Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be confusing the day before. Thanks I hope she comes back today will keep you in my prayers

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I am confused by this as well. So much information to weed through I may have mixed it up. But I was under the impression that she was reported missing around noon-ish on Monday. Which we discussed as being odd since the sister was told 6pm. I remember a few threads back discussing what made her not wait until 6pm. Maybe the initial news story we read was incorrect.

Thank you Kat for clearing that up.

I am so beyond frustrated. I just do NOT understand why this Amber Alert wasn't issued nationally the instant there was evidence of them being in Decatur. All that wasted time. They could be anywhere by now. I don't even have a clue where to start sleuthing. :banghead:

I understand your frustration, but is no such thing as a national Amber Alert. Each state has its own criteria for issuing an alert.

After it was discovered she may have been in Decatur, Alabama did issue one. So Elizabeth currently has Amber Alerts in TN and AL.

The good news is Elizabeth's disappearance has made national headlines. So although there may not be an Amber Alert across the nation, at least the national media outlets have been reporting on it.

Hopefully all the media attention will help to bring Elizabeth home safely.

What we know:

ET took with her: A make-up bag, hair products, straightener, toothbrush, change of clothes and a bathing suit

ET has only been out of Tennessee once to go to an Amusement park and is not an avid camper

TC's wife was the first one to report a missing person (within a few hours of TC leaving)

I am confused by this as well. So much information to weed through I may have mixed it up. But I was under the impression that she was reported missing around noon-ish on Monday. Which we discussed as being odd since the sister was told 6pm. I remember a few threads back discussing what made her not wait until 6pm. Maybe the initial news story we read was incorrect.

Thank you Kat for clearing that up.
I got the alert Monday and here's the timeline according to LE
http://www.wsmv.com/story/34847280/amber-alert-search-continues-for-missing-teen-teacher-from-tn

( Sent from WSMV )

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I cannot elaborate because FBI didn't clear us for that info yet

Fair enough. Another question - it's been mentioned she took 2 bags with her and left one at the Shoney's. Can you answer if that's accurate, and if yes, what was in the second bag she left there?

I haven't seen anyone (here) say he used IG to communicate with his wife. I have mentioned myself though that on the outside looking in, with no reason to suspect him of anything, folks would likely assume a married man posting lovey dovey memes was posting them about her. Even if she doesn't have IG herself, she can still see them just as we can. Which to me, is even more heartbreaking.

Yes that's kind of what I thought too. :( I guess his IG was served a dual purpose then, to communicate to ET and mislead his wife.

I haven't seen anyone (here) say he used IG to communicate with his wife. I have mentioned myself though that on the outside looking in, with no reason to suspect him of anything, folks would likely assume a married man posting lovey dovey memes was posting them about her. Even if she doesn't have IG herself, she can still see them just as we can. Which to me, is even more heartbreaking.

I can't imagine the pain she's in. I was thinking about this. She's really in a bad situation. I don't know how Tn works but in SC she would not be able to sell anything that both of them own. So she's really stuck until this is resolved.

Fair enough. Another question - it's been mentioned she took 2 bags with her and left one at the Shoney's. Can you answer if that's accurate, and if yes, what was in the second bag she left there?

It was the grocery sack with clothes as far as we were told. They also came back and picked up the bag after shoneys set the bag outside

I personally don't believe they've left the country.
I've traveled with minors before and it's not that easy as people think. I don't think they boarded a plane, if they did then TBI would've known by now.

Some have mentioned him taking her to Mexico. That also would not be easy unless they where staying in a tourist area. They would look very out of place in any residential​areas.

It was the grocery sack with clothes as far as we were told. They also came back and picked up the bag after shoneys set the bag outside

That just seems so weird to me. That they'd set the bag outside instead of someplace like a manager's office or some place safe for the owner to return and collect it.

The media has the timeline messed up. I was there when she was reported missing at 7:30 PM CST on Monday evening. We are working on getting the media to correct their timeline.

12:41pm to 7:30pm is a HUGE time difference from when they were reported missing.

He could have been driving undetected for approx 11 hours!

This just makes finding them all the more difficult. 😕

I'm trying to check my phone to see the time I got the AA. I've got an Iphone and all it gives me is that it was 11 days ago, but it doesn't give me a time.

That just seems so weird to me. That they'd set the bag outside instead of someplace like a manager's office or some place safe for the owner to return and collect it.

Correct. LE and family didn't understand this either. Shoneys hasn't been cooperative

Welcome MCElizabethsSISTER. I know this must be so difficult for you and your family so I am so glad you are willing to answer all of the questions that you can. There are some brilliant minds on this site and hopefully one of those answers will be just what one of them needs to figure out where they are. In the meantime, we will continue to pray for her safe return.

I was wondering, did she take her phone charger with her?

People have mentioned that TC used his Instagram to communicate with ET and his wife. And others were assuming that the love posts were directed to his wife. I have not seen any mention that his wife had an instagram. I guess she wouldn't need an actual account to see the postings. It just seems odd that we don't see any reference to her having one or evidence of her posting to TC.

If it existed, we would not be able to post or discuss as is against TOS as she is not the victim or the perp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner