TN TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells Missing from Rogersville, June 2021 #34

I noticed on the website, the author thanks the person who made the enhancements. Not from an official missing persons organization, then.
The source for the flyer of enhanced photos is the Wells Family Website, so clearly the parents gave approval for publication of enhanced photos. Website offered thanks to the caring person responsible for the photos. However, caring person remains unnamed.

www.findsummerwells.com

The source for the flyer of enhanced photos is the Wells Family Website, so clearly the parents gave approval for publication of enhanced photos. Website offered thanks to the caring person responsible for the photos. However, caring person remains unnamed.

www.findsummerwells.com

Yes, I read the blog entry. My point is that the picture does not look like a professionally done age enhancement, so it may or may not actually look like Summer. There's a process done by a forensic artist that is used by missing children's organizations. It's not just photoshop. This article describes the process a bit.

From the article:

McNally’s team of forensic artists digitally age a missing child’s photo on their computers every two years until they would turn 18, then every five years because a child’s features don’t change as much after reaching adulthood.

Our case managers work with families and collect photos of the missing child’s biological parents and siblings, ideally taken when they were the same age as the child would be now. The artists then create the age progressions, or “APs,” by merging features in these reference photos with the knowledge they’ve gleaned about how children’s faces develop and age over time, a process that takes about eight hours for each AP.

Yes, I read the blog entry. My point is that the picture does not look like a professionally done age enhancement, so it may or may not actually look like Summer. There's a process done by a forensic artist that is used by missing children's organizations. It's not just photoshop. This article describes the process a bit.

From the article:

McNally’s team of forensic artists digitally age a missing child’s photo on their computers every two years until they would turn 18, then every five years because a child’s features don’t change as much after reaching adulthood.

Our case managers work with families and collect photos of the missing child’s biological parents and siblings, ideally taken when they were the same age as the child would be now. The artists then create the age progressions, or “APs,” by merging features in these reference photos with the knowledge they’ve gleaned about how children’s faces develop and age over time, a process that takes about eight hours for each AP.
I think this is a really important point. Without knowing the source we don't know if it's a professional, trained in this field, or not. If it's not, then the accuracy is in question.

jmo

Doubtful.

I had considered it possible that she had wandered away, but the screams heard by neighbors point to an abduction.

She may have wandered down to the road and been grabbed by a predator who saw an opportunity, but it's also possible that she was stalked and grabbed at or near the house.

If she was grabbed near the house, it could have been by someone known to the family—and the dogs. The dogs probably would have barked at a stranger (but might not have if they weren't right near the house or if the perp had been loitering on the property all day).
Neighbors heard screams? I wasn't aware of this.

Neighbors heard screams? I wasn't aware of this.
News Channel 11 has the very first interview given by a neighbor who says the day the five-year-old girl went missing, she and her two kids swear they heard a scream shortly before they joined the search for a now missing Summer Wells.

On the watch and hypervigilant — that’s how JodiSue Brown was the very day Summer Wells went missing.
“While we were out at one point doing survey lines and there was a flash of a car that went up Candus and Donnie’s driveway,” she recalled. “Something about it struck me wrong.”

She and her family next heard a truck door slamming and dismissed it as their neighbors.

As far as I know LE never officially acknowledged the neighbor's story but it's likely they followed up with her.

News Channel 11 has the very first interview given by a neighbor who says the day the five-year-old girl went missing, she and her two kids swear they heard a scream shortly before they joined the search for a now missing Summer Wells.

On the watch and hypervigilant — that’s how JodiSue Brown was the very day Summer Wells went missing.
“While we were out at one point doing survey lines and there was a flash of a car that went up Candus and Donnie’s driveway,” she recalled. “Something about it struck me wrong.”

She and her family next heard a truck door slamming and dismissed it as their neighbors.

As far as I know LE never officially acknowledged the neighbor's story but it's likely they followed up with her.
I remember the lady being interviewed by a tv station. Her sons heard the scream also. Went looking for a hurt animal and kept listening but found nothing.

I think this is a really important point. Without knowing the source we don't know if it's a professional, trained in this field, or not. If it's not, then the accuracy is in question.

jmo
The info on the Red/Maroon Toyota Tacoma with full bed ladder rack,and white buckets is left out. Iirc LE hasn't found it,or the driver yet.

Statistically, what are the odds of a woman's daughter, and then granddaughter mysteriously vanishing 12 years, and 962 miles apart?
I don’t know about vanishing, but I know a family who has lost 2 out of 3 sons to homicide in the last 6 months. Before anyone judges, they weren't criminals. JMO

Statistically, what are the odds of a woman's daughter, and then granddaughter mysteriously vanishing 12 years, and 962 miles apart?

Very low, but remember that tragedies are not “one and done” and one does not immunize against a second. And they’re not that similar: Rose is a mother with documented marital woes who fabricated a meeting with a cousin, Summer is a child who accompanied her mother, grandmother, and family friend on several errands before disappearing. Now, if both Rose and Summer disappeared while under the watch of Summer’s grandmother/Rose’s mother, it would be a very different situation.

The fact that the difference is 12 years and 962 miles...plus the police stating that they aren't linked or similar....make it sound like a very sad coincidence.

I seem to recall LE stated they looked into it and discounted their scream story. I will look for a link, if anyone has it handy please post. Thanks.

I seem to recall LE stated they looked into it and discounted their scream story. I will look for a link, if anyone has it handy please post. Thanks.
You’re right:

Brown has been interviewed many times by investigators, bringing up the scream often. Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson doesn’t believe the scream is related to Summer’s disappearance.

“She’s been interviewed numerous times by not only my agency but the TBI and FBI, and we don’t find anything with that complaint or information related to this case,” said Lawson.
Plus, in the article the neighbor said they heard the scream about an hour and a half before they heard Candus calling for Summer which makes it impossible if the timeline is to be believed.

The neighbor said they heard Candus calling around 6 pm which means they heard the scream around 4:30 pm.

You’re right:

Brown has been interviewed many times by investigators, bringing up the scream often. Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson doesn’t believe the scream is related to Summer’s disappearance.

“She’s been interviewed numerous times by not only my agency but the TBI and FBI, and we don’t find anything with that complaint or information related to this case,” said Lawson.
Plus, in the article the neighbor said they heard the scream about an hour and a half before they heard Candus calling for Summer which makes it impossible if the timeline is to be believed.

The neighbor said they heard Candus calling around 6 pm which means they heard the scream around 4:30 pm.
From day 1 LE has leaned towards the theory that Summer wandered off, IMO, so they might have tunnel vision.

It would not surprise me at all if Summer was abducted around 4:30 and Candus didn't notice her missing until 6:00.

(It also wouldn't surprise me too much if Summer wandered off around 4:30 and Candus didn't notice her missing until 6:00, but I lean towards an abduction because of the red truck with ladder racks that has never been identified.)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back