AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears a brazen abduction attempt of a 12-year old boy transpired in Kingsport, Tennessee, on Thursday.

The child was mowing the lawn when approached by the perp, who followed him when the child retreated to the garage.

Google shows Kingsport as a 31-minute drive from Hawkins County.

Perhaps he is a POI in the disappearance of Summer.

Lest we believe a child abductor always fixates on a particular type of child – as to sex, hair colour, etc – I recount from my own experience this isn't always so.

When I was six, I was scooped up by a man on a bicycle, right outside the front garden of our home. I kicked, screamed, and bit his arm. He dropped me.

Later, he was arrested, and charged with murdering a 4-year old boy, the week before he grabbed me.

More than 70 years later, I can still see his bloated, red face, and stubby grey whiskers, and smell his foul breath.

58-year-old man charged following attempted kidnapping in Kingsport | wbir.com
How terrible and lucky at the same time.

It's a rather nice grouping of cactus plants. When I first saw the shared image of the flower garden, I envisioned little Summer helping by placing the colorful figurines in the pots.

And, then, she danced her happy little way into their home because her heart was pleased with her fine and dandy accomplishments.

This sounds so much nicer than what is swirling around in my head after a whirlwind read of the past thread and looking at some online photos. Thank you for that nice image, I really hope she had that moment of pride and happiness before whatever happened to her happened.

Moo... two minutes, givme a second, just a second, in a minute ....are all southern slang to express a short undetermined period of time

I don’t think it was meant as an exact measure.
I know if youre replying to me. I'm just saying that originally they said Summer went in and Candus went in two minutes later. The reporter on the live video says that it was Candus who went in, came outside and Summer was gone

I feel bad for the family. Social media can be nasty and judgmental. I’ve seen people post outright false information in public FB posts regarding missing persons and their families. A lot of people don’t read everything or take a minute to fact check.

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

The father is saying in the above linked article he believes Summer has been abducted. Here are all the quotes from the father in the linked article. The emphasis is mine.

<modsnip> differs from what the father said below, that the Mom and Summer had planted flowers and Summer asked to go into the house, and the Mom went in 2 minutes later and Summer was gone.

Donald Wells: “I was at work, but from what my wife has told me, her, and her mother, and Summer were planting flowers by her grandma’s trailer, which is about 20 feet from the house. Real close to the house. Summer, all of a sudden, said ‘Mom I want to go in the house.’ So she said, fine.”

Her three brothers were inside watching TV, and Candus watched Summer go in the door. Her brothers said she was going to go downstairs and play with her toys.

Donald Wells: “Her mom came in and said where’s Summer? She’s downstairs playing with her toys. She (Candus) hollered for her, and there was no answer. She went downstairs and (Summer) was nowhere to be found. She went out the basement door. The door was unlocked.”

Donald Wells: “She might be on the other side of the house. I went out there before and called for her. She came out from behind the house. She just has to be outside. She’s an outside type of person. She was gone, buddy.”

Donald Wells: “I was freaking out, and when I got home I drove up to the property, and all my neighbors were combing the woods for her. I realized then and there that she was not there. I knew right then and there that she was gone. She would never leave there on her own. Somebody had taken her.”

Donald Wells: “She would never leave. For one thing, we’ve got bears, and wild dogs, and we’ve got druggies who come around to other people’s houses all hours of the night. But this was like 5:30 in the evening, which makes me think someone was laying in wait. I heard somebody say that people track kids down on Facebook and find them. All I know is she is definitely not anywhere around there. Somebody has abducted her and took her out of the area.”

Donald Wells: “They have tracked down all kinds of people. They even had me in there with a lie detector test. It didn’t bother me to do that whatsoever. A lot of time the parents are responsible.”

Donald Wells: “Just trying to cope with everything. I’m talking to the police. I can’t be alone for some reason. If I have to I’ll go down there and talk to the police because I can’t be alone now.”

Donald Wells: “I have hope, but when you look at the statistics. Through our church and other churches, worldwide prayer is going on for her. Plus all the law enforcement agents are praying. We’re just hoping that God will turn it around somehow, some miraculous way.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot get past why the dog(s) wouldn't have followed her if she walked off. Wouldn't it have barked if someone was lying in wait or drove up and took her?
Picture of dog is on the right hand side of the picture,
Search for Summer: Photos of Beech Creek property where Summer was last seen | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Was wondering the same! I have a 3 year old grandson and my two dogs never let him out of their sight! They follow him everywhere. Maybe not all dogs, but the majority do love kids and is known to follow them. MOO

Also, a question is how did DW beat LE to his house being his work is an hour away.
Looking at the fastest route he could get home within 36 minutes

View attachment 301441 View attachment 301442

The first is the middle of Jonesborough to 110 Ben Hill Rd 36 minutes
The second will not upload, it is Rogersville PD to 110 Ben Hill Rd 33 minutes
The third is Hawkins County Sheriff 's Office to 110 Ben Hill Rd 36 minutes
Thanks for the msm maps.

It appears a brazen abduction attempt of a 12-year old boy transpired in Kingsport, Tennessee, on Thursday.

The child was mowing the lawn when approached by the perp, who followed him when the child retreated to the garage.

Google shows Kingsport as a 31-minute drive from Hawkins County.

Perhaps he is a POI in the disappearance of Summer.

Lest we believe a child abductor always fixates on a particular type of child – as to sex, hair colour, etc – I recount from my own experience this isn't always so.

When I was six, I was scooped up by a man on a bicycle, right outside the front garden of our home. I kicked, screamed, and bit his arm. He dropped me.

Later, he was arrested, and charged with murdering a 4-year old boy, the week before he grabbed me.

More than 70 years later, I can still see his bloated, red face, and stubby grey whiskers, and smell his foul breath.

58-year-old man charged following attempted kidnapping in Kingsport | wbir.com
OMG! How horrifying for you. I'm glad you are with us!

Am basically following only the news sites and reliable others , and not reading comments.
Just hoping for a break very soon.
It's been far too long already !
Hoping Equusearch will provide some answers.

Same. I rarely go to social media in these cases because honestly, once I read something, I can't unread it. It just makes it impossible for me to keep everything to just the facts. I check out the missing persons FB, the immediate family's facebook, and that's where it ends for me.

The way I understood it, Summer went into the house and 2 minutes later the mom went into the house and called for her and she was gone. Maybe I should listen again.
Go to about the 7:30 mark on that live video. She's saying mom went in the house while Summer was outside, came out and Summer was gone

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said the Wells family is cooperating with the investigation, but Don Wells said people on social media are still accusing them of foul play.

FnxnBOaJ

https://twitter.com/wbkotv/status/1406710949579472900

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said the Wells family is cooperating with the investigation, but Don Wells said people on social media are still accusing them of foul play.

“People don’t know what’s going on and they’re touting all kinds of stuff on Facebook and stuff,” said Don Wells.

Summer Wells’ disappearance isn’t the first time a family member has gone missing. The sister of Summer’s mother, Candus Wells, disappeared in Wisconsin back in 2009.

“Her sister went missing and was never found not a trace,” said Don Wells.

Don Wells is convinced someone abducted his daughter and that she is now far away from the woods where authorities are searching.

‘Summer, if you can hear me we all love you’: father of missing Tenn. girl speaks out

An interesting quote from the father is: "Me personally I’m pretty certain someone grabbed her, threw her in a car and left the area."

I wonder how he can be so certain his daughter had been abducted and transported in a car from the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500