelreno.jpg Looks as though it could be Webster Junior High in El Reno, OK.

Patricia has a thread here. On page 5 there is a link to a Facebook page set up by her sister.

Last edited:
Dead on June 1 without a doubt. I agree with you it is time to go further back. This girl I fear is a run away from a children's home or something similar. I found a home with a missing person in Virginia 1984. The injuries are similar based on an eyewitness there at the time. They will release no information. The police in the area show no missing person's report at that time. Witness claims the missing girl's name was Mary. You can get close but then hit a stone wall. I also want to add I am throwing out the isotope results. Time to look other places.

The picture you see is grainy. Having seen the original picture it is B and H without a doubt. Very crude. It is a home made tattoo like you would get in jail or would do at home. Its placement says she did not do it herself. I don't think it is her initials. Statistics are very low for people who tattoo their own initials. Now some investigators early on opined it would be a boyfriend or husband. I lean more to it being a child or a child she lost. I also saw that Florida said it could be a Blood and Honor tattoo used to mark girlfriends of biker club members. I haven't explored that yet.

The Doe Network: Case File 3044DFMO
I considered Peggy Alt for a moment. I don't think PA is this Doe, but what caught my eye is that PA had a burn on her upper left arm and SG-JD had a tattoo. But then again, it's a common place for a tattoo and not a tattoo that would really cover a burn so... And she'd have been 19, so below our estimated age range. I talked myself out of it. :rolleyes:

The Doe Network: Case File 3044DFMO
I considered Peggy Alt for a moment. I don't think PA is this Doe, but what caught my eye is that PA had a burn on her upper left arm and SG-JD had a tattoo. But then again, it's a common place for a tattoo and not a tattoo that would really cover a burn so... And she'd have been 19, so below our estimated age range. I talked myself out of it. :rolleyes:

but then... Peggy isn't on the rule out list....

For now, I do not believe she was pretending to be afraid of these men and it was a ruse. I don't believe she was a willing participant. She was vulnerable and IMO a victim.
I hope LE soon confirms she has her name back!

I read on here that the 911 call was recorded. On that recording one of the scumbags with her, was trying to calm her down, and was unsuccessful in doing so. They can be heard saying something along the lines if "forget about her, she's just crazy".

So, my impression is that these guys were scum for sure, but probably had no clue what they were dealing with, and probably never imagined she would get shot.

Also,

I looked at the area on Google maps. I think the area looks like it's relativity new.

The houses on that street look like they are built in late 90s early 2000s.

I'd be curious to know what it looked like in 87.

There's a lot of new development now. The old house was torn down, but I believe this is the location where the house stood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackUlyssesStyce
Back