TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't hear about her video because those in the position to do so, have tried very hard to make sure the public doesn't have this information. Which of course, only leads to more speculation, and questions about what else they might be keeping from the public.

jmo

If the manifesto is indeed real. not sure why they want to suppress it besides they think it might inspire another copycat mass shooting, but it's pretty predictable stuff.
If they suppress it comes across as a coverup and lacks transparency. I can see both sides of the argument but suppressing it creates new conspiracy theories.

*I haven’t read this whole thing so I’m not sure of the bottom line but it’s applicable to this thread:

*I just realized this is the same John Drake listed in the above document:

<modsnip - quoted post was removed/no source>

It also strikes me as interesting, there are far fewer serial killers than in, say, the 1980's; and an increasing number of spree killers.

I don't know what it means, but in my opinion, there is always a copycat element in human behaviour - what we eat, wear, talk about, do for a living, none of us is truly original or motivated purely by our own inner uniqueness.

Also, there is a desire among the young to be part of whatever are the latest trends, not to be part of something considered outdated, old-fashioned, passe.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
If the manifesto is indeed real. not sure why they want to suppress it besides they think it might inspire another copycat mass shooting, but it's pretty predictable stuff.
If they suppress it comes across as a coverup and lacks transparency. I can see both sides of the argument but suppressing it creates new conspiracy theories.
You are correct, their main concerns were contagion and gun control, I included their quotes below (emphasis mine). They also said they would defer to authorities on whether the journals should be publicly shared.

"It should not be published," Jordan Budd, the executive director of Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (COLAGE), told Newsweek. "The focus should be on how this was able to happen in the first place. There should not be such easy access to deadly weaponry.

Charles Moran, the national president of Log Cabin Republicans "...While it would certainly give insight into the motivations of this deeply troubled individual that could help shed light into root causes, we know from tragedies like this that additional glorification of the shooter could inspire others to take similar violent acts for attention," Moran said.

Laura McGinnis, a spokesperson for PFLAG, agreed, telling Newsweek that publication of these documents could increase the risk of contagion.

The Human Rights Campaign: "...every study available shows that transgender and non-binary people are much more likely to be the victims of violence, rather than the perpetrators of it."

PS - The Log Cabin Republicans are not exactly the mouthpiece for all LGBTQIA+ people
edit - a word

Last edited:
I believe it's very real. What I don't believe, and never have, is the idea that releasing it will possibly lead to a copycat crime. I believe it contains the shooter's hate filled thoughts and possibly even who or what inspired and influenced those thoughts.

And if that's the case, which many, many people believe it to be, it's the Who or the What that is being protected, by keeping the writings of a hateful young woman, from public view.

jmo

Interesting.

It also strikes me as interesting, there are far fewer serial killers than in, say, the 1980's; and an increasing number of spree killers.

I don't know what it means, but in my opinion, there is always a copycat element in human behaviour - what we eat, wear, talk about, do for a living, none of us is truly original or motivated purely by our own inner uniqueness.

Also, there is a desire among the young to be part of whatever are the latest trends, not to be part of something considered outdated, old-fashioned, passe.

JMO

I think it may be just that it's harder today for aspiring serial killers to get away with a series of murders without getting caught because of all the surveillance and data tracking around now. I don't think the decrease is because of lack of desire. (See Kohberger, who would probably still be killing if it weren't for Ring cameras.)

Well, starting to look like Crowder's documents may indeed be legit.
I am still waiting on confirmation that the images are actually real. Scripps news outlets have not confirmed it yet.

And, Steven Crowder has huge reliability problems. He is a comedian. All of his content is considered questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, poor sourcing, and several failed fact checks.

Did someone break the law in order to get more clicks, Steven? And why post only 3-4 pages?

Is this like the Delphi crime scene photo leak, should legal and law enforcement personnel be investigated as the source?

Interesting.

JMO
I agree.

