Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

I am very glad she's been identified. I still don't believe Tena was trying to rob the home where she was shot. I believe she feared for her and was trying to evade the two men she was with.

I've read they two men stole the vehicle they traveled in from an old man and kept him in the car with them. I wish there was a record of the names of these two miscreants.

I am very glad she's been identified. I still don't believe Tena was trying to rob the home where she was shot. I believe she feared for her and was trying to evade the two men she was with.

I've read they two men stole the vehicle they traveled in from an old man and kept him in the car with them. I wish there was a record of the names of these two miscreants.
I agree. I believe she was in fear when she was killed. I feel we may never know the truth behind her death. :(

I am from the area. Tena WAS NOT a criminal in her death. I have most all records regarding her death. Anyone wanting to know more about the folks involved can email me. I won't post personal information here. I would like to point out now that this is over (at least this phase) that isotope testing is misleading at best (this case) or just wrong (other cases). I also want to point out in some cases the absolute inability for law enforcement (in this case) to take us serious. They have released a clip to our local news (in my opinion) taking credit for the resolution of this case. The fact is her son found her by simply walking into a police station and having her reported missing, finally. She had been in databases for years, his action was paramount to the resolution.

RENEW investigation into her death! She deserves another look.

Anyone wanting to discuss this case may email me at shotgunjanedoe@gmail.com.

Thanks to the many of you who did not let this case go...You know who you are. A list item has been removed from my bucket.

I think I'll take up another case locally now.

Looks like ID has been confirmed as Tena Marie Gattrell from the Sacramento County Sheriff’s office:

I will be sharing specifics of how it happened either today or tomorrow on her page.

Her son has a partner Elaine, I'm not sure if they're married or not, they have a daughter together. Anyway, she is the reason Tena's case is solved. She has been looking for Tena many years. She's the one that thought Tena may be a Jane Doe. She even did GEDmatch with his DNA. She also reached out to DDP to see if they could help her. She even tried to enter her in NamUs herself but was told she doesn't qualify.

Elaine is a bad a$$ with her determination.

I'm sure if I didn't break the news on her page that none of the LE would have either.

For anyone wanting to know the real story on how SAC Sheriff's office got the match out of the blue, come to Shotgun Jane's FB page to see the post about Elaina's hard work from the last 4 years. If it was not for Elaina trying to find Tena's son's mom, the match wouldn't happen.

Shame on Knox PD for not submitting her to DDP many years ago when they first started getting identifications. I don't understand why they wouldn't do it since it would have been free for them.

By this do you mean Tena's immediate relative would have had to enter her into NamUs, or do you mean Tena didn't qualify to be added?

Elaina entered Tena in NamUs but was told by someone that Tena's case can't be published on NamUs for some reason.I have a few cases sitting there unpublished because of some technicality. One was a missing Kansas gal named Michelle Evon Carnall, I was denied for her mother to do DNA almost 10 years ago because she couldn't get an MP report. I went to 3 different NamUs reps who would not help me get an MP report. One of them was Amy Dobbs which really surprised me because she was somewhat decent when she was Shotgun's LE. She at least worked with WS people.

What also sucks is that Jarred and Elaina had to pay to get Tena cremated, they wouldn't eat the cost which didn't surprise me. I told Elaina to make a go fund me. I'd share it on SJD's FB page. I'm sure people that followed her case would have been happy to donate to get her home.
Marion County Jane Doe 1987 - DNA Doe Project Cases

I am from the area. Tena WAS NOT a criminal in her death. I have most all records regarding her death. Anyone wanting to know more about the folks involved can email me. I won't post personal information here. I would like to point out now that this is over (at least this phase) that isotope testing is misleading at best (this case) or just wrong (other cases). I also want to point out in some cases the absolute inability for law enforcement (in this case) to take us serious. They have released a clip to our local news (in my opinion) taking credit for the resolution of this case. The fact is her son found her by simply walking into a police station and having her reported missing, finally. She had been in databases for years, his action was paramount to the resolution.

RENEW investigation into her death! She deserves another look.

Anyone wanting to discuss this case may email me at shotgunjanedoe@gmail.com.

Thanks to the many of you who did not let this case go...You know who you are. A list item has been removed from my bucket.

I think I'll take up another case locally now.

I share your frustration with LE and also that Tena was not a criminal. I've said since 2009 that I didn't feel Tena was breaking into the house. I think she went there to get away from the men.

IMO the homeowner should have been charged. We had looked into it many years ago. If I remember right, she was some how tied to someone in the town government, so she got off.

Come to the group. Tena's son's partner is there. She's all ears. I just posted her story so that everyone will know how hard she advocated for Tena for 4 years. I'm not surprised she didn't get any credit. It's not right that SAC Sheriff's office is taking credit for the match when they were negligent for not adding Tena's prints to NCIC.

Elaina just told me that Tena is on her way home to them. They just sent her a tracking number.

I'm going to share Elaina's story here because I forget that people without Facebook may not be able to see it. This will also help the general public that may be interested but can't see it either.

Tena Marie's son Jarred has a partner named Elaina that did a lot to find Tena. If it was not for all that she did, Shotgun Jane would not be identified right now because the system failed Tena big time. Elaina deserves a LOT of credit for all that she did.

I feel that Elaina's hard work should be recognized. Advocates do not advocate for Does for credit but it sure feels good when our contribution is recognized, especially when some of us have 5 or 10 years of work trying to help them get home to their loved ones. Families of missing who advocate for their missing loved one should also be recognized.

If Tena's fingerprints were entered into the database, she could have been identified years ago. Shotgun Janes case should have been one of the cases submitted to DNA Doe Project when they first started announcing identifications. It breaks my heart that she was never submitted, especially since it wouldn't cost her LE or ME any money because DDP fund raise.

The last step in Jarred being reunited with his mom was to get Tena's remains cremated. Elaina told me she's sent them the money to have it done, so hopefully it won't be long before they have her. Elaina told me that she received a tracking number, Tena is on her way home.

Below is Elaina's story on how she was able to get Tena matched to our Shotgun Jane. Elaina really kicked *advertiser censored* with all that she did to try to find Tena. If it wasn't for her, the sheriff's office never would have made the connection.

Hopefully sharing Elaina's story will help other families with missing loved ones to do things like DNA with Ancestry DNA and 23 and me, uploading to the free databases My Heritage, FTDNA and GEDmatch. You never know how many teens that ran away or some that were kidnapped may have had kids in captivity that do their DNA with one of the companies to find out their ethnicities.

Families have to advocate for their loved one. Law enforcement do not have time to devote to missing cases, especially old cases.

Thank you Elaina for sticking it out for four years to find Tena. Unfortunately, yours and Jarred's daughter will not know her grandmother, but I'm sure she will appreciate all that her mom did to find her grandmother.

Tena Marie Gattrell DOB 06/18/1960

I began my search for Jarred’s biological parents nearly 4 years ago. I knew he was born in Sacramento County and his birthday. Jarred knew he was adopted but nothing more. I had an amazing search angel that helped me narrow down who his biological mother was through a distant match on his Ancestry DNA. We learned his birth name as well through the California Birth Index. Jarred was born as Troy Lee Gattrell on March 18th, 1985.

It was time to make contact with a family member as we weren't quite sure where the relationship was between said person. Immediately, I was told that his biological mothers name was Tena Marie Gattrell born 06/18/1960. The family knew that she was pregnant and that the baby was given up for adoption. She had 3 surviving brothers. We made a trip to San Diego and met Tena's two brothers and learned a lot about the family. The stories of their childhood began to surface. These weren't happy stories, these were awful stories that I wish we never had to hear. The stories were all from over 30 years ago when she was only a child. We heard she was gorgeous with long black hair and perfect teeth. We headed back home and I had a few more details that I thought might help locate her. A search of her name yielded nothing, how is that possible? I began to think that she may not be the person we thought and maybe we were chasing the wrong person. I heard a story involving a terrible accident in which her little brother was killed when she was 10 years old while they lived in Pleasant Hill, Ca. I went to Pleasant Hill and found a news article on a microfilm from her little brother's obituary that mentioned her name, this is how I knew she existed.

