TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion; from listening to the presser the police chief did (how many times was she called a child, for gosh sake's, she was twenty-eight years old.) Maybe she was very sheltered. Did she even have a job?? How were that many weapons paid for??
I am also interested to find out how those guns were paid for.

The only appropriate counseling a pastor should be doing is grief counseling. IMHO.

Beyond that, if they don't have credentials, I doubt they can be helpful in any way. Imho

Assuming this is true, of course. Who knows? He said, "that's what he heard"...am I right?

It's kind of crappy for a pastor to go on inside edition and do this? I can't imagine LE being thrilled about it.

Imho
I was uncomfortable with that pastor giving out personal information, if true. At least there's a face for the source.

Talked it through with a special operative/Chicago cop today and he absolutely loved the video. Handled it absolutely brilliantly. <modsnip: no source link>

He said this was near perfection, which isn’t easy in the moment, when your adrenaline is going.
Definitely smooth operation. I wonder how much they actually remember...if they went on 'automatic pilot'?

What happened when they released or published other manifestos? The recent manifestos of the Walmart shooter and the Buffalo grocery store shooter were available online, iirc.
Alek Minassian, who lodged the 2018 Toronto van attack that killed 10 people, claimed to have been inspired by the writings of Elliot Rodgers.

Brenton Tarrant fatally shot 51 people in two mosques in Christchurch in the deadliest terrorist attack in New Zealand’s history. He claimed to be inspired by the writings of Dylan Roof and many others.

I was uncomfortable with that pastor giving out personal information, if true. At least there's a face for the source.
I do too. Especially after LE has said the attack was not targeted toward any individuals.

If there is any truth to what the pastor said on Inside Edition, and the one child was particularly targeted …. may there be a very special place in hell for AH.

Alek Minassian, who lodged the 2018 Toronto van attack that killed 10 people, claimed to have been inspired by the writings of Elliot Rodgers.

[/URL]
As I've posted before, that was his initial story.

However, during therapy he admitted that was just an excuse that he used to cover up the more shameful reason: fear of failing at a new job.

JMO

ETA: although he didn't really care about the incel theories, he cared about the way Rogers was apparently glorified by his peers, ie infamous in death.

Could shooter have known which one was his little girl?

I believe the answer is "yes," definitely could have known. May even have written about it. But...perhaps no one wants to know one way or the other.

Every LEO I ever worked with has told me, "There's always a reason and it's usually not difficult to figure out." But only LE are supposed to know it, apparently. Most LEO's think the rest of us should also know it - but the public, apparently, is divided on what they wish to know.

Speculation may be better than knowledge, in terms of maintaining our comfort zones.

IMO. (I don't agree, but that's immaterial).

This is a good point. It seems like we can't win either way.
We could do better, if only we realized that not all points of view are equal and decided to try and create bridges between the most opposing viewpoints.

Judging from cross-cultural and historical studies, though, it is probably too late for the current generation.

We will only "win" when the truth is plainly out there. But, mystical positions that are not susceptible to proof are out there too, and people flock to those. I've done it myself, long ago. I don't know what the answer is, but I do know that it takes more than one lifetime to even begin to understand the situation we have on hand right now.

It's a war-like situation, and harming children is the most upsetting thing of all, to me. Sometimes I wish I hadn't decided to study primates.

IMO.

They could and that's a terrible thought. But the difficulty would be finding her amongst 200 other children.

Why would that be difficult, with just a little inside knowledge?

Age of child is known. Not all 200 children were in the same grade (probably just 40 or so per grade). When shooters popp on school campuses, they have usually narrowed down where their targets are (if they've decided to target). If the perp has SEEN the potential victim, they're going to recognize them. And there are many ways of figuring out exactly where kids are, during the school day.

Shooters have found targets on much, much larger campuses, IMO. People are out there - searching in all kinds of ways, if they are sick/depraved/evil enough to do what they are planning. Like lions looking for a meal.

IMO.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Audrey Hale, like many other school shooters, mass killers, assassins, and terrorists are injustice collectors, grudger hoarders, or grievance collectors.

A grieving twin has lashed out at ‘disgusting’ suggestions that her sibling’s tragic car crash death last year somehow triggered The Covenant School massacre.
Trans shooter Audrey Hale was said to have been ‘infatuated’ with Sydney Sims who played on the same basketball team as her in middle school.
Sims’ sudden death in a horrifying head-on smash last August left Hale ‘heartbroken’ and could have sent her into a murderous spiral, according to a report published Wednesday

A grieving twin has lashed out at ‘disgusting’ suggestions that her sibling’s tragic car crash death last year somehow triggered The Covenant School massacre.
Trans shooter Audrey Hale was said to have been ‘infatuated’ with Sydney Sims who played on the same basketball team as her in middle school.
Sims’ sudden death in a horrifying head-on smash last August left Hale ‘heartbroken’ and could have sent her into a murderous spiral, according to a report published Wednesday
Thank you. This is sad.

Until things are known and made public, "sources" will talk. They'll say they heard this or that. They'll make assumptions and presumptions. And people will get hurt.

Imho

Do you think spree killers read others' manifestos and research on manifestos before killing?

It's a bit too late to suppress all the many, many ideological webstes/forums that explore this kind of thing (most without the integrity of rules that WS has).

IMO. I have no data that shows that spree killers read each others ideological positions. Would love to see some.
No I don’t, but I think if there is ideology in the manifesto that others relate to then it might influence them to act.

Hypothetical - let’s say the manifesto says group A tries to limit, persecute, infringe on group b and group b needs to rise up against group a. Then other members of group b that may feel they’ve been treated poorly by group a may then feel they need to act against group a.

Clearly anyone who really thinks and feels that violence towards others solves anything or is the answer needs help. They aren’t thinking clearly and probably have untreated mental health issues.

They could and that's a terrible thought. But the difficulty would be finding her amongst 200 other children.
She may have just run into her by chance. The three kids had been in the chapel. They were not locked down in a classroom. If the pastor had counseling sessions with AH then he probably had family photos in his office and she would have stared at those photos. If the sessions were during the school day, then his daughter may even have stopped by his office. There is also the possibility that she didn’t recognize his daughter and it was just random because those three kids were not locked down in one of the classrooms.

Why would that be difficult, with just a little inside knowledge?

Age of child is known. Not all 200 children were in the same grade (probably just 40 or so per grade). When shooters popp on school campuses, they have usually narrowed down where their targets are (if they've decided to target). If the perp has SEEN the potential victim, they're going to recognize them. And there are many ways of figuring out exactly where kids are, during the school day.

Shooters have found targets on much, much larger campuses, IMO. People are out there - searching in all kinds of ways, if they are sick/depraved/evil enough to do what they are planning. Like lions looking for a meal.

IMO.

I wonder how many of us actually believe there's hell for these people. I don't.

IMO. The one life these little people had was taken from them. I believe there was targeting, but I don't believe AH is getting any special, supernatural punishment.

IMO.
I do believe in hell. I have to consider that good people do too, they know that there are consequences for our actions otherwise our world would be totally out of control. I also believe in Jesus and his redeeming grace and forgiveness. Did AH ask for that? We have no idea.

“Truth is none of us know why she did that,’ Sims’ sister said of the rampage.

‘Nothing about what she [Hale] has done is Ok, we’ve not had any contact with that girl for years due to other things.

‘We all played middle school basketball together. That’s it and that is all. Granted everyone was welcomed to my sister’s funeral and that’s when we saw her for the first time in a while.

‘She then popped up uninvited to my sister’s painting that my mom held a few weeks ago (odd) and still don’t know how she found out.

‘So with all due respect don’t attach my family, especially my sister, to this mess.’

BBM, from other articles I thought Audrey was in a relationship with the car accident victim. But the car accident’s twin sister’s statement does not make it seem that way at all. More like there hadn’t been recent contact between Audrey and the deceased.

The more we find out about Audrey the more troubled she seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee