AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rescue operation is calling in helpers from around the state. No doubt the people who are there already are getting very worn out physically and mentally.

“Saturday, the Tennessee Association of Rescue Squads requested a statewide call-out for Sunday, June 20, to find Summer.”

Search for Summer: Tennessee Association of Rescue Squads requests statewide help locating missing Hawkins County girl | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Was just coming here to post this. They are really bringing in lots of resources to find her. Hoping they find her this weekend :(

So how real is the threat of a bear attack? I’m in U.K., we don’t have them so I don’t know

would they be hungry enough to lurk on the edges of woods and forest to swipe someone?
I’m thinking Clothing at least would have been found by now?

So how real is the threat of a bear attack? I’m in U.K., we don’t have them so I don’t know

would they be hungry enough to lurk on the edges of woods and forest to swipe someone?

Black bears are rarely aggressive towards humans. Mostly, they destroy property like bird feeders, trash cans and cars looking for food. Attacks on humans, while extremely rare, have been know to happen, but if Summer were taken from the yard by a bear, there would be very clear evidence of that.

JMO

If there is a bear that frequents the vicinity or has that as it's home turf (if it is a male) it is possible - it all depends on how much food for the bear is around. On the other hand, mother bears will be out and about with their cub(s). They are much more dangerous because they will protect their cubs from any perceived threat. In almost all cases a bear will avoid a confrontation if the bear thinks it is avoidable.

Black bears are rarely aggressive towards humans. Mostly, they destroy property like bird feeders, trash cans and cars looking for food. Attacks on humans, while extremely rare, have been know to happen, but if Summer were taken from the yard by a bear, there would be very clear evidence of that.

JMO
But agreed, highly unlikely and there would be evidence.

not much right now. They have plenty to eat in the forest, tend to fear humans and are raising their cubs. They would only come near if food were in their perimeter or they were trespassed on and needed to protect the cubs.
I promise you they will not nab someone off the road. You may see them near humans in heavily trafficked park areas approaching humans but that would not be the case here.
The typical black bears (tho they vary in color) are not carnivores.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if other counties are searching in their areas? I haven’t seen anything about this but considering abduction isn’t off the table, I am curious. I’m about 45 minutes away and have heard choppers all day. Maybe it’s wishful thinking and most likely unrelated but choppers this far out would only be helpful if you had a lead on a car or person. Any other semi locals hearing choppers?

i know Knox county sent out some folks yesterday and today.

“Knox County Rescue Squad said Thursday night
its team will spend the next 36 hours searching for Summer in hopes of finding her alive and well.”

I am just not suspicious of the family on this one. <modsnip> Dad was at work. The property is in a very rural area somewhat secluded and set always from a road. I think someone posted the nearest town is 40 minutes away. I just don't see a stranger driving or wandering around. IMO, if Summer was kidnapped it would have to be connected to a nearby property. What I really feel is she is on her property in the house or mobile home, or wandered off. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
My theory....

Mom took Summer and her friend for swimming without the boys. We often do activities with my granddaughter growing up in a house of boys.

Mom and grandma are planting flowers, weeding, I worked in the yard all afternoon, myself.

Summer was bored, ask to go home. She pops in the house, maybe tries to get the boys to play with her. Nope they are zoned out with video games. My grandsons are in online playing groups with their friends, they can even talk to each other, can't drag them away.

She pops downstairs, maybe drags out a few toys, looses interest or sees something outside and out the door she goes. Maybe a person, baby bunny, a fawn and off she goes.

Mom calls Summer, can't find her, they start looking. Neighbors help look for her. Mom calls dad at work, probably hysterical. I'm the mom that went from 0 to hysterical in seconds. Dad calls 911, 5:30 pm, beats LE to the house.

LE arrived 6:30pm takes the MP report. LE questions, family, neighbors, and searches homes. LE stated everyone was cooperative and no search warrants were needed.

Father believes she was taken. She just wouldn't go in the woods. Father nor LE have reported hearing a car, screams or struggle. MOO...if she was taken, was it on foot, how did they stop her from screaming? Did they take her into the woods?

LE is running down every lead, 44 agencies involved in search. LE/TBI are throwing every resource into searching the woods/ponds.

I've seen the most bizarre predicaments very young missing child get into, thanks to WS. When a 22 month old disappeared, of course everyone was sure he was taken. Nope, found 3 days later 1/4 mile way. He had climbed steep, treacherous terrain, and was sitting on a ledge.

I've experienced several miracle rescues. Praying for a miracle for Summer.

Moo....just a theory

Last edited:
I read that as well but assumed the rescue squad was heading to Beech Creek. Are you hearing choppers in your neck of the woods?

Apologies, I misread your comment. I haven’t heard or read about anything over here today (an hour west of the area) but I’ve been inside all day. About to head about a half hour closer and will see if anything is going on.

I was worried about snakes after hearing too much local folklore. So I looked that up too. lol. One woman had said that with the cicadas the copperheads were twisting to get them.
In truth there are only 4 venomous snakes out of 38 types and they aren't going to chase you down. They want to be left alone to eat mice and such. So, with the number of very low bites reported, this is another needless worry.

Last edited:
I was worried about snakes after hearing too much local folklore. So I looked that up too. lol. One woman had said that with the cicadas the copperheads were twisting to get them.
In truth there are only 4 venomous snakes out of 38 types and they aren't going to chase you down. They want to be left along to eat mice and such. So, with the number of very low bites reported, this is another needless worry.

We've got cottonmouths (water moccasins,) rattlesnakes (both regular and pigmy) and copperheads. That's it, and I've personally seen all 4 at some point in my life. Copperheads are the sneakiest in my opinion or better the likeliest to stumble upon. A "physical" snake didn't hurt her.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
The grandmother is mom's mom and apparently lives on the property in a trailer. The property was previously owned by dad's mother and after she passed he inherited it.

Donald Wells: “I was at work, but from what my wife has told me, her, and her mother, and Summer were planting flowers by her grandma’s trailer, which is about 20 feet from the house. Real close to the house. Summer, all of a sudden, said Mom I want to go in the house. So she said, fine.”
The Wells family moved to their Ben Hill Road residence 13 years ago to take care of his mother, who has since passed away. They inherited her house and have lived there ever since. Summer and the two youngest boys were born here.
Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member