Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised about this as well. We don’t really know, maybe bio dad did give up his rights. But earlier someone said (I need to try to find it) something to the effect of they don’t necessarily have to if they aren’t in contact & pay no child support and that all states are different.
Don’t the courts at least have to try to find the bio dad before they legally give custody to someone else? What if bio dad shows up next year & says no way you didn’t even find me—I would have said no. What if someone lies and says she hasn’t heard from him since she was pregnant but that’s not true? I mean a dad could be totally deadbeat and a bad dad, but I thought it was HARD to permanently take away a parent’s custody.

There’s just a lot we don’t know? It will be interesting to see if her birth Father enters the scene

My now ex-husband raped his 13 yr old adopted daughter (my daughter) and he was charged with (and convicted of) rape with force/threat of force. When I read that in his indictment, I freaked out hoping LE hadn't made a mistake that could set him free, since what I knew of the circumstances didn't include force. They said since he's her dad and she's under the age of consent it's automatically considered force/threat of force. That wasn't in TN though. Wording matters... phoey on TN if this is a state law kind of thing.

I'm so sorry for you and your daughter.

BBM But we are talking about a minor? I would love to know if if he would be described as "having sex with" say....a five year old? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the verbiage just doesn't make sense to me.
Per the TN Law link someone posted in the last page or 2 (Jethro?), the warrant could have said “sexual penetration” which includes many things (penetration anywhere by any body part or non-bio object) I won’t bother to list for obvious reasons. I think this term is far more respectful to a victim because it’s not really ever used to describe any “normal” sex act. It applies to any age victim, and satisfies the legal requirement to describe the offense. Hard to articulate... hope I did! JMHO...

Edited to insert the link Jethro4WS posted earlier: Tennessee Code Title 39. Criminal Offenses § 39-13-501 | FindLaw

Last edited:
Not saying anything of the sort - not even arguing it is the case. Just saying that we don't know what class he is charged with. We could guess and assume to our hearts content but all I am saying is we don't know for certain until Tuesday. There could be be more charges or more counts of rape filed and we don't know that either.

And the BBM. Never said it was and I have consistently said it is clearly rape and never said otherwise and made no mention of "not fighting" or "not being beat up" or any such thing since neither is required for a rape to occur and being a willing participant does not mean it isn't rape nor does it mitigate it in any way. I am quite consistent on this.

"Being a willing participant" makes it a much lesser form of rape. And I believe the sheriff would've qualified his statement if there was any evidence whatseoever that this innocent little girl participated in her own abuse by the man who raised her as a father, in any way, which would make it a statutory rape type of charge.

Being a willing participant - your words - is different from being a passive and fearful victim, who does what she's told or fails to scream out, etc.

I am offended by the suggestion that this is a possibility in this case. This baby ran away for a reason. She didn't run with away with her abuser. While a vulnerable child who is manipulated by a predatory older adult into a "relationship" is absolutely a victim, there is a difference. It's still horrible and criminal. But a little girl raped by the man who raised her is different from a vulnerable child convinced she's in love with her molester.

For that reason, rape is punishable in TN by a possible 8-30 years and aggravated statutory rape of the kind you may be thinking about would be punishable by 2-12 years.

I'm already unpleasantly surprised. A child was raped by her parent who choked up on tv and professed his love for her and grief. What do you mean?
I'm already unpleasantly surprised. A child was raped by her parent who choked up on tv and professed his love for her and grief. What do you mean?

Perhaps, those of us still granting the mother the presumption of innocence due her are hoping not to be unpleasantly surprised?? I can definitely interpret that statement that way. IMOO

That would be an ill conceived law, prosecuting people for what they SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. Who decides who should know what? Would we then prosecute bio parents because they SHOULD HAVE KNOWN that their spouse, the other bio-parent, was going to one day sexually abuse their child? What about physical abuse? Would we prosecute the non-offending party there, too, for not vetting their mate properly? Until she's named a suspect, we can assume that this mother is a victim. This is just more victim blaming, and it's alarming that some people don't see it that way.

That's what the law regarding negligence holds. What a person knew or reasonably should have known.

I don't think it's ill conceived. I think negligent behavior can be applied to child neglect.

Hold on. I need to run my hyena but when I come back I can pose some scenarios and also give links to the various laws and sentences regarding rape as you asked in another post.

There’s just a lot we don’t know? It will be interesting to see if her birth Father enters the scene

A member here, Gray Hughes, has a YouTube channel and he is currently saying that he is going to do a live feed re: interview with her biological father in 20 minutes on his YouTube channel. (8 PM Eastern)

Don't know if it will happen, but FYI

ETA...Bio-Father is now on live at 8:10.
I don't think I am allowed to post what is discussed..only tell y'all to go listen iirc the TOS.

VERY interesting only 5 minutes in..

ETA #2. 38 minutes after the hour, biodad still talking ..

Last edited:
Have we had a link to documentation that SP was adopted or are we assuming that because she has his last name and LE has been referring to her as adopted?

Thanks for opening the bar, @OhhhThatVictoria! :)
Until now, I haven't given much thought to SLP'S Bio Dad... pehaps because I've not read anything about him.
NoneTheLess, I'm willing to wager he would like to get his hands on this -RP and perform a M.Bobbit on him!

Statutory rape is a thing, but IMO does not and can not apply here in any way shape or form.
MOO MOO MOO

That's what the law regarding negligence holds. What a person knew or reasonably should have known.

I don't think it's ill conceived. I think negligent behavior can be applied to child neglect.

Hold on. I need to run my hyena but when I come back I can pose some scenarios and also give links to the various laws and sentences regarding rape as you asked in another post.

I respectfully disagree. Negligence laws are MUCH more complex than what was suggested. Criminal versus civil. Compensatory versus contributory... and so on and so forth. I'm not quick to support anything without thoughtful consideration and being satisfied that it will promote justice equally. Laws such as the one proposed offer no consideration for differences in intelligence, critical thinking, or even equal access to information. When a law says a corporation reasonably should have known about a faulty product or component, it's MUCH different than what someone reasonably SHOULD BE expected to KNOW about an individual. That is hard to quantify or legislate and just opens up a whole mess of worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv