TN TN - Lauren Agee, 21, Smithville, 26 July 2015

Any news on this? I have really connected with this case.
Look for a podcast called Without Warning by Sheila Wysocki, and there’s an excellent podcast episode about this case on Southern Fried True Crime.

Look for a podcast called Without Warning by Sheila Wysocki, and there’s an excellent podcast episode about this case on Southern Fried True Crime.
Dang.. that’s how I became connected was that podcast. I just hope they arrest those guys!

I don't know about this one I have seen several of the 20/20 documentaries and I don't think there is any motive at all here. She could of just gotten up in the night to use the restroom or something and tripped and hit her head but who knows.

This media article is old news, but there doesn't seem to be much new going on.

Lauren Agee wrongful death lawsuit dropped, but family's search for truth far from over

posted September 28th 2018

"Lauren Agee wrongful death lawsuit dropped, but family's search for truth far from over

"The family of Lauren Agee, a young woman who died during Wakefest 2015, is dropping a wrongful death lawsuit, but their fight for truth is far from over.

FOX 17 News has learned Sheri Smith dropped the wrongful death lawsuit so a true crime podcast regarding Lauren's case may continue.

A judge put a gag order on the civil lawsuit, meaning that Lauren's family would risk being thrown in jail if the podcast continued."

Last edited:
MTV just aired (7/14/21) an episode of “True Life Crime” on Lauren Agee’s death, called “Cliffside Accident or Campside Killing?”

It’s the first I’ve heard of the Agee case and found it quite compelling. At the end they ask people to contact the Governor requesting the case be re-opened. Hopeful the show would make a difference, I Googled for any recent updates in the press. Nothing new, and it was disheartening to see how much press coverage the case had already received years ago and the many efforts made to get the case reopened. Unfortunately it probably means nothing will come of the MTV show either.

I’m furious for Lauren’s family and boyfriend. Also the friend who used to date and had been beaten by one of LA’s camping companions— an attack which left injuries very similar to Lauren’s.

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a case like this. It’s the combination of factors that make it so unique, and an absolute travesty IMO. To my knowledge, very few cases have:
— such a poor investigation, or lack of one IMO
— with so many experts agreeing it was foul play
— and so much evidence released publicly that clearly points to foul play.
— not to mention coverage by multiple national tv shows and tenacious efforts by the family to reopen the case
— BUT STILL DeKalb County TN Law Enforcement absolutely refuses to reopen the case.

I’m genuinely sick to my stomach that they have successfully managed to avoid reopening the case, not have they been made to address the criticism. I’m generally a super-strong supporter of the police but believe in those rare cases investigations are botched, LE should be made accountable. This is one of of those cases!

I truly hope the case is reopened so that Lauren’s family can get justice for Lauren.

as an aside:
While I was looking for updates, I came up w/this “new” witness statement which is actually several years old. I didn’t see it discussed here so I thought I’d post it for anyone who still may be interested and following this thread.

upload_2021-7-15_12-22-51.jpeg

upload_2021-7-15_12-21-43.jpeg

upload_2021-7-15_12-20-55.jpeg

Last edited:
Have listened to all of Wisocki's podcasts. She has clearly made the point that the law enforcement agency looking into the death was sadly and woefully unqualified to partake in such an investigation and did no investigating whatsoever, simply accepting that it was probably an accident. MY QUESTION is, Lauren said she was going to return on Saturday, to attend a party her boyfriend was holding. But she didn't, she went out drinking. She later expressed interest in going home around 3 in the morning or so, but she was drunk and the party was surely over. Why didn't she go home that after noon or evening?
I got the impression it was 3:00 pm in the afternoon Saturday when she asked to join her friend on her way home then decided to stay.

MTV just aired (7/14/21) an episode of “True Life Crime” on Lauren Agee’s death, called “Cliffside Accident or Campside Killing?”

It’s the first I’ve heard of the Agee case and found it quite compelling. At the end they ask people to contact the Governor requesting the case be re-opened. Hopeful the show would make a difference, I Googled for any recent updates in the press. Nothing new, and it was disheartening to see how much press coverage the case had already received years ago and the many efforts made to get the case reopened. Unfortunately it probably means nothing will come of the MTV show either.

I’m furious for Lauren’s family and boyfriend. Also the friend who used to date and had been beaten by one of LA’s camping companions— an attack which left injuries very similar to Lauren’s.

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a case like this. It’s the combination of factors that make it so unique, and an absolute travesty IMO. To my knowledge, very few cases have:
— such a poor investigation, or lack of one IMO
— with so many experts agreeing it was foul play
— and so much evidence released publicly that clearly points to foul play.
— not to mention coverage by multiple national tv shows and tenacious efforts by the family to reopen the case
— BUT STILL DeKalb County TN Law Enforcement absolutely refuses to reopen the case.

I’m genuinely sick to my stomach that they have successfully managed to avoid reopening the case, not have they been made to address the criticism. I’m generally a super-strong supporter of the police but believe in those rare cases investigations are botched, LE should be made accountable. This is one of of those cases!

I truly hope the case is reopened so that Lauren’s family can get justice for Lauren.

as an aside:
While I was looking for updates, I came up w/this “new” witness statement which is actually several years old. I didn’t see it discussed here so I thought I’d post it for anyone who still may be interested and following this thread.

View attachment 304804

View attachment 304803

View attachment 304802
I've followed this case with intense borderline obsession,
I got the impression it was 3:00 pm in the afternoon Saturday when she asked to join her friend on her way home then decided to stay.

I’ve followed this case rather intensely due to it being one close to home and having met Lauren at one time. I've not seen this information provided thus far on this sight; if it has, my apologies. The Medical Examiner Dr. Thomas DEERING (I am not certain he did the first examination or autopsy, but saying she could not have had sex or been raped because she was wearing a tampon sets my skin a flame and is where much of my irritation with this case lies. It was said by Sheriff Ray that once at DeKalb County Hospital Lauren was photographed and the infamous square/triangle is not visible and I've not found any thing to corroborate this, has anyone else?
https://www.tncourts.gov/sites/default/files/smith.sherry.opn_.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back