During this time I filed for non identifying birth information from Sacramento County. I already knew who she was but it helped me a bit more. It informed me that she was mentally ill and that she did NOT want to relinquish Jarred for adoption. This was hard to hear knowing that he was taken because she deemed unfit to parent. We stayed in contact with Tena’s brothers and I met the last one at Avenal State Prison. I got a good description from him but no one had a picture that he knew of. They all knew few details about her whereabouts for the last 30 years. They hadn’t seen her in over 30 years! Lots of questions arose. “Did you look for her?” "Why didn't anyone ever report her missing?" We got back home to Sacramento and it was back to the drawing board. We hired private investigators, we joined a ton of Facebook groups, and even tried to report her missing.

On September 9th, 2019, we went to the Sacramento Police Department at Kinney Station and filed a missing persons report. We got a phone call before we even made it home that the missing persons report would be cancelled. Jarred even wrote on the report that he believed his mother was a Jane Doe. I still have no idea why this was cancelled and probably never will. This didn’t sit well with me. Jarred talked to law enforcement in San Diego and was turned away as well. No matter where we turned, we were turned away.
I searched and searched and often felt defeated. I networked with lots of Private Investigators and had lots of people that helped run her name and birth date in hopes one person would find something. We still couldn’t find anything! I finally found a couple mental health records out of San Diego. They didn’t help much. I also found a record out of Sacramento for an Agreement to Reimburse and Grant of Lien This was dated June 17th, 1985. The address it gave was to a board and care home is Galt, California. This would be where she was staying after she gave birth to Jarred. She was from San Diego but gave birth in Sacramento. We now had a broad search area to start looking throughout California, we had no reason to believe she would leave California. The non identifying birth information that we received from Sacramento County did mention that his father was a truck driver that his mother met in Southern California.

I uploaded Jarred’s raw DNA from Ancestry DNA into GEDmatch with kit #YG8971917. On July 25th, 2019, I emailed the Doe Project in hopes they would give me some insight on how the DNA pulled from the Does would compare to Jarred’s. On August 10th, 2019 I wrote to Mike Case with the Department of Justice. I was asking him about a Doe Case in Sacramento, no response. On Saturday August 10th, 2019 I wrote someone from the Doe Network referring to the same case. I got a response and “Sarah” began to point me in the right direction. She suggested I report Tena missing and reaching out to NamUs. I made an account and tried to get her onto NamUs.
On September 3rd, 2019, I reached out to Sacramento Sheriffs and tried to obtain a booking photo as I heard she was arrested in Sacramento. I received an email back stating that they “do not provide booking photos”. I began to feel like I was never going to find her or even see a picture of her.

February 2021, we were still coming up empty handed. I had it in my mind that she was either a Jane Doe or she was killed and someone disposed of her. I had this crazy idea, if she is a Jane Doe maybe I can write to the Coroner's office and see if they may have an unidentified person that may match Tena’s description. Well, California has 58 counties. I started in Southern California and I set out to write every Coroner's Office in California. I knew I had to get someone's attention. I mentioned in my emails that we had tried to file her missing but it was cancelled. I began receiving emails back with nothing turning up, no one there by her description. On February 25th, 2021, I wrote to Missing Persons at Department of Justice, this is where things finally started to move in the right direction.

On March 2nd, 2021 I received an email from Deputy Paige Kneeland with the Sacramento Sheriff's Department. She mentioned in her emails that she received an email from The California Department of Justice. I talked to her via phone and by March 8th, 2021, she had already updated Tena’s NamUs profile! We met with Deputy Kneeland on March 16th and things started to get moving. She collected Jarred’s DNA reference and pulled Tena’s fingerprint card.(I knew she had been arrested at one time) Paige was also able to get Tena’s fingerprints entered into the FBI’s system. Paige was also able to get Tena's brother's DNA profile from him voluntarily from Avenal State Prison. This woman was making things happen! Our hopes were high, we knew it would take a while for Jarred's DNA profile to be uploaded but remained hopeful that we were on the right path.

July 2021, I was still on the search for a picture of her, just one. Friends and family had nothing. Yearbooks didn't even have anything as she was absent on picture day. NOBODY had a picture of her. I knew he father was remarried when she was a child and that she had a step mother at one point. I reached out to Tena's ex step mother and Jarred and I were on the road again to Southern California. She welcomed us with open arms and told us how sweet of a child Tena was. Then came the horror stories of abuse from her father. We visited for a few hours and began going tubs of pictures. I saw a picture that caught my eye, it was sweet, innocent face with a sweet smile. I held up the picture and asked, "who is this?" The woman replied, "Thats' Tena". She was only 10 years old but we finally had a sweet, innocent face to go with all the horror stories of her childhood. It wasn’t much but we were so happy to finally have a face to go with the name.

August 2021, I finally received the phone call from Paige I had been longing for. (She called me because I had informed her that Jarred was recently in a very bad motorcycle accident and was in a coma. I didn't want her to find something and call his phone.) Paige informed me that Tena had finally been identified as a Jane Doe in Tennessee via fingerprints. Fingerprints that have been on file for over 30 years in Sacramento. Jarred has a brain injury and I had to inform him of the news, I was afraid he wasn't going to process everything correctly. Deputy Kneeland took the time to listen to all of the information I had and not just push me to the side. She reached out and always responded to me even if I sent her the same cases a few times on accident. She is an amazing woman and I appreciate everything she has done for us. Paige has continued to reach out and provide resources for us even after her job is done. She has gone above and beyond and we are forever thankful.

Elaina Herrera

Elaina just told me that Tena is on her way home to them. They just sent her a tracking number.

I'm going to share Elaina's story here because I forget that people without Facebook may not be able to see it. This will also help the general public that may be interested but can't see it either.

Tena Marie's son Jarred has a partner named Elaina that did a lot to find Tena. If it was not for all that she did, Shotgun Jane would not be identified right now because the system failed Tena big time. Elaina deserves a LOT of credit for all that she did.

I feel that Elaina's hard work should be recognized. Advocates do not advocate for Does for credit but it sure feels good when our contribution is recognized, especially when some of us have 5 or 10 years of work trying to help them get home to their loved ones. Families of missing who advocate for their missing loved one should also be recognized.

If Tena's fingerprints were entered into the database, she could have been identified years ago. Shotgun Janes case should have been one of the cases submitted to DNA Doe Project when they first started announcing identifications. It breaks my heart that she was never submitted, especially since it wouldn't cost her LE or ME any money because DDP fund raise.

The last step in Jarred being reunited with his mom was to get Tena's remains cremated. Elaina told me she's sent them the money to have it done, so hopefully it won't be long before they have her. Elaina told me that she received a tracking number, Tena is on her way home.

Below is Elaina's story on how she was able to get Tena matched to our Shotgun Jane. Elaina really kicked *advertiser censored* with all that she did to try to find Tena. If it wasn't for her, the sheriff's office never would have made the connection.

Hopefully sharing Elaina's story will help other families with missing loved ones to do things like DNA with Ancestry DNA and 23 and me, uploading to the free databases My Heritage, FTDNA and GEDmatch. You never know how many teens that ran away or some that were kidnapped may have had kids in captivity that do their DNA with one of the companies to find out their ethnicities.

Families have to advocate for their loved one. Law enforcement do not have time to devote to missing cases, especially old cases.

Thank you Elaina for sticking it out for four years to find Tena. Unfortunately, yours and Jarred's daughter will not know her grandmother, but I'm sure she will appreciate all that her mom did to find her grandmother.

Tena Marie Gattrell DOB 06/18/1960

I began my search for Jarred’s biological parents nearly 4 years ago. I knew he was born in Sacramento County and his birthday. Jarred knew he was adopted but nothing more. I had an amazing search angel that helped me narrow down who his biological mother was through a distant match on his Ancestry DNA. We learned his birth name as well through the California Birth Index. Jarred was born as Troy Lee Gattrell on March 18th, 1985.

It was time to make contact with a family member as we weren't quite sure where the relationship was between said person. Immediately, I was told that his biological mothers name was Tena Marie Gattrell born 06/18/1960. The family knew that she was pregnant and that the baby was given up for adoption. She had 3 surviving brothers. We made a trip to San Diego and met Tena's two brothers and learned a lot about the family. The stories of their childhood began to surface. These weren't happy stories, these were awful stories that I wish we never had to hear. The stories were all from over 30 years ago when she was only a child. We heard she was gorgeous with long black hair and perfect teeth. We headed back home and I had a few more details that I thought might help locate her. A search of her name yielded nothing, how is that possible? I began to think that she may not be the person we thought and maybe we were chasing the wrong person. I heard a story involving a terrible accident in which her little brother was killed when she was 10 years old while they lived in Pleasant Hill, Ca. I went to Pleasant Hill and found a news article on a microfilm from her little brother's obituary that mentioned her name, this is how I knew she existed.

During this time I filed for non identifying birth information from Sacramento County. I already knew who she was but it helped me a bit more. It informed me that she was mentally ill and that she did NOT want to relinquish Jarred for adoption. This was hard to hear knowing that he was taken because she deemed unfit to parent. We stayed in contact with Tena’s brothers and I met the last one at Avenal State Prison. I got a good description from him but no one had a picture that he knew of. They all knew few details about her whereabouts for the last 30 years. They hadn’t seen her in over 30 years! Lots of questions arose. “Did you look for her?” "Why didn't anyone ever report her missing?" We got back home to Sacramento and it was back to the drawing board. We hired private investigators, we joined a ton of Facebook groups, and even tried to report her missing.

On September 9th, 2019, we went to the Sacramento Police Department at Kinney Station and filed a missing persons report. We got a phone call before we even made it home that the missing persons report would be cancelled. Jarred even wrote on the report that he believed his mother was a Jane Doe. I still have no idea why this was cancelled and probably never will. This didn’t sit well with me. Jarred talked to law enforcement in San Diego and was turned away as well. No matter where we turned, we were turned away.
I searched and searched and often felt defeated. I networked with lots of Private Investigators and had lots of people that helped run her name and birth date in hopes one person would find something. We still couldn’t find anything! I finally found a couple mental health records out of San Diego. They didn’t help much. I also found a record out of Sacramento for an Agreement to Reimburse and Grant of Lien This was dated June 17th, 1985. The address it gave was to a board and care home is Galt, California. This would be where she was staying after she gave birth to Jarred. She was from San Diego but gave birth in Sacramento. We now had a broad search area to start looking throughout California, we had no reason to believe she would leave California. The non identifying birth information that we received from Sacramento County did mention that his father was a truck driver that his mother met in Southern California.

I uploaded Jarred’s raw DNA from Ancestry DNA into GEDmatch with kit #YG8971917. On July 25th, 2019, I emailed the Doe Project in hopes they would give me some insight on how the DNA pulled from the Does would compare to Jarred’s. On August 10th, 2019 I wrote to Mike Case with the Department of Justice. I was asking him about a Doe Case in Sacramento, no response. On Saturday August 10th, 2019 I wrote someone from the Doe Network referring to the same case. I got a response and “Sarah” began to point me in the right direction. She suggested I report Tena missing and reaching out to NamUs. I made an account and tried to get her onto NamUs.
On September 3rd, 2019, I reached out to Sacramento Sheriffs and tried to obtain a booking photo as I heard she was arrested in Sacramento. I received an email back stating that they “do not provide booking photos”. I began to feel like I was never going to find her or even see a picture of her.

February 2021, we were still coming up empty handed. I had it in my mind that she was either a Jane Doe or she was killed and someone disposed of her. I had this crazy idea, if she is a Jane Doe maybe I can write to the Coroner's office and see if they may have an unidentified person that may match Tena’s description. Well, California has 58 counties. I started in Southern California and I set out to write every Coroner's Office in California. I knew I had to get someone's attention. I mentioned in my emails that we had tried to file her missing but it was cancelled. I began receiving emails back with nothing turning up, no one there by her description. On February 25th, 2021, I wrote to Missing Persons at Department of Justice, this is where things finally started to move in the right direction.

On March 2nd, 2021 I received an email from Deputy Paige Kneeland with the Sacramento Sheriff's Department. She mentioned in her emails that she received an email from The California Department of Justice. I talked to her via phone and by March 8th, 2021, she had already updated Tena’s NamUs profile! We met with Deputy Kneeland on March 16th and things started to get moving. She collected Jarred’s DNA reference and pulled Tena’s fingerprint card.(I knew she had been arrested at one time) Paige was also able to get Tena’s fingerprints entered into the FBI’s system. Paige was also able to get Tena's brother's DNA profile from him voluntarily from Avenal State Prison. This woman was making things happen! Our hopes were high, we knew it would take a while for Jarred's DNA profile to be uploaded but remained hopeful that we were on the right path.

July 2021, I was still on the search for a picture of her, just one. Friends and family had nothing. Yearbooks didn't even have anything as she was absent on picture day. NOBODY had a picture of her. I knew he father was remarried when she was a child and that she had a step mother at one point. I reached out to Tena's ex step mother and Jarred and I were on the road again to Southern California. She welcomed us with open arms and told us how sweet of a child Tena was. Then came the horror stories of abuse from her father. We visited for a few hours and began going tubs of pictures. I saw a picture that caught my eye, it was sweet, innocent face with a sweet smile. I held up the picture and asked, "who is this?" The woman replied, "Thats' Tena". She was only 10 years old but we finally had a sweet, innocent face to go with all the horror stories of her childhood. It wasn’t much but we were so happy to finally have a face to go with the name.

August 2021, I finally received the phone call from Paige I had been longing for. (She called me because I had informed her that Jarred was recently in a very bad motorcycle accident and was in a coma. I didn't want her to find something and call his phone.) Paige informed me that Tena had finally been identified as a Jane Doe in Tennessee via fingerprints. Fingerprints that have been on file for over 30 years in Sacramento. Jarred has a brain injury and I had to inform him of the news, I was afraid he wasn't going to process everything correctly. Deputy Kneeland took the time to listen to all of the information I had and not just push me to the side. She reached out and always responded to me even if I sent her the same cases a few times on accident. She is an amazing woman and I appreciate everything she has done for us. Paige has continued to reach out and provide resources for us even after her job is done. She has gone above and beyond and we are forever thankful.

Elaina Herrera

Wow. What a story! Thanks for sharing this. I hope Jarred is recovering from his accident well.

Sadly in many cases law enforcement has turned into a good old boys club. They seldom want or accept help or suggestions from the outside. Often they are downright hostile. As for Knox County some of you may remember I even offered to pay for the DNA Doe process. I found Knox County hostile toward my interference. DNA Doe even told me they didn't have time (responses posted in this forum). Tena was let down by everyone from an early age. She was let down by police after she was killed. Thankfully, she had Elaina in her corner. I have mixed feelings. having occupied my life for many years I will miss the case. But, finally our girl has a family that finally cares about her.

