Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

Wondering if this might be the case referenced in this article today? rbbm.
Knox County Regional Forensic Center identifies 1987 cold case victim | wbir.com
''Updated: 10:38 AM EDT August 23, 2021
KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. — The Knox County Regional Forensic Center (RFC) made a breakthrough in a homicide case dating back more than three decades.''

''This month the RFC said investigators looked at other cases and found two that had fingerprint cards attached, according to the release. The center was recently granted permission to directly submit prints to an FBI database, which allowed for comparison with recently digitized fingerprint cards from other jurisdictions across the nation from past decades.

One case did not result in a match, but the center was successful in identifying a homicide victim from 1987, according to a release from Knox County. The remains in that case were transferred to the RFC from UT Forensic Anthropology Center in 2017.

''The RFC said it will not release details about the decades-old homicide case at this time.''

“We are working with law enforcement from California, the Knox County Sheriff’s Office, and the District Attorney’s Office to help locate the next of kin and bring someone closure,” Thomas said.''

Wondering if this might be the case referenced in this article today? rbbm.
Knox County Regional Forensic Center identifies 1987 cold case victim | wbir.com
''Updated: 10:38 AM EDT August 23, 2021
KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. — The Knox County Regional Forensic Center (RFC) made a breakthrough in a homicide case dating back more than three decades.''

''This month the RFC said investigators looked at other cases and found two that had fingerprint cards attached, according to the release. The center was recently granted permission to directly submit prints to an FBI database, which allowed for comparison with recently digitized fingerprint cards from other jurisdictions across the nation from past decades.

One case did not result in a match, but the center was successful in identifying a homicide victim from 1987, according to a release from Knox County. The remains in that case were transferred to the RFC from UT Forensic Anthropology Center in 2017.

''The RFC said it will not release details about the decades-old homicide case at this time.''

“We are working with law enforcement from California, the Knox County Sheriff’s Office, and the District Attorney’s Office to help locate the next of kin and bring someone closure,” Thomas said.''

It has to be!

Dead for Decades: Knox County’s forensic team identifies five people’s remains in three months
Updated: 12 hours ago
rbbm.
''KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - The Knox County Regional Forensic Center unlocked the mysteries behind at least three homicide victims who have been dead for decades.

Before June, twenty people’s remains sat at the center and no one knew their names or if they had a family to claim them.

Chief Administrator Chris Thomas told WVLT News that sometime in June he and his team questioned how they could identify those remains. The answer was reentering DNA into a national database, which was successful for five people.

Thomas said they were especially surprised to learn the name of a woman who was killed in Knox County back in 1987. Her information was at another agency all this time, but was never entered into the national database until May.''

Please don't tell us it was SGJD whose information was not entered into a national database until May 2021. o_O

From the article above, "If you have a lost loved one [The Knox County Regional Forensic Center Administrator, C. Thomas] has encouraged entering DNA into the NAMUS database."

But SGJD was in NamUs...

Please don't tell us it was SGJD whose information was not entered into a national database until May 2021. o_O

From the article above, "If you have a lost loved one [The Knox County Regional Forensic Center Administrator, C. Thomas] has encouraged entering DNA into the NAMUS database."

But SGJD was in NamUs...

SGJD was in NamUs. But the missing persons info, under her actual name, wasn't entered into the Missing Persons side of NamUs until May 2021.

I'm addressing a couple of the most recent posts.

1. The men with her that night did tell police she mentioned her name and the state of Illinois.

2. This robbery angle has been misconstrued. The homeowner was obviously thinking it was a home invasion situation. I think she was justified given the circumstances.

However - There is a police report that was made public, if you read between the lines the police couldn't identify her. Had no idea what exactly happened, so they picked up the 2 men under the guise of investigating a robbery. If my intuition is on, they really didn't think this was a robbery. That was just a means to get these guys in custody so they could sort this out.

3. The 911 call (which I have not heard, but read a summary) supports the theory that Tena was having some sort of episode.

It sounds like she had well documented illnesses, and I suspect a few undiagnosed issues too.

I think she lost control of her faculties. I'm willing to speculate that these 2 men frightened her on some level. To expand on that, I think deep down, her instincts probably told her she was in danger, but her illnesses and lifestyle didn't allow for her to react in a more "reasonable" manner. So she just bolted from the barn/garage where they were hanging out. Probably making a big commotion.

