Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice the arrest information date/ time of 8:35 pm is the same as abduction time so I’m guessing that info is just not filled in correctly, moo.

Date Agency Arrest Number Agency Case Number
1/31/2019 8:35 PM Wisconsin Dept of Justice 650012319 19-826
Offense Date/Time Disposition Date Court Case Number Entry Code
ABDUCTION OF CHILD TAKING 1/31/2019 8:35 PM
Yes that is the arrest date, not the date the crime occurred IMO.

Whew, glad to have that age stuff out of the way. It seems to me that unless SP and BDR knew each other before, it is highly unlikely that SP would go out her window to join a man she doesn't know, in the middle of the night, especially when she was traumatized as she was. Now, she might go out her window to run away with an older woman who took her down her driveway to meet the man in the car.

I would hope that SP and her sisters and brother are all gently interviewed and that their wishes in this are sincerely considered. Whether they want to stay together and most of all WHO and WHERE they want to be placed. Just because RP has proven that he is the lowest of the low doesn't mean that any of the rest of his family don't love those children and those children know better than us who loves them.
Has it been determined their mother will not be keeping custody? I haven't seen that, but I have been a bit behind in the news the last couple days.

Yes that is the arrest date, not the date the crime occurred IMO.
I would imagine the arrest warrant would list the date(s) of the crime he is charged with? Apparently the warrants are not public information. He was arrested in Dane County and now the federal marshal has him - will he be going to monroe county where RP is currently?

Although this all sounds really weird, I’m hoping she was actually safe and not harmed (again). I would think if he did anything else, those charges would have been included?

If there’s one thing that case has taught me is that if someone goes missing as a runaway and is later found, it doesn’t mean open and shut case. There could be horrible circumstances from which they are fleeing. Of course we already know how predators might take advantage of someone who is vulnerable.

Well, I know SP isn't with her mother. And LE stated all children were safe and at a confidential location.

So no confirmation that she remained in the home once she was located, is this correct? Would LE leave a missing juvenile with some strange 31 year old male? I doubt it unless the mother was determined to be safe and actively helping. An investigation of this magnitude, they would have to have serious confirmation that she was safe there to leave her there, jmo.

I think his charges speak the truth more than just legal jargon for taking her across state lines, moo. I think it will turn out this guy took advantage of/groomed her, moo.

eta: here I am feeling guilt for not giving him the benefit of the doubt, well why should I? In a situation like this he needs to prove otherwise, imo. He was found with a 14 ear old girl and he is a 31 year old male.

Yeah she may have gone willingly. So what, he shouldn’t be enticing a child IF that’s what this is.

Feel free to disagree, I could be way wrong here and if so I have no problem apologizing/eating crow, whatever.

Jmo.

Last edited:
So no confirmation that she remained in the home once she was located, is this correct? Would LE leave a missing juvenile with some strange 31 year old male? I doubt it unless the mother was determined to be safe and actively helping. An investigation of this magnitude, they would have to have serious confirmation that she was safe there, jmo.
Not that I can find:
MCSO: Monroe County teen contacted FBI in St. Louis while missing

A teenager who had been missing for over two weeks reached out to the FBI while an investigation into their disappearance was underway, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

A Monroe County teen who went missing on January 13 before being found in Wisconsin over two weeks later has since returned to Tennessee.

Investigators say the teen contacted the FBI's office in St. Louis, Missouri while the investigation into their disappearance was underway.

Law enforcement cannot say how they reached out at this point, without hurting the ongoing investigation into the teen's disappearance.

According to investigators, an FBI tip led authorities to the home of Bryan David Rogers, who lives with his mother, in Madison, Wisconsin - where the teen was found.

Bryan David Rogers was arrested and charged with abduction and/or child taking by the Dane County Sheriff's Office, on the same day it was released the teen had been found.

Investigators say it appears Rogers came to Tennessee to get the teen.

He was arrested 1/31 and she was found 1/31 - we don't know what time she was found - just that she was in the home. IIRC the lead detective flew up on Friday 2/1 (morning) and took her back to TN on 2/2.
MCSO: Monroe County teen contacted FBI in St. Louis while missing

So, unless she was removed from the home Thursday when they found her, she stayed there all night based on their flight schedule. I'm still wondering if there is some kind of relationship here to her - based on the early news articles saying she had relatives in WI - I posted the article upthread already. This is a strange situation IMO.

ETA - or she was removed from the home and placed with authorities. JMO

Last edited:
Has anyone seen if BDR has any ties to Georgia?
Gainesville, or nearby?
I can't help but think she called someone she knew in GA and they might be tied to the BDR in Wisconsin.
Maybe we will hear more today!
My grandson will be born tomorrow, in Gainesville and I'll be there!
I might stop by a local lunch spot and see if there is anyone talking about the case.
Moo

Last edited:
In my curious quest for info on kidnapping vs abduction, I found the following:

...Although, abduction and kidnapping were considered separate and independent crimes, they are not always mutually exclusive. In fact, some state statutes have used the terms “abduct” and “abduction” in defining the offense of kidnapping. However, both the terms refer to the unlawful taking or detention of one person by another.

Abduction is the unlawful interference with a family relationship, such as the taking of a child from its parent, irrespective of whether the person abducted consents or not. Kidnapping is the taking or detention of a person against his or her will and without lawful authority. bbm

Kidnapping v. Abduction – Kidnapping

So no confirmation that she remained in the home once she was located, is this correct? Would LE leave a missing juvenile with some strange 31 year old male? I doubt it unless the mother was determined to be safe and actively helping. An investigation of this magnitude, they would have to have serious confirmation that she was safe there to leave her there, jmo.

I highly doubt they would have left there. They would have taken her to a safe place in their custody.

I wonder if we will hear how she came in contact with BDR.

The more details that come out and fall into place, the more questions arise.

Authorities have not said who Savannah was with when she was discovered, but they have said she has relatives in Wisconsin.

Investigators say more arrests are likely.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says the next step is figuring out how they will bring Savannah back to Madisonville, and who she'll stay with once she returns.
Affidavit: Tennessee teen recorded adoptive father's sexual assault
BBM - early on - so perhaps they are related but still in trouble? I'm trying to find out who else live(d) in the home he and his mother shared...
There may be a connection to distant relatives through a marriage is what I am now thinking - otherwise the Mom should be arrested too - it's her home IMO.

agree with gardener and mcrazing. been looking into the foster system as i can't help but wonder how many homes in rural eastern tennessee would be willing to take in four children.

anyone ever heard of "youth villages"? they seem to be nationwide. IMO looks like more of a last-stop for very troubled kids but they do take in victims of abuse. i've never heard of it before:

https://www.youthvillages.org/foste...SL2RxRSGiFs0Vd1opYfX0emZXTtZG6WBoCnHAQAvD_BwE

My daughter in law works here. She loves her job. They work with all kinds of kids and families. She handles adoptions as well within this organization.
I also have a niece who works as a house mom, different organization for young girls/teens coming from trouble situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle