TN TN - Nashville, Sulphur Creek Rd, Blk/Hisp Fem 15-25, UP52531, Vandy clothes, Sep'18

This UID could be a victim of human/sex trafficking...Nashville and Tennessee in general has a problem with it... Sometimes they move them around to different states...Several sex trafficking rings were raided...

ARTICLE

I was reading how some of the sex trafficking rings left home voluntarily... They are tricked into leaving and then they get trapped...

I agree with you! It's a sad situation for vulnerable folks, that's for sure.

Have the PD considered contacting the university? Even just to verify the year the clothing was manufactured ( the design of the leggings are not for sale as of recently) to possibly see where she got her clothing from/ possibly what years she was or still is affiliated with the university and/or its students.

;) I would hope they at least contacted Campus Police for possible missing students or criminals.

Does anyone know the law in TN regarding sex offenders attending state or private colleges? It'd be interesting how many reg. sex offenders live on and near campus. :)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundSeptember 8, 2018
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 28, 2018
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
General Location--Nashville, Tennessee 37218
CountyDavidson County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryOn 09/08/2018, an unidentified female was found in advanced stages of decomposition alongside Sulphur Creek Road in Nashville. A 911 call was placed and Metro Nashville Police Department responded to the scene.

Clothing
Black or dark colored, half-zip sweatshirt with "Vandy" logo on left breast; Black and white patterned Vanderbilt University athletic pants
On the Body

I've been looking periodically on Twitter to see if anyone is looking for this girl, but haven't found anything.

I wish there was more info. Ok, you can't determine her weight, but the clothing has to have a tag. Was she wearing size 6 or size 10?

They know she has black hair, but is it curly, straight, what is it?

She's completely decked out in Vanderbilt Uni gear, but no student is reported missing? Are there any former students missing? Is it popular for non-students to wear uni gear?

I know this is an old post but I am really interested in this case and how such a young girl be found deceased and no one has claimed her. I have found a website where they sell those yoga pants and a wide range of clothing with the Vanderbilt logo, what do you all think? I think amazon sell them too. They are not identical to hers but is it a possibility that she just bought them because she liked the design and had no affiliation to the university at all?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200617-064843_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200617-064843_Samsung Internet.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I know this is an old post but I am really interested in this case and how such a young girl be found deceased and no one has claimed her. I have found a website where they sell those yoga pants and a wide range of clothing with the Vanderbilt logo, what do you all think? I think amazon sell them too. They are not identical to hers but is it a possibility that she just bought them because she liked the design and had no affiliation to the university at all?

I think it's more likely that she was affiliated, or at least a fan, with that much gear. I do also wonder if she was an international student, which Vandy has a ton of, that may have disappeared close to the beginning of the semester. Her family (if she had close family) may have been told by a roommate/boyfriend that she ran away. Someone may have been told by campus police there was nothing they could do because she was an adult hat had the right to never contact her family again. So many possibilities, but if she was an international student it would be much harder to identify her.

That would be great if you could. Could you please let us know if you hear anything back?

I will. So far I've only shared on Facebook and in the Nashville Murderinos page. Debating sharing to Instagram since I have Vandy friends there that aren't on Facebook, but I've never shared my work with UID cases on Instagram before so I might scare my friends haha.

I was doing a little digging in regards to the clothing she was wearing and I found something really interesting. According to this article on the Vanderbilt University website the V star pattern apparel is only available to members of the athletic department and sports club teams on campus. In my opinion this would mean that she would have to be connected to Vanderbilt somehow. Either a student, former student, maybe a sister went to school there and gave her the pants or someone she was friends with that went there? This just doesn't make sense why she hasn't been identified yet.

Athletics Logos

I was doing a little digging in regards to the clothing she was wearing and I found something really interesting. According to this article on the Vanderbilt University website the V star pattern apparel is only available to members of the athletic department and sports club teams on campus. In my opinion this would mean that she would have to be connected to Vanderbilt somehow. Either a student, former student, maybe a sister went to school there and gave her the pants or someone she was friends with that went there? This just doesn't make sense why she hasn't been identified yet.

Athletics Logos

Thank you!

I was also thinking about how Vanderbilt has a rule where undergrads have to live on campus (with very few exceptions). So, if she went missing as an undergrad the roommate would have had to notice. I would think the school would notice as well, and I hate to assume but I would HOPE the police here would ask Vandy admin is any students just left all their stuff and disappeared. I think she did go to Vanderbilt, but my honest guesses are A) she was in her first semester as a graduate student and not living on campus; B) she was an international student staying with a "host" family, and perhaps the host family caused the death which would explain why no one has reported any students leaving all their stuff behind. If she was an athlete there's a much better chance of her having a host family off-campus, I would think but I'll ask a friend about that.

I will. So far I've only shared on Facebook and in the Nashville Murderinos page. Debating sharing to Instagram since I have Vandy friends there that aren't on Facebook, but I've never shared my work with UID cases on Instagram before so I might scare my friends haha.

Hahaha, say your posting for a friend

I come by and check on this case every so often. As I was reading through the replies, it struck me that our victim could be an international student? Since Vandy is a prestigious school (perhaps known best for their pre-med/med school programs) it would make sense to me that the school has a decently high number of international students. If the UID’s family isn’t in the country and/or doesn’t have regular/any contact with her, they might not even realize she’s missing.

I’m not sure what to do with this theory, but I figured I’d throw it out there.
(MOO, of course)

NamUs #UP52531
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This case seems so solvable!

On 09/08/2018, an unidentified female was found in advanced stages of decomposition alongside Sulphur Creek Road in Nashville. A 911 call was placed and Metro Nashville Police Department responded to the scene.

This young woman was wearing a Vanderbilt U zip-up fleece, Vanderbilt print leggings and a Vanderbilt head-band (logo is visible in pic at link). It looks like a small purse was also found at the scene, but I assume no ID or identifiable items.

A Google search shows that Vanderbilt played a home football that night, Sept 8 2018. But since she was found in "advanced stages of decomp" I also checked the prior week. There was ALSO a home football game on the night of Sept 1, 2018.

It seems like someone with that much V gear would be either a student or a local? How have 2 years gone by with no ID on this young woman?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back