Jarred and Elaina received Tena's cremains last week, so she is home. They had to come up with $1,200 for the cremation. Its appalling that Knox didn't pay for it. Thankfully her bones were in a box on a shelf and not buried or it would have been expensive to exhume her, then cremate.

Wow. What a story! Thanks for sharing this. I hope Jarred is recovering from his accident well.

Elaina wanted to be sure that anyone could read her story, which I don't think they can if it's only on Facebook. She hopes it inspires other families of the missing to advocate for their loved ones.

Sadly in many cases law enforcement has turned into a good old boys club. They seldom want or accept help or suggestions from the outside. Often they are downright hostile. As for Knox County some of you may remember I even offered to pay for the DNA Doe process. I found Knox County hostile toward my interference. DNA Doe even told me they didn't have time (responses posted in this forum). Tena was let down by everyone from an early age. She was let down by police after she was killed. Thankfully, she had Elaina in her corner. I have mixed feelings. having occupied my life for many years I will miss the case. But, finally our girl has a family that finally cares about her.

I share your frustration.

Way back when we went to the Facebook group to see what we could dig up, I also made the Shotgun Facebook page.

Too bad you didn't see it back then. NamUs had a lot of decent photos that I posted to the page. It looked impressive.

Back then, there weren't many cases on Facebook except for a few of us that made pages.

I got a message from a lady at Doenet who complimented me on the page, how great it looked with the photos and narratives on each picture. She then started trying to get my name. I refused to tell her because something felt off about her message.

Next, as we went on NamUs checking rule outs after getting an email her case was updated, we notice almost all of Shotguns photos were removed which I'm sure everyone can figure out it was because I used them on the page.

Next, I got a message from Amy who wasn't at NamUs yet. She tried to order me to delete the page, something about I'm not allowed to do that.

I made sure everything on the page reflected what's public, so I deleted a lot of the pics. The people helping me on the page left because they didn't want trouble. The custom cover picture I had that a friend made for the page also got removed because she didn't want it traced to her.

I never answered Amy. I realized that the lady from Doenet tried to get my info for Amy. Amy knew it was me because of one member here who ratted me out because Amy told her to tell me to delete the page, I refused. I was glad when she left the FB group.

I was nervous the first time I had to email Amy for Shotguns case at NamUs because my email is roselvr Gmail. Surprisingly, she never said anything to me about Shotguns page.

Still Seek Answers and myself made Never Forget Me on Facebook where we could focus on older MP and UP cases. Of course Shotgun was one of the first albums and narratives added. We get pretty many people messaging that their loved one is missing. Unfortunately none were her.

I had one message on shotguns page that was promising, their story was similar to Tena's son's but he wasn't adopted out. He was raised by his grandmother. It was the wife answering me.. I told them about NamUs but I don't think they ever added her. It was heart breaking when they stopped answering me.

It really is a miracle that Shotgun was identified. Everyone here did all they could do with going through missing cases plus trying to look up various missing girls/ young women in old newspapers plus my Facebook pages. I knew she was not listed as missing and that it would take finding a missing girl.

I can't tell you how happy I was when you joined and did all that you did as a local. You had access to things I did not.

It was heartbreaking when Knox wouldn't respond to you about doing DNA for genealogy. If I was local, I'd feel like visiting them to knock some sense into them.

So what case will you take on? I'm not sure if Little Lulu still comes here but she's posting with us on the one Elaina said check your messages. Her initials are MC. She's also in TN, she may be able to suggest a case.

Wow @Roselvr the Wired journalist would write up the Mostly Harmless case should do a series on these kinds of missteps

I'm not familiar with Wired magazine. I'm sure Elaina would be happy to give an interview if you want to reach out to them.

I'm going to reach out to press in TN but haven't gotten that far. Been a crazy busy few weeks for me.

I'm probably overreacting - fingerprints don't lie. Maybe they are keeping the profile up to acknowledge the identification? That doesn't happen at all but I guess that could be a plausible scenario.

Although finally identified, has her murderer been identified? Or is the case unsolved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53
Back