AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also can't understand why Candus would throw her phone into the back of DW's truck and then leave in Grandma's truck to look for Summer.
DW stated that he was on the phone with Candus all the way home and also called her while she was driving through the drive-thru for precription. Why on earth would she then threw her phone into the back of the truck? I understand that she said that she couldn't get a signal to call 911 and Grandma's phone had to be used for that, but wouldn't she still keep her phone in case DW was calling her?
And that leaves Grandma at home alone without a phone. What if she found Summer, injured under the house or behind the camper or something?

A parent of four children - including three boys - probably has plenty of snacks in the car. It is much cheaper to keep a stash of snacks in the car than listen to kids beg for drive-through meals. If CBW was driving, her eyes would be on the road - not observing whether and at what time Summer tucked into Goldfish.

I understand the idea that low blood sugar = crankiness = some incident at the home, but it really depends on the kid IMO. There are many days when my 5yr old thrives on the caloric equivalent of a handful of Skittles and a slushie. Oh, and sugar = hyperactivity is a myth. Debunking a Halloween myth: Sugar and hyperactivity

JMO.

This isn't really true. I've followed several cases where LE has publicly cleared family members, both early on or weeks in. It just depends on the case and how the LE investigating choose to proceed.

Jessica Ridgeway's parents were cleared pretty quickly. Lucas Hernandez bio mom was publicly cleared after the evil stepmom tried to implicate her in his disappearance. Those are just two I can think of off the top of my head.
Clint Dunn - Hailey’s dad cleared fairly early in investigation

CW stated that Hunter called her as she was waiting on Grandma. Was he in the habit of calling Candus? How did he know that she was in town close to his home that day? Just thinking.

I believe that Snapchat has a feature where you can look at a map and see where your friends are on the map. Maybe since he was bored he was looking at that, noticed she was close by, and called to get him out of the house?

A parent of four children - including three boys - probably has plenty of snacks in the car. It is much cheaper to keep a stash of snacks in the car than listen to kids beg for drive-through meals. If CBW was driving, her eyes would be on the road - not observing whether and at what time Summer tucked into Goldfish.

I understand the idea that low blood sugar = crankiness = some incident at the home, but it really depends on the kid IMO. There are many days when my 5yr old thrives on the caloric equivalent of a handful of Skittles and a slushie. Oh, and sugar = hyperactivity is a myth. Debunking a Halloween myth: Sugar and hyperactivity

JMO.
One would think she kept plenty of snacks in the car. But this is her mom's truck. And she made no mention of Summer being given any snacks that day at all.

When she was asked if she bought any food at Sonic, she said no. She could have easily said 'we had a bag of snacks in the truck.' But she never mentioned anything like that.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
H said in his interview with CM he just wanted to get out of the house.
Wasn’t H’s girlfriend coming over to pick him up that afternoon also? I can’t remember the time but I thought it wasn’t long after CW dropped him off at his house.

Why did he need to get out of the house for a few hours before seeing his girlfriend?
There is a lot of weird stuff going on with the activities that day.
JMO

I don't care if LE told them they passed. I kind of don't believe in lie detector tests. So, only the fact they took them really matters to me and it's because of the way questions and answers are handled.

A person can't word salad a lie detector test. The questions usually are yes or no questions from my understanding. A person could still lie. And a person could say they don't know because they really may not know.

So, they have been asked (and answered) blunt and direct questions about this case.

I don't know what happened to Summer, and i certainly do not know how they answered their lie detector questions (as in honestly or not).

But, i believe they did answer the questions. And LE is acting as if they cannot learn anything else from these people at this time.

But, i know the TBI doesn't give up. They would question them every day if they (the TBI) believed that would help solve the case.

But, i agree with you, they've probably assigned someone to try to untangle the SM spaghetti. Maybe they will find something to help Summer in all of that, but i just don't know.

They wouldn't just be given a lie detector test. They also would be thoroughly interrogated unless they lawyered-up. I don't believe they did because an attorney would not have allowed all the word salad interviews with CM and others.

The data from their cell phones will have to be carefully analyzed and it can take a couple of months to get the data from the providers. It's a very time-consuming, tedious process. JMO

I also can't understand why Candus would throw her phone into the back of DW's truck and then leave in Grandma's truck to look for Summer.
DW stated that he was on the phone with Candus all the way home and also called her while she was driving through the drive-thru for precription. Why on earth would she then threw her phone into the back of the truck? I understand that she said that she couldn't get a signal to call 911 and Grandma's phone had to be used for that, but wouldn't she still keep her phone in case DW was calling her?
I believe CW was still using CH's phone while she was out looking for Summer and speaking to DW.

They wouldn't just be given a lie detector test. They also would be thoroughly interrogated unless they lawyered-up. I don't believe they did because an attorney would not have allowed all the word salad interviews with CM and others.

The data from their cell phones will have to be carefully analyzed and it can take a couple of months to get the data from the providers. It's a very time-consuming, tedious process. JMO

Yes, i understand. They were probably all interviewed at least a few times, the first time being 6/15.

Sorry, a thing i was working on posted by accident. So i deleted it.

Maybe she bought the food in a different store at a different time of the day?

Foodlessness is not a part of this case unless we make it so.
We don't know what they ate regularly.
We don't know that they lived only on junk.
It's a reach to suggest that because she recalled buying slushies in one store that that was their entire died eternally.

Ah now I understand your replies on this issue. It wasn’t intended to be a comment on lifestyle or diet, my interest is in the narrative of that day and surprising omissions. I wasn’t judging their food choices. I’m interested in how parts of the day are so detailed and others are so vague, and I found it surprising that food and meals were just not in there at all.

Edit: I’ve now just seen the mod post so to add further clarification: meals and specific items or types of food help to establish whereabouts at certain parts of the day. They are often indicative of routine and help to form part of a timeline of events. And tbh my inkling wasn’t at all that she perhaps just hadn’t been fed, but that details may not have been mentioned because they linked to being in specific places. For example, they may not want to say what she ate when they were out because it would put them in a location they didn’t want to make public. Could be a multitude of reasons really though.

Speculation and the usual wonderings, of course.

Last edited:
And that leaves Grandma at home alone without a phone. What if she found Summer, injured under the house or behind the camper or something?
ITA. Why didn't she exchange phones with CH? Didn't CW also say at one point they had a landline in the house? Such a call would immediately give LE their address.

The discrepancy is a huge red flag, imo.

I think sometimes it helps us feel better to think a child was fed organic, wholesome food. At least they were fed well.

I'm one of those awful people who showed up to a funeral home with a bag full of Chicken McNuggets for whatever kid followed me to the kitchen.

It's an individual thing and I think it should be left that way. I'm not convinced dissecting her diet from one day in her life is going to find her.

All JMO
Agreed.

I also noticed when mum was talking to the interviewer that she said “ Summer WAS very precious to me”
Note past tense
Most unusual because most of the time, parents use current tense as they have hope and believe that their child will be returned to them. Freudian slip there
IMOO

Wasn’t H’s girlfriend coming over to pick him up that afternoon also? I can’t remember the time but I thought it wasn’t long after CW dropped him off at his house.

Why did he need to get out of the house for a few hours before seeing his girlfriend?
There is a lot of weird stuff going on with the activities that day.
JMO
I'm really uneasy around the H narrative or H's narrative.
I cannot pin it down and I don't like to dwell on it, but I just get a really bad vibe, I can't even explain it to myself and I don't know whether or not it has anything at all to do with Summer. It disturbs me, yet I won't go there.

ITA. Why didn't she exchange phones with CH? Didn't CW also say at one point they had a landline in the house? Such a call would immediately give LE their address.

The discrepancy is a huge red flag, imo.

Possibly a reception issue or potentially because she wanted to keep the line open with DW while she made the call to LE?

I just had an unsuccessful search online to check whether warrants for data can be expedited in cases of Amber alerts.
I have a feeling they are but I'm unable to find the information. Does anybody happen to know or suggest a search wording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member