Somehow she got the idea to run to the nearest house. And that's where the story ended.

Some open questions I have are:

Why weren't these dudes arrested for stealing that guy's car?

This isn't a question- but I cannot find anything regarding these 2 guys. No social media, no arrest reports, obituaries, nothing.

Personal note: Years and years ago there was a girl that used to hang out with people in my social circle. Very nice person, quiet, but very pleasant.

As it turned out, she had some severe mental issues that she was being treated for.

One evening at a bar (I wasn't there) she had a episode. It wasn't a pleasant situation. I was told she was very aggressive and erratic.
No one could control her. She ended up leaving without her stuff, and just ran off.

Anyway, that incident was always in my thoughts when I read about sgjd.

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts discussing an identity have been removed.

If LE has not released information on a case, it is for a reason, whether investigatory reasons, next of kin notification, or family privacy.

Websleuths does not allow links to random sources that are not approved. There are literally thousands of pop-up missing persons groups 'out there' and we have no way of vetting who they are, what they publicize, or where they get their information.

She's very dear to my heart. It's been a busy few months for my health when her anniversary rolled around. I worked on her Facebook page some today.

I don't know why her LE never submitted her to DNA Doe Project.

Prayers for SJD and her family.

I'm addressing a couple of the most recent posts.

1. The men with her that night did tell police she mentioned her name and the state of Illinois.

YES although they said they heard the name Tina (Tena) but did not say that was HER name.

2. This robbery angle has been misconstrued. The homeowner was obviously thinking it was a home invasion situation. I think she was justified given the circumstances.

AGREED

However - There is a police report that was made public, if you read between the lines the police couldn't identify her. Had no idea what exactly happened, so they picked up the 2 men under the guise of investigating a robbery. If my intuition is on, they really didn't think this was a robbery. That was just a means to get these guys in custody so they could sort this out.

YES In 1987 the Knox County Police were lack luster. The DA was lack luster and the ME was just plain weird (would later be shot by a TBI agent.)

3. The 911 call (which I have not heard, but read a summary) supports the theory that Tena was having some sort of episode.

YES

It sounds like she had well documented illnesses, and I suspect a few undiagnosed issues too.

AGREED

I think she lost control of her faculties. I'm willing to speculate that these 2 men frightened her on some level. To expand on that, I think deep down, her instincts probably told her she was in danger, but her illnesses and lifestyle didn't allow for her to react in a more "reasonable" manner. So she just bolted from the barn/garage where they were hanging out. Probably making a big commotion.

BINGO Tena was NOT a criminal as I see it!

Somehow she got the idea to run to the nearest house. And that's where the story ended.

IT was her only hope with these two

Some open questions I have are:

Why weren't these dudes arrested for stealing that guy's car?

Randy Nichols (the DA) was not much in my book. Look up Thomas "Zoo Man" Huskey and see where he let a serial killer get away. He even admits he messed up.

This isn't a question- but I cannot find anything regarding these 2 guys. No social media, no arrest reports, obituaries, nothing.

Both still alive.

She's very dear to my heart. It's been a busy few months for my health when her anniversary rolled around. I worked on her Facebook page some today.

I don't know why her LE never submitted her to DNA Doe Project.

Prayers for SJD and her family.

I urged them to. Both they and DNA DOE were quite rude in my opinion.

09/17/21

Find California Missing Event Tomorrow 9/18/2021
In March of 2021, the son of Tena Marie Gattrell reported her missing to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office. Gattrell, who was 25 years old at the time of her disappearance, had not been seen by family or friends since 1985. The sheriff’s office initiated a report, entered Gattrell in both the state and federal missing person databases, submitted the case to NamUs and began conducting a basic follow-up investigation.

Link

Sac Sheriff

09/17/21

Find California Missing Event Tomorrow 9/18/2021
In March of 2021, the son of Tena Marie Gattrell reported her missing to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office. Gattrell, who was 25 years old at the time of her disappearance, had not been seen by family or friends since 1985. The sheriff’s office initiated a report, entered Gattrell in both the state and federal missing person databases, submitted the case to NamUs and began conducting a basic follow-up investigation.

Link

Sac Sheriff
It seems to me that more children of missing relatives are coming forward now that they’re adults themselves. That’s good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux
Back