I think that alot of serial killers morphed into spree killers due to technology. Considering we have cameras everywhere and DNA, their crimes would have to be perfectly executed....and most of these killers sure go to great lengths to plan things. Imho

And yes...the young DO like to be part of the latest trends (like we all did). Unfortunately, technology allows for the fringe of these trends to play havoc on the young and/or unstable. I'd suggest that social media has made it very easy for susceptible people to become radicalized by various fringe groups....or for susceptible people to misunderstand valid special interest group's goals and ideals. Sigh. Imho

BBM. Why should preventing new conspiracy theories have a priority over the protection of public safety?

If LE experts have concluded withholding the manifesto is necessary for public safety reasons, I'm okay with deferring to their professional expertise.

JMO

Last edited:
I am still waiting on confirmation that the images are actually real. Scripps news outlets have not confirmed it yet.

And, Steven Crowder has huge reliability problems. He is a comedian. All of his content is considered questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, poor sourcing, and several failed fact checks.

Did someone break the law in order to get more clicks, Steven? And why post only 3-4 pages?

Is this like the Delphi crime scene photo leak, should legal and law enforcement personnel be investigated as the source?
I have never heard of Crowder but what on earth could he possibly find funny about this horrific slaughter of victims by someone who is obviously unhinged. smh

JMO

BBM. Why should preventing new conspiracy theories have a priority over the protection of public safety?

If LE experts have concluded withholding the manifesto is necessary for public safety reasons, I'm okay with deferring to their professional expertise.

JMO

If the manifesto leaked today was real, it's nothing that we already don't know.
I see both sides of it.
I can see why some people want transparency and the LE wants to conceal it to prevent future copycat crimes.

Well, starting to look like Crowder's documents may indeed be legit.

I don't doubt they're real, I just question whether the 3 pages is all there is. You can see they are part of a notebook with many other pages, so unless the rest of it is just recipes and shopping lists, there should be more related to the shooting.

I don't consider them "nothing groups". They have a cause and they promote it. Like most "causes", I agree with some of their tenets and not others.

I suggest that the LGBTQ+ has the ear of quite a few politicians and influential people, which in turn makes them influential.

I have zero problem with special interest groups.

I do have a problem with treating this one spree shooting differently than any other case I can remember where motive and manifestos were part of the crime, and I think that ties directly into pressure from the groups mentioned in the article I posted and those affiliated with those groups. Imho
Perhaps the reason it is being treated differently has everything to do with extremist political viewpoints that are on a state rather than federal level? I was surprised Nashville LE immediately identified the shooter as transgender and I think the horrific shooting was making a political statement with a goal of suicide by cop.

JMO
“A lack of societal recognition and acceptance of gender identities outside of the binary of cisgender man or woman and increasing politically motivated attacks on transgender individuals, increase stigma and prejudice and related exposure to minority stress, which contributes to the high rates of substance use and suicidality we see among transgender people.”

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

While many have publicly called for the manifesto release, many others, including parents of Covenant children, do not want it to be released.

This goes before the court of appeals Monday, Oct. 16 at 1:00 p.m. at the Nashville Supreme Court building.

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts discussing the manifesto have been removed as off limits.

Websleuths is basically pro-LE, and it has never been in the spirit of Websleuths to go against their recommended course of action.

Additionally, the parents and the Church had previously expressed their wishes that the document not be released, and today Nashville's Mayor has announced an investigation into that leak.

The thread is closed until we hear back from Tricia as to which direction she thinks we should go on this matter.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread will remain closed until such time as the investigation announced by the Mayor is concluded and the source of the leak has been determined. The thread will reopen at that time for members to discuss the source of the leak, but discussion of the leaked manifesto itself will NOT be allowed.

In speaking with Tricia it is her opinion (and she has given permission to share these thoughts) ... that Crowder is a horrible person and he only publicized this document because he wants the attention he will get from it and it is an attempt to offset bad publicity he has received. What he has done is reprehensible and hurtful to the parent and Tricia will not allow Websleuths to be used to promote whatever his disgusting agenda is in promoting something as reprehensible as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther