GUILTY TN - One killed, 7 injured in shooting at Antioch church, 24 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

From his FB it looks like he's a conspiracy theorist about hurricanes.

WSMV-TV, Nashville Verified Account
@ WSMV
Nashville, TN
WSMV-TV, Nashville, Tennessee and WSMV.COM

https://mobile.twitter.com/wsmv?lang=en

WSMV-TV, Nashville retweeted
Edward Burch Edward Burch
@EdwardBurch
25m
People are sharing photos of Robert Caleb Engle on social media, calling him a hero for helping stop the Antioch church shooting. @WSMV pic.twitter.com/XdXihomQtz
View photo ·

I think it may be an I-pod type of thingy. And may I say, I am very happy my hubby didn't walk in while my nose was pressed up to my monitor as I am straining to look at some guy in his panties.

He might have thought it more normal than you investigating crimes and murders and Mayhem here? :giggle: .. Oh and following births of orangutans and hippos and giraffes! :seeya:

He has Bulda in his FB name, so I looked it up and it is a Disney character. Anybody have any ideas how it would relate to this?

Was he maybe adopted? She's the adoptive mother of Kristoff and Sven in the Frozen movie.

Maybe it was his nickname?

I'm leaning toward nickname. If you look at his FB, the last post he made today, was signed, "B."

For those of you asking about the Smyrna connection -

We are at the south end of Nashville-Davidson County. The county line is less than a mile away. Just across the line is the small (but growing) town of Lavergne, then Smyrna. It would not be unusual for several people there to be from Smyrna or parishioners there to be in Smyrna frequently. If I want to go to Target, a movie, Lowes, Home Depot, etc it is quicker and easier to go to Smyrna than further into Nashville. Almost everyone in this area who goes to the gym either goes to the YMCA in Smyrna or Gold's Gym in Smyrna.

He certainly adjusted to the American way.

Robert Caleb Engle, 22, is the heroic usher and legal gun carrier who stopped the fatal shooting at Burnette Chapel Church in Antioch, Tennessee today. He’s being hailed as a hero who risked his own life to stop the gunman, now identified as Emanuel Samson. While they struggled, Samson was shot in the chest.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/rober...usher-name-caleb-gun-permit-holder-tennessee/

Thank God Caleb was there to protect all of the people there at the church today. Samson had two guns with him so he came fully planned to take out more than the ones he shot. Its horrifying to even comprehend how many he could have shot if Caleb hadn't been there to stop him. There were at least 40 people inside the church from what I read. It is heartbreaking to know a single mother was coldly murdered, and for what?

Caleb became their guardian angel today. I know he wished he could have stopped him sooner and saved them all but he truly is the hero that stopped this madness and prevented more from being shot or murdered. He seemed to target those who were older and more defenseless. How sad that two of the victims are in their 80s.:(

It does make me wonder if he attended this church so he could learn and case out the floor plan of the church including the exits and entrances. To think they opened their arms/hearts and church to him makes it even sadder to me just like it did when Dylan Roof targeted his victims who did the same. :(

I am glad to see the FBI has opened a civil rights investigation into this case. It sounds like they may suspect already this may have been a racially motivated hate crime. I guess that will depend on if all of the victims were white. I did see in the crime photos that there blacks who also attended this church for they were seen hugging and comforting members afterwards. Many churches of today do have multi-racial members.

I imagine once this is thoroughly investigated by the local LE and the FBI we will learn a lot more about Samson and what his motive was. It was definitely premeditated so maybe LE can learn a lot more about him once his home is searched including his computer, and cellphone activity or writings.

I pray they all recover. My thoughts and prayers are with Ms Smith's family. Its so hard to believe that someone was going to church this morning like I am sure she had done forever and would never be coming home again to her family and children. We see our churches as places of peace and harmony. I hate it when our places of worship becomes a place of terror/violence and heartbreak.

IMO

What are you talking about? There are 320 million people in our country and less than one percent act this way.

She probably is referring to the fact that this is the 328th mass shooting in the US so far this year. We're the only country that has this problem.

I would think they are looking at the possibility of it being a religiously motivated crime. The membership of the church seems to be mixed, but obviously members of a church are all going to share the same religion. Houses of worship are often targets of hate crimes.

She probably is referring to the fact that this is the 328th mass shooting in the US so far this year. We're the only country that has this problem.

Does those stats including family members who wound or kill multiple members of their own family. Or is it all mass shooting done by strangers who were targeted.

I respectfully disagree. Dead is dead and homicide rates are homicide rates and Mexico rates #20 for being one of the top countries in homicides overall. We are down at the bottom on the international list of countries who have the most homicides committed every year. When I checked last month the US was #99 on the international homicide list.

We are a much safer country than Mexico or many other countries.

But this is going way off topic.

IMO

Does those stats including family members who wound or kill multiple members of their own family. Or is it all mass shooting done by strangers who were targeted.

I respectfully disagree. Dead is dead and homicide rates are homicide rates and Mexico rates #20 for being one of the top countries in homicides overall. We are down at the bottom on the international list of countries who have the most homicides committed every year. When I checked last month the US was #99 on the international homicide list.

We are a much safer country than Mexico or many other countries.

But this is going way off topic.

IMO

It's mass shootings, whether the people die or not. Number of people shot at once greater than or equal to 4.

From what I can tell, on his FB, the first time that he signs off on his posts as "B." is August 31st. It's the post that caused controversy when the cop pulled over a white woman and told her to "calm down, we only kill black people". In another couple of posts he seemed to think that the POTUS/gov't was creating the hurricane's (Aug 31st & Sept. 5).

I may have missed another use of the "B." sign off prior to 8/31/2017, if anyone finds another prior to that, please correct me. I was looking for something that happened to bring this on, so was looking for a change in his posting behavior. Earlier his posts were pretty general stuff for the average FB user. With his passion for weightlifting, I still have steroid abuse on the table.

Misusing anabolic steroids can also cause the following psychological or emotional effects:

• aggressive behaviour
  • mood swings
  • manic behaviour
  • hallucinations and delusions

I think that "is on" is exactly where he was going with that.

With his passion for weightlifting, I still have steroid abuse on the table.

Misusing anabolic steroids can also cause the following psychological or emotional effects:

• aggressive behaviour
  • mood swings
  • manic behaviour
  • hallucinations and delusions

I think that "is on" is exactly where he was going with that.

RSBM
I was also wondering about steroids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa