Found Deceased TN - Sequoia Samuels, 4, Memphis, 15 Jun 2023 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUN 16, 2023
[...]

A family member who does not want to be identified said she reached out to the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services multiple times before Samuels’ death.

[...]

“They didn’t ask for photos, they didn’t ask for videos, they didn’t ask for any type of evidence. They didn’t ask me for anything,” said Samuels’ cousin.

According to her, little Sequoia was born prematurely with hard lungs and special needs and was placed on a feeding tube.

The cousin claims she would see Samuels’ mother get upset when the four-year-old didn’t catch on.

“She had bruises on her back, bruises on the upper arm, bruises. Her feet used to be black,” said Samuels’ cousin.

The cousin says she pleaded with Jackson multiple times for custody.

“I told her that I would take the child, that would not have been a problem, and like I said, I explained to her when she does come into my custody, her check would have to be transferred over to me because I have to provide her needs also as well as all the things,” she said. “She disregarded and said, ‘That’s okay,’ but the bruises and stuff continued.”

[...]
Always about that damn check! IMO

Ugh, people disgust me. I’m sorry but it’s bad enough killing your kid and hiding the body, but to report her missing even you know you HAVE the body in your possession? Gross. Hope that “mother” rots in prison.

Edit: My feelings were in fact confirmed. Another mom and boyfriend situation.

Sequoia, rest in peace, baby girl. :( Don’t worry justice is coming! Have fun playing in God’s garden with all the other precious children taken from us too soon :)

Again I have to ask who saw her wandering away at 3am on camera. If it's not true or unverified why put it out to the public as fact? Thank God her precious little body did not make it to a landfill because of incorrect info.
I was just coming in here to post the same question.
I am catching up tonight and had seen news on SM so looked for Sequoia's case here.

My first thought was same.... If she passed several weeks ago, then how the heck was she seen on video at 3 AM??

Still catching up so probably will find answer as I am reading.

Fly with the angels, dear girl.
You are in a better place than with a mother who would rather protect her BF and someone who beat you instead of protecting you.

The child’s mother, Brittany Jackson, is charged with Aggravated Child Abuse-Neglect, Abuse of a Corpse and False Offense Report. Jaylon Hobson, the alleged boyfriend of Jackson, is charged with False Offense Report.

The Department of Children’s Services confirmed it had prior contact with the family and has opened an investigation.

The search for Sequoia Samuels began Thursday when she was reported missing from her home on Caldwell Avenue in North Memphis.

The 4-year-old with a feeding tube allegedly was last seen on security camera footage the night before, walking out of her house.

Jackson, the child’s mother, told police Thursday that she was at home at 247 Caldwell with Hobson, her live-in boyfriend, along with Sequoia, her 5-year-old son and two of Hobson’s juvenile relatives, ages 6 and 4.

She said she last saw Sequoia around 11:45 p.m. when she gave her a drink of water and put her to bed. She said she fell asleep on the couch and Hobson later fell asleep with her.

“Jackson maintained the corpse for several weeks” until the bags were dumped in a garbage container with other garbage cans outside the apartment, the statement reads.

JUN 16, 2023
[...]

A family member who does not want to be identified said she reached out to the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services multiple times before Samuels’ death.

[...]

“They didn’t ask for photos, they didn’t ask for videos, they didn’t ask for any type of evidence. They didn’t ask me for anything,” said Samuels’ cousin.

According to her, little Sequoia was born prematurely with hard lungs and special needs and was placed on a feeding tube.

The cousin claims she would see Samuels’ mother get upset when the four-year-old didn’t catch on.

“She had bruises on her back, bruises on the upper arm, bruises. Her feet used to be black,” said Samuels’ cousin.

The cousin says she pleaded with Jackson multiple times for custody.

“I told her that I would take the child, that would not have been a problem, and like I said, I explained to her when she does come into my custody, her check would have to be transferred over to me because I have to provide her needs also as well as all the things,” she said. “She disregarded and said, ‘That’s okay,’ but the bruises and stuff continued.”

[...]
I wonder if she would have let her go had she not had to turn over her SSI check? How many stories of people reporting and nothing being done do we have to hear about. If any of you report and nothing happens, call the police or CPS' state office. Maybe that will get thr ball going.

The mother of Sequoia, Brittany Jackson, is being charged with aggravated child neglect, abuse of a corpse, and false offense report.

Jaylon Hobson, alleged boyfriend of Jackson, is being charged with False Offense Report.

Memphis Police originally said that Sequoia was last seen on video surveillance in that area around 3 a.m., and she was reported missing by her parent around 6 a.m. That’s when a family member told police they had woken up to find the door to their home open and the child missing.

The girl's family told FOX13 that they are heartbroken and asked the community to reach out to police if they have any information. FOX13 found out from Sequoia's great uncle that she was born premature and needed medication.

Last edited:
The child’s mother, Brittany Jackson, is charged with Aggravated Child Abuse-Neglect, Abuse of a Corpse and False Offense Report. Jaylon Hobson, the alleged boyfriend of Jackson, is charged with False Offense Report.

The Department of Children’s Services confirmed it had prior contact with the family and has opened an investigation.

The search for Sequoia Samuels began Thursday when she was reported missing from her home on Caldwell Avenue in North Memphis.

The 4-year-old with a feeding tube allegedly was last seen on security camera footage the night before, walking out of her house.

Jackson, the child’s mother, told police Thursday that she was at home at 247 Caldwell with Hobson, her live-in boyfriend, along with Sequoia, her 5-year-old son and two of Hobson’s juvenile relatives, ages 6 and 4.

She said she last saw Sequoia around 11:45 p.m. when she gave her a drink of water and put her to bed. She said she fell asleep on the couch and Hobson later fell asleep with her.

“Jackson maintained the corpse for several weeks” until the bags were dumped in a garbage container with other garbage cans outside the apartment, the statement reads.
Three other children in the home around the same age, my guess it was one of those kids captured on video. Which makes me wonder if one of the “adults” intentionally sent that child outside as a sort of proof Sequoia walked off.

Disgusting. To murder an innocent little girl, not much more than a baby, then keep a body for weeks? I can’t imagine the odor. I hope the other kids are somewhere safe and getting therapy. They’ve seen and probably experienced major horrors in their little lives.

JUN 17, 2023
It was both somber and soul-affirming to witness so many coming together to pay homage to a young life lost. Family and friends of 4-year-old Sequoia Samuels gathered to pay their respects to a bright, little soul that met a tragic end. The balloon release honored the life of 4-year-old Sequoia Samuels after her body was found Friday near the apartment where she lived.

This story will remain with us for sure. A mix of sadness for this little girl and disdain for the unnecessary violence she fell prey to. The balloons were released in unison, casting shimmers overhead as a shining symbol for the gut-wrenching sorrow we feel for her and her family.

1687052251008.png

Pfft. He sounds just frantic, doesn't he? :rolleyes: Starts right off with the alibi, "We woke up and our door's open..."

Neighbor's Ring camera shows man charged in death of Sequoia Samuels

What a @@@@! I have read the statements from the so called mother, she places blame on him yet she was the one who put her in garbage bags etc. They both need to be charged with murder ( I'm sure they will). Disgusting.

Where’s the murder charge? It says he had attacked this child several times leading up to this, and he has a pending charge for possession on PCP. The mother allowed it and helped cover it up. This deserves a murder charge or two.
Two

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back