TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, on last thread, people tried to help me out by saying rage is self-affirming and makes a person feel purposeful, perhaps even happy.

I'm so confused. Obviously, that can't be the only way to define rage. Feeling purposeful is not rage.

Are there people who feel useless UNTIL they feel rage? Is that what people mean when they say "rage"? Or "passion"?

At any rate, I now have human- generated definitions of "rage" that point in different directions. Something more is needed.

And I'll go back to the desire to self-harm/suicide. Is this something that, like rage, is universal and self-activating?

For now, I'm going to go with no one has an explanation for what just happened in TN.

IMO.
People can also use different words to describe the same emotions. My 'rage' may be your 'annoyance'.

What happened when they released or published other manifestos? The recent manifestos of the Walmart shooter and the Buffalo grocery store shooter were available online, iirc.
Maybe Haley was reading those. (I am of course only lightheartedly speculating and just throwing an idea around, I don't mean to antagonise you).

Agree.

Additionally, there was some links posted on the previous thread referencing the death of a high school schoolmate and basketball teammate, which this perp reacted to somewhat irrationally. The death occurred in 2022. The gender identity change and the purchase of guns were described as recent. Up until recently, the perp identified as a gay woman, I believe. I wonder if they recent changes coincided with this death. This whole thing may be much more about the inability to process emotions and handling grief than gender issues.

The death of the old friend and the obsessive reaction to it is the first viable trigger I have read this far.

I'll find the link and edit my post to add it.

IMHO
ETA. Link:

It's really not that uncommon for someone to identify as gay, and then later come out as trans. At any stage in life.

MOO

So, on last thread, people tried to help me out by saying rage is self-affirming and makes a person feel purposeful, perhaps even happy.

I'm so confused. Obviously, that can't be the only way to define rage. Feeling purposeful is not rage.

Are there people who feel useless UNTIL they feel rage? Is that what people mean when they say "rage"? Or "passion"?

At any rate, I now have human- generated definitions of "rage" that point in different directions. Something more is needed.

And I'll go back to the desire to self-harm/suicide. Is this something that, like rage, is universal and self-activating?

For now, I'm going to go with no one has an explanation for what just happened in TN.

And to those of you who posited "rage" as a theory - you have my full attention.

IMO.
I see rage more as an extension of anger. And most people have felt anger at one time or another but are able to keep it in check or under control. Rage in my opinion is uncontrollable anger. I can’t imagine it would make a person feel happy but idk.

For all manifestos? No more releasing them....ever?
IMO We should refrain from glorifying these individuals by not publishing their manifestos, which is precisely what they wanted in the first place. It's something to try since, unfortunately, it's unlikely the weapons used by these shooters will ever be banned in the US.

It's really not that uncommon for someone to identify as gay, and then later come out as trans. At any stage in life.

MOO
Understood and I agree. I'm just a bit interested in the timing of the event and wonder if coming out as Transgender was in response to the death of Hale's teammate. Many people do "things" after a death that they may not have done before. Try to be more authentic. Try to really live. Try not to waste their time on earth. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

I have to wonder if the Transgender issue is NOT the issue here (as it was made out to be from the start), but instead, not being able to cope with this death was the reason for the suicidal which morphed into homicidal acts.

Imho

Understood and I agree. I'm just a bit interested in the timing of the event and wonder if coming out as Transgender was in response to the death of Hale's teammate. Many people do "things" after a death that they may not have done before. Try to be more authentic. Try to really live. Try not to waste their time on earth. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

I have to wonder if the Transgender issue is NOT the issue here (as it was made out to be from the start), but instead, not being able to cope with this death was the reason for the suicidal which morphed into homicidal acts.

Imho
I said back on the last thread that I think gender, autism, and mental illness were distractions, here.

That this was another young man deciding to blame the world for his anger and his problems and take it out on a vulnerable population with a gun. It's why I think the manifesto will be, in essentials, exactly like all the others we've seen from the hundreds of other mass murderers before him. It won't have answers that are understandable to any of us.

We all suffer, we all experience grief, most of us who don't fit the cis/hetero mould experience stuff from our families that is soul-crushing. But we don't get a gun and kill innocent people. We don't target schools, or churches, or malls.

We create found families for ourselves. We go to therapy, and if we can't afford therapy, we work on ourselves as best we can. We look for the shining places between the pain.

I find this kind of offender impossible to understand. I cannot comprehend the arrogance, the selfishness, the entitlement that must exist within them, to think that making others die and suffer is their right. To make people who never hurt them hurt. I really can't.

MOO

I said back on the last thread that I think gender, autism, and mental illness were distractions, here.

That this was another young man deciding to blame the world for his anger and his problems and take it out on a vulnerable population with a gun. It's why I think the manifesto will be, in essentials, exactly like all the others we've seen from the hundreds of other mass murderers before him. It won't have answers that are understandable to any of us.

We all suffer, we all experience grief, most of us who don't fit the cis/hetero mould experience stuff from our families that is soul-crushing. But we don't get a gun and kill innocent people. We don't target schools, or churches, or malls.

We create found families for ourselves. We go to therapy, and if we can't afford therapy, we work on ourselves as best we can. We look for the shining places between the pain.

I find this kind of offender impossible to understand. I cannot comprehend the arrogance, the selfishness, the entitlement that must exist within them, to think that making others die and suffer is their right. To make people who never hurt them hurt. I really can't.

MOO
I wholeheartedly agree. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I find them impossible to understand as well..and I also find myself feeling very angry about the crimes they commit because of the unrelated innocents they harm. Ugh.

A college proff I had way back in time, but post Columbine, suggested that mass shooters like this were what she referred to as "vulnerable narcissists". The entire world revolves around them, they and their feelings are all important....yet they have very low self esteem. Food for thought, I suppose.

Do you think spree killers read others' manifestos and research on manifestos before killing?

It's a bit too late to suppress all the many, many ideological webstes/forums that explore this kind of thing (most without the integrity of rules that WS has).

IMO. I have no data that shows that spree killers read each others ideological positions. Would love to see some.
Would their objective be to kill better? IMO

Do you think spree killers read others' manifestos and research on manifestos before killing?

It's a bit too late to suppress all the many, many ideological webstes/forums that explore this kind of thing (most without the integrity of rules that WS has).

IMO. I have no data that shows that spree killers read each others ideological positions. Would love to see some.
Might be a place to start.

Mass shooting contagion - Wikipedia

Oh my. This says the pastor was counseling her.

All three of the children had been in the chapel learning the word Jambo and singing verses of Amazing Grace to perform for their grandparents next week according to Dr Grayson.

This says the 3 children had been in the chapel so she may have been looking for the pastor. It is highly unlikely that she would have chosen to do counseling with a pastor. Her parents may have asked her to do this since she was living in their house.

MOO
I wholeheartedly agree. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I find them impossible to understand as well..and I also find myself feeling very angry about the crimes they commit because of the unrelated innocents they harm. Ugh.

A college proff I had way back in time, but post Columbine, suggested that mass shooters like this were what she referred to as "vulnerable narcissists". The entire world revolves around them, they and their feelings are all important....yet they have very low self esteem. Food for thought, I suppose.

IMO.
I missed your post you reference in the last thread. Simplistically I believe : There is both inner directed rage ( self harm) and outer directed rage( harm of others). Rage to me is a boiling over of overwhelming anger. It’s not a controlled burn. It’s an accumulation of anger that becomes psychologically unmanageable and leads to violence. ( the pot boils over). It’s what comes after the controlled burn. You can also have a combo where you are experiencing both.

I obvi do not know why this killer committed such heinous murders but IMO there was a good amount of self loathing and inner directed rage since she wanted to die. Was the outer directed rage the killer’s totally fubar way of turning things around and dealing with the inner rage ? Anybody’s guess.
Just my thoughts
All JMO

IMO We should refrain from glorifying these individuals by not publishing their manifestos, which is precisely what they wanted in the first place. It's something to try since, unfortunately, it's unlikely the weapons used by these shooters will ever be banned in the US.
No, the gov't should not hide information from the public because that means the gov't totally controls the narrative and the public is no longer free people but only servants to an oppressive gov't. You know what will happen, politicians will claim a killer supported their rival and use it to smear groups they want to destroy. It will be used to manipulate the public and we have enough of that as it is.

Counseling in what way I wonder?It makes me nervous when people like pastors who are not usually educated in mental illness take on these roles.
The only appropriate counseling a pastor should be doing is grief counseling. IMHO.

Beyond that, if they don't have credentials, I doubt they can be helpful in any way. Imho

Assuming this is true, of course. Who knows? He said, "that's what he heard"...am I right?

It's kind of crappy for a pastor to go on inside edition and do this? I can't imagine LE being thrilled about it.

Imho

Last edited:
No, the gov't should not hide information from the public because that means the gov't totally controls the narrative and the public is no longer free people but only servants to an oppressive gov't. You know what will happen, politicians will claim a killer supported their rival and use it to smear groups they want to destroy. It will be used to manipulate the public and we have enough of that as it is.
This is a good point. It seems like we can't win either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo