Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much think the concern is that well meaning friends are helping him, I came to that conclusion last night.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Possibly! Maybe park the Nissan in the garage and let him drive a different vehicle. Say ET tells of all this horrible abuse and people think he is "saving her". so they help hide them out. I ran away as a teen and people let me stay with them all the time.

From what I have read it seems that that school, and administration have SERIOUSLY lax rules and regulations. Boundary issues. Sounds like it was just a free-for-all place for unaccredited adults and unsupervised children to hang out together. JMO

It truly angers me the way the school handled this situation.
Punishing her was not the answer here.
I'd love to see what help they offered her besides just seeing the school counselor.

ITA. The school did deflect and put a lot of onus on the 15 year old rather than on the 50 year old perv. Pretty effed up. And now, they are gone with the wind. If I was in the school board or district or whatever, I would be peeing my pants right now. Heads must roll on this.

Sending love and good vibes to the families of the victim and the predator. I keep thinking about ET's dad and TC's wife. What a messed up situation they found themselves in, all because some a-hole could not act like an adult.
They also were pretty flippant with the girl that reported the kiss. She was very credible, she even went to TC first and confronted him and asked him what the relationship was. She wasn't buying any of his stories and wrote down his answers and reported him. She had also been very close with TC and felt they were friends, spent a lot of time in his room. It wasn't even some kid that didn't like him.

They really basically told her their hands were washed from it after she talked to several and she would ask them about it.

Then after they disappeared, one kid sent her a text blaming her for them disappearing. Basically they ran because she reported TC.

Brainstorming here. WHERE is the Nissan??? Has anyone heard of "boondocking"? Maybe a possibility. In searching how to "hide" and camp cheap...I found this. If anyone is close to any of them, go take a drive.https://freecampsites.net/blm-ltvas/

Yep. Boon docking, dispersed camping, etc. Most serious campers/hikers know all the tricks. What I haven't been able to figure out is whether or not TC has any actual experience in this sort of thing. Like I said before, reading about wilderness camping/ survival is NOT the same as actually doing it. I've had 20 years of hands-on experience, and believe me, it's still a challenge.

Possibly! Maybe park the Nissan in the garage and let him drive a different vehicle. Say ET tells of all this horrible abuse and people think he is "saving her". so they help hide them out. I ran away as a teen and people let me stay with them all the time.
I think that is probably what TC has done. When the kiss came up he talked about how they both had had bad situations, like he understood. Also I've seen people that think she was running from her abusive mother might wouldn't be surprised if people either don't know the facts of her having to stay away or TC has said he has inside info and the dad was just as bad or something.

That is a pretty bold statement to be publishing.

For clarity, you may be referring to a TN law that provides a process for a minor to petition the court to be emancipated from their parents in special circumstances.

That is a long long way from a TN law that allows a 13 year old to legally run away with an adult, as you suggested.

Then again, this law may not be what someone said.

Te above is my opinion only.

"Our kidnapping statute says in essence through it's silence on that issue. It's saying that you can be between 13 and 18 and you can legally make the mature decision to leave your family and run off with a person never to be seen again."

http://whnt.com/2017/03/26/tennessee-law-could-protect-suspected-kidnapper-of-elizabeth-thomas/

And it has to be said, IF IF IF ET is complacent and WANTS to be with him, they will be harder to find. Do i think she will get tired of it, absolutely. But i'm questioning the stories of her backing out and having doubts. Its like playing telephone, people hear things different ways. For now, for a clear and direct statement, i'm going only by what ET and TC have directly written/said. That leans toward her wanting to go. From her IG she seems like she's a pretty strong willed person. Not saying she wasn't depressed, lonely, etc, but that she came off as 'tougher' on the exterior. Which is a protective device for a hurt little girl. We do NOT know the entirety of her family life. We know bits and pieces, nothing is going to be said outright with a court case against mom coming up soon. Even though she was living with dad, not all was peaches and cream there......from what she posted. So she was looking for an escape and got caught up in a fantasy world. VERY easy to do at 15, and at all ages, really, when you are depressed and 'hating life'. So lets look at it from HER view. What would keep her from asking for help wherever she is? What would encourage her to break and tell someone to be brought home? What if she DOESN"T want to come home... maybe because of the mom's trial coming up? She needs other options. She needs to KNOW their are other options than just 1. Being with her 'beast' who is saving her, or 2. going back home where she was unhappy.

Well ET's sister has confirmed that there was some doubts and concerns.

Well I was hoping the presser was going to have some good info.

I missed most of it. Did anyone say anything about making the AA for all states or why they weren't doing that?

It is my understanding that it is a national Amber Alert. It is on the National Amber Alert page and the FBI are involved.

And it has to be said, IF IF IF ET is complacent and WANTS to be with him, they will be harder to find. Do i think she will get tired of it, absolutely. But i'm questioning the stories of her backing out and having doubts. Its like playing telephone, people hear things different ways. For now, for a clear and direct statement, i'm going only by what ET and TC have directly written/said. That leans toward her wanting to go. From her IG she seems like she's a pretty strong willed person. Not saying she wasn't depressed, lonely, etc, but that she came off as 'tougher' on the exterior. Which is a protective device for a hurt little girl. We do NOT know the entirety of her family life. We know bits and pieces, nothing is going to be said outright with a court case against mom coming up soon. Even though she was living with dad, not all was peaches and cream there......from what she posted. So she was looking for an escape and got caught up in a fantasy world. VERY easy to do at 15, and at all ages, really, when you are depressed and 'hating life'. So lets look at it from HER view. What would keep her from asking for help wherever she is? What would encourage her to break and tell someone to be brought home? What if she DOESN"T want to come home... maybe because of the mom's trial coming up? She needs other options. She needs to KNOW their are other options than just 1. Being with her 'beast' who is saving her, or 2. going back home where she was unhappy.

YES. We all know this is a crime, a kidnapping, etc., etc., etc. But, in her 15 year old mind, ET wanted to believe (or believes) that TC is her savior, her lover [puke], and whatnot ----which will make finding them even harder. Nothing stronger than "it's us against the world, honey bunny".

Ok, i'll put myself in the hotseat for this one.... because i feel like it may be the only way to find ET. People who 'support' TC will not post on here for getting jumped on by everyone... so we won't get their point of view or reasoning. So i'm going to play devils advocate here and play both sides of the fence. I FULLY believe that since this case is basically stalled, it needs to be looked at from different angles. So we have some bright minds on here.... lets do it. No snarkiness or nastiness needed. Lets look at us as a THINKTANK where all ideas thrown out, as wild as they may be, can be talked about civilly .

So lets start at the beginning: TC's intention: TC has been grooming ET (or possibly others) for his pleasure/attention/sex..... to what end?
Do you think he went into this knowing he'd have to run? or did he get too cocky and get caught that forced his hand?
Is he the type that could have kept it 'secret' forever and just had a secret life going on for years... and planned on staying married and continuing his side perversions?

:yeahthat:

:silenced:

My mind keeps going to the underlying motive and outcome of the Erin Corwin and Heather Elvis cases :kickcan:

:sigh:

But it didn't seem appropriate as to timing yet to discuss on threads. Perhaps it is now... not sure if folks wanna go there.

"Let me be clear.. .this is NOT a romance... this is a case of kidnapping". BRAVO!

So glad they made that statement. It should be unnecessary.

Paraphrasing from press conference: Still do not intend to disclose details of draft emails. Grooming is what was going on. This is NOT a romance, nothing pretty about this. A crime. A serious crime. Any viewers who know anyone who lives in Mexico, Central America, south of border, go on TBI page and share amber alert. Need people there to know about this bc it's possible that's where they are. Had a 24 hour head start; easily enough time to make it to Mexico. Possible he's playing role of missionary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. A lot of people on here proposed that same scenario - south of the border pretending to be missionaries!

If TC decided to go West it will be a while before they're found....it's like they are not even considering that to be a possibility.

Why? Why would it be harder to find them out west? We have tv's, gas stations, motels, stores, etc and unless they have weeks of supplies and gas, they will need to stop somewhere where someone can notice them.

Oh no, what we were talking about was beyond "going willingly". I think most people understand that a child can decide to go willingly but they are a victim and the adult is wrong.

One of the big problems though, TN has that crazy law that says a child as young as 13 I believe, can decide to leave with and adult if they don't want to live at home anymore. That is just nuts.

What law? I've never heard of any such law in the US.

I feel like they have read this board and, then, had a press conference. We have known, probably since the 2nd day, that they had ET's height wrong. Now, they are also picking up on the previously posted Central America data. I'm sorry, but I still have a low opinion of TN TBI after poor Holly Bobo.
I don't think they have time to read us (often) going over the same things in threads.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Well ET's sister has confirmed that there was some doubts and concerns.

This is true - but again, I can try to exculpate/absolve/interpret my little sister all I can. Now tell me this: if the sister KNEW this crap was going on, why did she not tell someone immediately? Why wait until ET was gone? I find it all so confusing. I feel horrible for the sister as well.

Hey I'm new to ws! I've been following this from the beginning yet I've never figured out how do I reply to someone else's comments? How do i show what comment im replying to?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I really think he had the tracking disabled. He search out how it could be tracked. He could have easily taken it somewhere to have it disabled if he couldn't do it. There is nothing illegal about having the tracking on a car you own, disabled.

Do we know who the legal owner is of the Nissan?

If it's just him, wouldn't he be the only one who could report it stolen to activate the tracking?

If it's just his wife, she could report it stolen but we don't know if she'd be willing to do that. I do believe it would add theft to his list of charges.

If they own it jointly, she'd still have to report it stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:yeahthat:

:silenced:

My mind keeps going to the underlying motive and outcome of the Erin Corwin and Heather Elvis cases :kickcan:

:sigh:

But it didn't seem appropriate as to timing yet to discuss on threads. Perhaps it is now... not sure if folks wanna go there.

Oh man... I hope you are wrong. I don't think they had -I cant even write this without squirming- been sexually intimate. I think the main reason ET was looking up teenage marriage is to assure herself that if they were married then sex was ok (we know it's not). Son, my theory is that she would not "consent" to sex until they were, somehow, "married".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz