TN TN - Matthew Tyler Henry, 29, Dunlap, 15 Apr 2018

According to the “Justice for Matt Henry” facebook page, they are organizing volunteers for a search on November 14th.

I wonder how long it will be before we know whose body was found near the coal mine?

I’m a little confused. Not sure if I missed something or where the discrepancy error lies but on NAMUS and here the last known siting of him was April 2018. However I noticed in the article regarding skeletal remains near the coal mine, it states he’s been missing since 2016.

“Those missing men include 31-year-old Wesley Ridge, who went missing in Marion County in March 2016, 29-year-old Matthew Tyler Henry, reported missing in Sequatchie County in April 2016, and 25-year-old Mackenzie Cory Kuehner, who was last seen camping in the Monteagle, Tennessee, area in November 2016; and another man, 54-year-old Roger Tant, who went missing in the South Pittsburg Mountain area of Marion County in 2012.”

I’m guessing the 2018 is accurate and the 2016 is a typo? Anyone else know If this is correct? Thank you in advance. BBM

It is definitely 2018... 2016 must be a typo.

I’m a little confused. Not sure if I missed something or where the discrepancy error lies but on NAMUS and here the last known siting of him was April 2018. However I noticed in the article regarding skeletal remains near the coal mine, it states he’s been missing since 2016.

“Those missing men include 31-year-old Wesley Ridge, who went missing in Marion County in March 2016, 29-year-old Matthew Tyler Henry, reported missing in Sequatchie County in April 2016, and 25-year-old Mackenzie Cory Kuehner, who was last seen camping in the Monteagle, Tennessee, area in November 2016; and another man, 54-year-old Roger Tant, who went missing in the South Pittsburg Mountain area of Marion County in 2012.”

I’m guessing the 2018 is accurate and the 2016 is a typo? Anyone else know If this is correct? Thank you in advance. BBM

"He was last seen in the Tractor Supply parking lot getting out of his vehicle and getting into another vehicle," Phillips said. "We've identified that vehicle and that person. He has interviewed a couple of times but he hasn't disclosed anything."

That man is among several persons of interest in Henry's case, Phillips said. Since 2018, more than 200 people have been formally interviewed, some more than once.

Phillips said there have been several searches for signs of Henry conducted over the past two years based on tips, including an extensive search of the Sequatchie River and Nickajack Lake in Marion County.

The family has put up a $3,500 reward for information in the case.

"We are so thankful that the city has agreed to contract Bill Phillips," Beverly Barker Henry said Wednesday. "We are hoping that with the added help and his experience with homicide cases, these cases will be solved and justice will be given to our families."

"You can never move on after the death of your child, but hopefully we can move forward and find peace, and eventually, show forgiveness," Henry said.
Dunlap police hire help in 2018 missing persons cases as authorities say there are persons of interest

MATTHEW TYLER HENRY — FBI

HENRY
April 15, 2018
Dunlap, Tennessee

preview

Henry’s parents, Beverly and Mark, haven’t heard from him in over five years, and the two are raising his now 7-year-old son.

The Sequatchie County Sheriff’s Office, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, and Federal Bureau of Investigation announced during a press conference on Thursday that the agencies will assist Dunlap Police on the task force. Some of the agents have experience in Henry’s case, but they have welcomed others as a fresh set of eyes.

Sequatchie County Sheriff, Bill Phillips, was contracted to work the case a few years ago. Phillips was a retired Chattanooga Police Officer for decades and worked as a homicide detective. Sheriff Phillips says he knew he wanted to create a task force group in his new position.

“It’s past time for justice for the family, for the community, and most importantly, for Matt,” Sheriff Phillips says.

Sheriff Phillips says this is a missing person case, but says they are investigating it as a homicide. He says they do not have the evidence to qualify for a homicide case.

1682851458172.jpeg
"This case has been considered a homicide for a long time," Sheriff Phillips said. "Technically, it has to remain a missing person because we don't have the things that technically would allow you to close it out as a homicide. This case, as far as day one that I started on this case, in my mind, we were working a homicide case."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back