Identified! TN - Robertson Co., Burned human remains, Feb'15 - Amy Murphy

I shared the ring to my Facebook. I wonder if it originally had a stone in the center?
It appears to have 6 small stones and one in the center. Hard to see because they are darkened either by the fire or maybe are "chocolate diamonds". The ring looks intact.

It appears to have 6 small stones and one in the center. Hard to see because they are darkened either by the fire or maybe are "chocolate diamonds". The ring looks intact.

...or if the ring was lost there at some earlier time, the stones could simply be dirty from mud, etc., getting underneath. (Does look more like fire-related to me, though.)

...or if the ring was lost there at some earlier time, the stones could simply be dirty from mud, etc., getting underneath. (Does look more like fire-related to me, though.)
Wouldn't there be mud caked in the rest of the ring?

If that ring was on the victim at the time of the fire...would it have melted somewhat?

Wouldn't there be mud caked in the rest of the ring?

If that ring was on the victim at the time of the fire...would it have melted somewhat?

I think the melting would depend on the content of the metal, and on how long it actually remained on the victim/in close proximity to the fire...? (Hate to be graphic, but: As tissues were burned, the ring could have dropped off and bounced away a little.)

Back on February 1st the chard remains of an individual was discovered in a field in Adams TN. Today the Tennessee Bureau Of Investigation released the name of the woman. She is identified as Amy Murphy, 31, of Clarksville...

Now that police have identified the victim they can start reconstructing the last hours of the woman’s life to try to piece together exactly what happened.
http://www.smokeybarn.com/tbi-burned-body-in-adams-identified/

A check with NCIC showed that Murphy had not been reported as missing, according to Clarksville Police Lt. Steve Warren.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-Find.
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/sto...omans-body-found-burned-adams-field/23386175/

not reported missing, huh. sounding more and more like a dv case.

From the Leaf Chronicle article...

Clarksville attorney Jeff Grimes said he had been appointed to represent Murphy in a recent criminal case. Murphy had posted bond on Jan. 30 – two days before her body was found – but did not show up for a court hearing on Feb. 4.

I wonder what the criminal case was? She was murdered within two days of bonding out of jail? Maybe not related to DV but related to the criminal case? Hmmm...

ETA: Great minds think alike, JerseyGirl!

http://www.smokeybarn.com/burned-body-in-adams-four-arrested-one-more-wanted/

Through the course of the investigation, authorities developed information which led them to Kellum Williams, 34, Carol Williams, 38, Lee Poe, 27, and Sandra Murphy, 19, all of Clarksville as the individuals allegedly responsible for Amy Murphy’s death on or around January 31st, as well as the subsequent placement of her body in the field in Adams, Tennessee.

On Monday, a special Montgomery County Grand Jury returned indictments against the five individuals... Four of the five individuals have been arrested and booked into the Montgomery County Jail. Bond was set at $100,000 for each individual.

The fifth individual, Kellum Williams, is still at large and has been added to the state’s Top Ten Most Wanted list. Williams is 6 foot 5 inches tall and weighs 230 pounds. He was last seen driving a light blue 2000 Cadillac Deville with Tennessee tag S4652R.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/28355087/clarksville-tn-man-makes-tbis-top-ten-wanted-for-murder

Williams uses the aliases of Earle Kellum Thomas, KJ Williams, Jason Taylor and Kellum Tyrone Williams. He goes by a nickname of “New York”.

Williams has scars on his left arm, left forearm, head, upper lip and eye. He has tattoos on both arms and his right forearm.

He is believed to be a prospect member of the Wheels of Soul motorcycle gang in Clarksville. Kellum Williams is considered armed and dangerous.

99146210-42c4-4c39-b82f-1a255e8ac526_zpsszieywn3.jpg

http://wtvr.com/2015/03/24/kellum-williams-arrest/

Nearly two months after her burned body was found in a Tennessee field, investigators tracked down one of the people believed responsible for the murder of Amy LeeAnn Murphy. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation arrested Kellum Williams, 34, Monday after a tip led them to Emporia, Virginia...

Williams was wanted for first-degree murder, abuse of a corpse and violation of community corrections in Tennessee. He was considered one of that state’s Top 10 Most Wanted Fugitives.

I've searched Montgomery Co and the surrounding counties for info on the possible criminal case. The only thing I can find where an Amy L. Murphy was the defendant was a case filed in August 2014. "C5 HOSPITAL LIEN FLD C5 HOSPITAL LIEN FILED FROM AUTO ACCIDENT ON 11-6-13 AMOUNT OF $1,741.44 FILED BY (***** *****)" That should be a civil case, though. This story caught my attention from the beginning because not only is it near my house, but I have a ring exactly like that. :::creepy:::

*edited to remove individual's name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back