TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Manifesto' is a strong word. Perhaps her writings could better be described as a Diary of her thoughts.
Either way it will help give LE a better idea of her thought process leading up to the murders.

It's so heartbreaking she didn't get the psychiatric help she so desperately needed.

JMO
I think the Nicholas Cruz case was a testimony to the fact that psychiatric help, doesn't help at all. MOO

I'm not sure what you mean? The shooter ended up being shot by the police while she was in the process of a mass shooting. Her death wasn't a 'murder'.
I don’t know about that. I know that when an inmate is put to death, the death certificate will state murder/ homicide.
When any individual takes the life of another individual the classification is always murder or homicide.
Inthink a few states will list the cause of death as execution, for death row inmates.
MOO

Last edited:
A quick Google search found multiple news reports and the killers photo.

I don't see how it's possible to keep a killers name and photo out of the media. It's just not going to happen.

Christchurch mosque attack suspect pleads not guilty, trial set for next year
I watched the Nicholas Cruz trial and was completely blown away by the myriad of thoughts, drawings and actions of this demented person. But, the purpose of my post is to say that whether the media, news, etc. releases the manifesto or any details involving motive, psychological diagnosis or not,, anyone who is a potential mass murderer can easily get the information. I learned, from the Cruz trial, that there are so many sites on the 'dark web', they don't need the public releases. And these sites provide many more details than we would even want to know. There's an entire network of evil out there, and I think people should be aware of it! Any and all info should be available to the public. We have to live in this demented world and we should know what's going on in it! JMO

MNPD Officers Rex Engelbert, a 4-year veteran, and Michael Collazo, a 9-year veteran, were part of a team of first responders to the Covenant campus Mon morning. They fired on the active shooter, who was killed. This is their body camera footage. https://youtu.be/Ue2tZa4hT0c
Officer Engelbert
Their moment of national recognition occurs at a time when Americans are often at odds with law enforcement, often due to past systemic policing. After MNPD released Engelbert and Collazo's names, praise poured in across social media. Within three hours of making a post Tuesday, the tweet has received more than 9,000 retweets, nearly 40,000 likes and about 4,000 replies.https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2023/03/28/nashville-shooting-who-are-officers-rex-engelbert-michael-collazo/70056728007/

1680084905622.jpeg
Her grandparents, Tom and Linda Dieckhaus, are members of St. Francis Borgia Catholic Church, where the entire congregation is ready to support them, starting with prayer.

“No one can give an answer as to why this stuff happens," the Rev. Mike Boehm said. "Nothing definitive anyway. So we as a people of faith, we turn to our faith. We turn to our God."

Boehm shared the following statement from the family, “On behalf of the entire Dieckhaus family, we thank everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers as we grieve the unimaginable loss of Evelyn Dieckhaus. Evelyn was a shining light, and she will be greatly missed by all.”
* This is so tough. I saw this little girl’s picture and read a bit about her yesterday. So…I don’t know why it hit me so dang hard this morning. I kinda threw the iPad across the bed just now when I saw her beautiful innocent hinhing face. It hurt my heart cause my chest started hurting and I had to sit down. It took me a minute to slow my breathing down. Omg, how in heaven’s name are these poor families handling this horrific tragedy? It’s so unfair. It’s wrong.This goes against all moral rules of the land.

Last edited:
View attachment 411807
Her grandparents, Tom and Linda Dieckhaus, are members of St. Francis Borgia Catholic Church, where the entire congregation is ready to support them, starting with prayer.

“No one can give an answer as to why this stuff happens," the Rev. Mike Boehm said. "Nothing definitive anyway. So we as a people of faith, we turn to our faith. We turn to our God."

Boehm shared the following statement from the family, “On behalf of the entire Dieckhaus family, we thank everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers as we grieve the unimaginable loss of Evelyn Dieckhaus. Evelyn was a shining light, and she will be greatly missed by all.”
* This is so tough. I saw this little girl’s picture and read a bit about her yesterday. So…I don’t know why it hit me so dang hard this morning. I kinda threw the iPad across the bed just now when I saw her beautiful innocent hinhing face. It hurt my heart cause my chest started hurting and I had to sit down. It took me a minute to slow my breathing down. Omg, how in heaven’s name are these poor families handling this horrific tragedy? It’s so ******* unfair. It’s wrong.This goes against all moral rules of the land.
It was reported in the Mail, amongst other publications, that according to her parents, she died trying to pull the fire alarm. I can't help but feel overwhelmed at the courage that must have taken.

Sleep well, Evelyn. You spent your last moment trying to save everyone. I'm in awe of you. I wish you'd had a chance to grow up, instead.

I don’t know about that. I know that when an inmate is put to death, the death certificate will state murder/ homicide.
When any individual takes the life of another individual the classification is always murder or homicide.
Inthink a few states will list the cause of death as execution, for death row inmates.
MOO
I did a quick Google and found "Murder is a homicide that is the illegal killing of another person." BBM https://www.steinandmarkuslaw.com/whats-the-difference-between-homicide-murder-and-manslaughter/
"Homicide" seems to be the umbrella term. I believe there is always an incident review when LE kills a suspect, since innocent people have been killed by LE. In this case I can't see how a review would see the killing of the perp as illegal. MOO

I did a quick Google and found "Murder is a homicide that is the illegal killing of another person." BBM https://www.steinandmarkuslaw.com/whats-the-difference-between-homicide-murder-and-manslaughter/
"Homicide" seems to be the umbrella term. I believe there is always an incident review when LE kills a suspect, since innocent people have been killed by LE. In this case I can't see how a review would see the killing of the perp as illegal. MOO
Justifiable homicide is the term used in these cases, I believe, and other cases of clear self defense.

MOO

Hale's Purchases of Firearms?

@FLmom777
Could you please provide a link w quote from the "background check" form showing the question asking if applicant has a "mental illness?"

IF Hale completed ATF Form 4473,* it did not ask applicant whether they have a 'mental illness."

This is Question 11f:
"Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective or have you ever been committed to a mental institution? See Instructions for Question 11.f)."

IIRC, the Nashville Police Chief or spokesperson said Hale purchased the guns legally, so presumably LE has seen the ATF forms (or equivalent).
Have any ATF Forms Hale completeddbeen publicly released (leaked)?

What buyer is going to check off Yes for mental illness?? Most don’t think that they have any illness. The fact that they are buying this style and multiple guns should raise red flags.

MOO
The manner of death will likely be listed as homicide, but one could argue it should be listed as suicide in this case. (Suicide by cop / police - assisted suicide.)

jmo

The manner of death will likely be listed as homicide, but one could argue it should be listed as suicide in this case. (Suicide by cop / police - assisted suicide.)

jmo
I think the language of death and the law is pretty formal. Regardless of the intentions of the killer, the police fired the shots that killed him, and that is homicide.

MOO

It does seem about as useful as a website with an 'I am over eighteen' pop-up.

MOO

I mean it’s not like she wants to check anything off that could possibly prevent her from going to do the crazy thing that she is buying the guns for right?

Did she work? She put out a lot of money for the arsenal she amassed.

I mean it’s not like she wants to check anything off that could possibly prevent her from going to do the crazy thing that she is buying the guns for right?

Did she work? She put out a lot of money for the arsenal she amassed.
I don't believe we've seen anything about a formal 9-5, but he was an artist. He could have easily made money taking commissions for art online. Not enough to live on, you really need to be highly productive and promoting yourself to make actual money from art, but enough to buy little luxuries, here and there, sure. If he was illustrating, say, people's D&D characters, depending on the complexity, he could make up to $100. More likely $30-$50. Do a bunch of those, it adds up.

Very much MOO and speculation, we have no information he made art on commission.

I could be wrong but I believe that photo is accurate and lifted from the G F M page before that page was deleted.

The Metro credits it in its article.

Thank you. I have emailed the ‘Fox3Now’ media and asked for clarification / removal of the incorrect photo from their page. There is no excuse for continuing to show the wrong photo of a victim.

I thought I read he was working part time for some type of food delivery company (at Shipt? Is that a thing?)

eta : may have been shopping other than food, I am not in US and am unfamiliar with the shops and companies, I just assumed food I think

unfortunatly this is one case
(Emphasis added.) I don't know who "some" are. Personally I don't know anyone who will justify the killing of children or, in fact, innocent bystanders of any age.
there are already supporters on the internet..and there is one post here that i thought about answering then changed my mind
they were talking that this killer didnt kill from hate but had a purpose and we must know it ! which def justification
just wait for the snow ball effect
its already in the news all about her and whatever she wanted to get through and not the victims

Last edited:
like expected ..lets say this one thought about it beforehand..
some will try to justify killing children and innocent ppl and even cheer up and sympathise
beware of this going around and being fed by the media.. this media which itself glorifies what it pretends to condemn
in the same time tarnishing everybody who are really in a struggle and a fight
Media is rolling with the sad oppressed killer theme. imo
I have not seen any such reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads