Found Deceased TN - Mary Ruth Walker, 69, Maryville, 1 May 2017 *ARREST*

I just heard Ruth had been shot sat an the porch then hid under trailer then taken out to try an dissolve body with chemicals

Exactly what I've heard. Except being hid under the trailer. I was wondering where she kept her for the first little bit. I wish I had linked it when it was said. Because I'm not sure which article it was commented on... but from what was said Karen reported MRW house had a busted window. And that there was a handgun belonging to MRW late husband that was missing. This was right after she went missing. And I believe Karen was quickly covering her tracks and that possibly its the weapons she used. I've been hearing since MRW went missing that Karen was seen shooting a weapon off of her porch. I'm assuming the back porch? It was neighbors that saw her. I was thinking the only reason she was all of a sudden doing this was to throw people off and make it seem normal. So if they heard the gunshot that killed her that they wouldn't have found it out of place. The reason for MRW visit that day was to collect rent from Karen. That was said by the last neighbor that saw her alive.

As much as my mother and I disagree on matters, I cant imagine ever hurting her, let alone killing her and disposing of her body. I just cant wrap my mind around this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

As much as my mother and I disagree on matters, I cant imagine ever hurting her, let alone killing her and disposing of her body. I just cant wrap my mind around this.

From what I have read, the daughter is a drug addict. Ironically, her mother is probably the one who kept her out of prison for so long. Being a mother, I am sure she had her daughter's best interests at heart. Her mother allowed her to live on her property, so she had a roof over her head. But she didn't allow her to do whatever the hell she wanted, whenever she wanted to do it (at least not all of the time). A drug addict should not have had access to a weapon. She was shooting off the gun from her porch, I think I read. WTH! Someone should have called the sheriff and had the crazy woman locked up. But, the neighbors wanted to maintain an amicable relationship with the mother. God knows the neighbors did not want to further escalate an already contentious relationship between the mother an daughter! The mother's "crime" was attempting to place restrictions on and make demands of her daughter. These thwarted attempts to control her, did not sit well with the daughter, I am sure, and were the source of constant conflict with her mother.

Had she not had her mother, she most likely would have succumbed to her own devices a heck of a lot sooner.

(All of the above is MOO!)

From what I have read, the daughter is a drug addict. Ironically, her mother is probably the one who kept her out of prison for so long. Being a mother, I am sure she had her daughter's best interests at heart. Her mother allowed her to live on her property, so she had a roof over her head. But she didn't allow her to do whatever the hell she wanted, whenever she wanted to do it (at least not all of the time). A drug addict should not have had access to a weapon. She was shooting off the gun from her porch, I think I read. WTH! Someone should have called the sheriff and had the crazy woman locked up. But, the neighbors wanted to maintain an amicable relationship with the mother. God knows the neighbors did not want to further escalate an already contentious relationship between the mother an daughter! The mother's "crime" was attempting to place restrictions on and make demands of her daughter. These thwarted attempts to control her, did not sit well with the daughter, I am sure, and were the source of constant conflict with her mother.

Had she not had her mother, she most likely would have succumbed to her own devices a heck of a lot sooner.

(All of the above is MOO!)

She has been a drug addict for many years. Coming in and out of MRW life. But yes, the reason MRW is now deceased is her overprotectivness of her daughter. She should've cut ties long ago. To my knowledge she was never seen out shooting off of the porch until MRW went missing. Which to me is a red flag. I had been told by family that she was a felon, which prevented her from being able to legally obtain a weapon. But I've researched and not found any truth to that. So I'm not sure if that's true or not. But I just know that Karen's dads weapon had been reported stolen AFTER MRW was reported missing. So I'm not sure why they also claimed nothing was taken from the house, when indeed it had a busted window and a ONE weapon taken. I feel that our police force just didn't know how to handle a case of this caliber. As this is the only time we've had a missing person that wasn't just a runaway. Other than a male that went missing 8 years ago that was never found. This town doesn't see cases like this. Any murders we have are mainly just murder/suicides. I feel lack of training was the cause of this not being solved sooner. Because even family and neighbors knew what had most likely happened as soon as she went missing. I'm not bashing the cops in anyway, I just feel they didn't know how to go about this. It was when tbi took over that they found MRW.

I was wondering why, with her daughter living in such a close proximity to her residence, that it took a month for them to find her body right in the daughter's yard. I would think that a thorough search would have located her body on the day she was reported missing...
She has been a drug addict for many years. Coming in and out of MRW life. But yes, the reason MRW is now deceased is her overprotectivness of her daughter. She should've cut ties long ago. To my knowledge she was never seen out shooting off of the porch until MRW went missing. Which to me is a red flag. I had been told by family that she was a felon, which prevented her from being able to legally obtain a weapon. But I've researched and not found any truth to that. So I'm not sure if that's true or not. But I just know that Karen's dads weapon had been reported stolen AFTER MRW was reported missing. So I'm not sure why they also claimed nothing was taken from the house, when indeed it had a busted window and a ONE weapon taken. I feel that our police force just didn't know how to handle a case of this caliber. As this is the only time we've had a missing person that wasn't just a runaway. Other than a male that went missing 8 years ago that was never found. This town doesn't see cases like this. Any murders we have are mainly just murder/suicides. I feel lack of training was the cause of this not being solved sooner. Because even family and neighbors knew what had most likely happened as soon as she went missing. I'm not bashing the cops in anyway, I just feel they didn't know how to go about this. It was when tbi took over that they found MRW.

I was wondering why, with her daughter living in such a close proximity to her residence, that it took a month for them to find her body right in the daughter's yard. I would think that a thorough search would have located her body on the day she was reported missing...

Not sure of truth, but have heard the body was moved.

Apparently my brain wasnt functioning yesterday because the rather simple idea that the body could have been moved never occurred to me. Lol! But now that you mention it, I do seem to recall hearing speculation about Mary Ruth's body being under the daughter's trailer at some point.
Not sure of truth, but have heard the body was moved.

Woman pleads guilty to murdering mother, abusing her corpse
Under a plea agreement, Karen Sue Walker Headrick, 48, was sentenced to 15 years in prison on a second-degree murder charge and an additional two years for abuse of a corpse.

"You will serve 100 percent of this sentence," Blount County Circuit Court Judge Tammy Harrington said in referring to the 15 years.

Blount County Sheriff's Office deputies saw Headrick and her husband in the back yard of their Butterfly Gap Loop home on June 2 with shovels. A detective testified during the October hearing the couple said they were cleaning up grease that had spilled and become rancid.

A couple hours later, Headrick went to Walmart and bought nearly six gallons of bleach and 1.5 gallons of lighter fluid, police learned later.

The husband was not charged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back