Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Missing Madisonville teen sought by authorities

A 14-year-old Madisonville girl has been reported missing as of Jan. 13, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

MCSO saying late Tuesday that SLP, 14, was last seen at her home in Madisonville on Sunday. She may have traveled to the Corbin, Ky. area.

Monroe County Sheriff's Office

TN - TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3

Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2019
  2. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

Jim_M, PommyMommy and zencompass like this.
  3. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Posts discussing the victim need to address her by her initials SP and this includes her first name. It would also help when copying information from a tweet or the body of an article to change the full name to initials.

margarita25, Jim_M, Ragnarok and 2 others like this.
  4. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Thank you MsFacetious and PommyMommy,

This case infuriates me as I am sure it does everyone.

As PommyMommy pointed out RP has a rather long list of pretty awful crimes.

Let's face it, the idea that SP's mother, RP's wife, did not know about her husband's arrest record is very unlikely.

The first thing I want to do when I hear about his past crimes is I want to bring the mother out to the town square and flog her without mercy.

How could she marry this monster and expose her kids to this danger right?

These are rhetorical questions and if we continually ask them, if we continually trash the mother then we won't get far in discussing the topic.

This is a discussion about SP and her adoptive father and the crimes that recently took place. Not about her bio mom. Maybe if she is charged then we can discuss her in detail.

Please do not turn this thread into only bashing of SP's mom

Can we all agree that there is a good chance she knew about his crimes and went ahead and married him anyway? Therefore she put her kids in horrible danger and should be charged? We can all agree on that right?

So let's not turn this into dissertation after dissertation about what kind of mother would do this.

I'm not saying you can't mention it but let's not make this the whole discussion. If it turns out all you do is tear mom apart then the thread will be shut down for good.

Remember, the topic is SP, RP, and the crime that took place.

Thank you,

Tricia

Choochoobella, lenolic, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
  5. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Hi Everyone,

We are asking you to please refrain from posting your personal stories. While they are interesting, uplifting and at times very tragic, it only takes away from the discussion at hand. Please stick to the topic which is the SLP and her father's arrest.

6. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

I am reposting my old post to underline the gray areas of the law and the mitigating factors which I believed (and still do) speak to why this particular law firm chose to represent B.D.R.

Marcus J. Berghahn.

I have no doubt that Mr. Berghahn contacted B.D.R. because this case could set a precedent. In my opinion, this case does contain "gray areas" of the law.

Information is now being available that is highlighting what I believe will illustrate the "gray areas" in this case. We were not privy to any of this information before now.

The possibility of gray areas and mitigating factors were the reasons which I, and others on this thread, felt that this would turn out to be an interesting case.

7. Harmony 2

8. Harmony 2

Please continue discussion here...

Jax49, margarita25, Jim_M and 3 others like this.
  9. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

The question is raised as to why the FBI in St. Louis. It would be one way to get SP out of the house for a weekend if BDR's mom was home from work. During the week, she would be there most likely from 5 to bedtime and much easier for SP to be out of sight but on a weekend she might have been up and down the stairs to the basement.
    Also, if they had gone to the FBI office in Madison, Wisconsin, it would have been more local and maybe they thought they would be more easily traced and found.

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

11. darring21

darring21 My comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc.

This has been a lesson to many to not pass judgement until you've heard the whole story.

TRB, teedie2, MsFacetious and 16 others like this.
  12. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

This is true.

But we don’t know the whole story yet!

13. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

Really good reminder. We need to "walk toward the sunshine" when considering a case like this and not immediately assume the very worst. And, to their credit, several folks on this thread did just that.

TRB, teedie2, MsFacetious and 12 others like this.
  14. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Exactly!

15. Trocroc9

Trocroc9 Well-Known Member

Interesting how the defense document states that according to the audio tape RP told SLP that “if she chose to off with someone else he would no longer force himself on her”. If this is true she listened and did just that and now he can’t force himself on anyone.

StarEyes, AbbeyBabbey, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
  16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

snipped
    Monday’s motion states that the home belongs to Rogers’ mother, who was unaware that the girl was at her home.
    Madison man charged with exploitation of Tennessee girl had reached out to FBI, lawyers say

This answers one question for me according to this report - Mom was unaware she was in the basement. I'm trying to think like this guy - I just can't - the first thing I would have done if I did bring an abused child to the home I lived in with my Mom would be to confide in her and ask her advice. But that's just me IMO- I am going to await all of the facts. I'm still very bothered by his actions from January 14 - January 31.
    ETA: from the same article - so he knew how Fedex worked and could easily have sent everything on the 15th via fedex IMO.
    Most recently, the motion states, Rogers had started a job with FedEx.

17. Cyber sleuth

Cyber sleuth Active Member

I don’t know if I would believe this statement coming from a man that is also trying to impregnate his minor step-daughter.

TRB, MsFacetious, StarEyes and 5 others like this.
  18. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Yes, but they didn't want to give away her location until RP was arrested, so they couldn't just put his home address on the package or have it postmarked from Madison, WI. It would have led LE directly to his mother's house. It makes sense to me that this is the reason they drove to St. Louis.
    MOO

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  19. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

True - I guess I am too trusting of LE - it just wouldn't have occurred to me that the FBI would be in some conspiracy to return a child to a home where a rape(s) occurred and it is on video IMO. I honestly do not believe he would have been arrested at all if he had done this immediately JMO
    ETA: and if this was given to LE immediately, they would not have needed to wait until RP was arrested since they arrested him so quickly when they had their evidence IMO. I guess it was a risk either way. JMO

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  20. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

I agree about not wanting to disclose the city it was sent from so that it was sent from elsewhere. IIRC FedEx doesn't ask for identification sending a package. Has this changed? A fictitious address could maybe have been used and gotten there overnight.

I think the lack of urgency getting this package to the FBI is the issue... about two weeks.

girlhasnoname, human, Jim_M and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.