TN TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells Missing from Rogersville, June 2021 #34

I am curious why this seems off-putting to so many?

(Also, aside--is anyone else having problems typing in the box now? I think it's all of the pop up ads? But I lose the ability to type my comments easily now.)
For me it's that it's sort of speaking to a 5 year old child the way you would an adult.
Talking about social media junk, stuff a baby girl her age wouldn't even understand.
It sounds more about the writer than Summer, who she didn't even know. Also odd.

jmo

I am curious why this seems off-putting to so many?

(Also, aside--is anyone else having problems typing in the box now? I think it's all of the pop up ads? But I lose the ability to type my comments easily now.)
It's a bit naf but not awful, clearly written by somebody that never met her.
As a tribute, coming up to her anniversary it's better than nothing at all.
I've not looked at this case in such a long long time.
I have no idea where or how her parents are or even if they are still together.
Does anybody know?
Listening to it though reminded me that they were chewed up and spat out by social media, we never even met them at all, just waffle..
Puppets on strings believing they had to respond to every single word said against them.
They didn't know better, didn't, wouldn't take good advice when it was offered because they lacked the ability to discern and indeed probably most people would not know how to respond appropriately.
It would have been better for all concerned and I suspect, for Summer too had they shunned all media from the outset.

Let's face it, they knew the lay of the land better than anybody, literally, the land.

The land must have her if she was not abducted.
She will never be found, will she?

You’re right:

Brown has been interviewed many times by investigators, bringing up the scream often. Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson doesn’t believe the scream is related to Summer’s disappearance.

“She’s been interviewed numerous times by not only my agency but the TBI and FBI, and we don’t find anything with that complaint or information related to this case,” said Lawson.
Plus, in the article the neighbor said they heard the scream about an hour and a half before they heard Candus calling for Summer which makes it impossible if the timeline is to be believed.

The neighbor said they heard Candus calling around 6 pm which means they heard the scream around 4:30 pm.
Uneasy about that and always was.
Why would she have said it if it wasn't accurate?

The video appeared on the family’s website that’s dedicated to their missing daughter. The video had meaning to them, it might have been comforting with the words about Summer being home, her swing, Tennessee, Appalachia. The family feels betrayed by folks online that don’t know them. I didn’t find the video odd. imo

For me it's that it's sort of speaking to a 5 year old child the way you would an adult.
Talking about social media junk, stuff a baby girl her age wouldn't even understand.
It sounds more about the writer than Summer, who she didn't even know. Also odd.

jmo
None of us know Summer and we've obsessed over her for 2 years.

I think I've figured out where the motivation behind the video came from. On May 7, the person maintaining the website asked for contributions to be made/sent in for a June 15th Honorary Program for Summer.
Be A Part : Summer 2 Years : 6.15.23 : Asking for your special way of honoring Summer

Edited to add: As per the post in February, anything on the website since Feb comes directly from the person who has been maintaining the website, not the Wells, as they decided to step back from social media/the website. So, I'm not sure how much (if at all) The Wells are involved or knowledgeable of any of the happenings/events etc posted on the site since Feb.
Transition : The Wells Are Offline

These are my words : the Family is focusing on what they wish to accomplish and media does not fit into that equation right now.

What Next? Since these are my media resources, I will continue to post ONLY things from myself in order to keep Summer Wells' name in the forefront. This has always been what I have assisted with online.. HOWEVER, from now on it will come only from me.. NOT the Wells. If it is written, it is me. If it is shown, it is me. This includes the website, the Youtube channel, and the Facebook page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230609_104127_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230609_104127_Chrome.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
There is a new post today on the site, I am so very sorry I can't cut and paste it here for some reason? If anyone here can do that, please do. 2.curious, chatteringbirds, Beach, kitty, MrsWatson or anyone? Sorry if I missed other regulars here in our Summer place. You ALL are wonderful! Xo

Last edited:
There is a new post today on the site, I am so very sorry I can't cut and paste it here for some reason? If anyone here can do that, please do. 2.curious, chatteringbirds, Beach, kitty, MrsWatson or anyone? Sorry if I missed other regulars here in our Summer place. You ALL are wonderful! Xo

1686340287492.png

I've followed the case off and on (more off, especially when CM was covering it), but that's hardly the same thing as obsessing over it. In any event, I found the video odd. Not a big deal.
I'm saying that the Summer thread has been going on for 2 years now, and many of us -- including me! --have stuck with it. I don't know her or her family either. The video just seemed like a poem/video form of expressing hope that the case reaches resolution.

I don't feel negatively about the essay/letter. To me, it's just another person voicing thoughts about a little girl we all call by name but none of us know. It shows the dichotomy inherent in following stories online, IMO.

I am the queen of TL-DR & would've found it more moving if it were concise and less repetitious, so part of me wants to say "edit, edit, edit!" But then I remind myself this is many months' worth of someone's concern & hope & fear - all pouring out at once. I'm ok with that.

I don't see it - wonder if it was taken down?

“All we know is that one of the police dogs followed her scent for the road and that’s absolutely all we have," Wells said in an interview this week. "I mean, there’s been no evidence of the so-called red truck. Also, whoever took her did not have a cellphone with them. It did not ping. We know that because they’ve checked for cellphones in the area.”

Wells said he and Summer were very close.

“Me and her were way closer than her and Candus,” Wells said. “She was all about me. If I was around, she was hanging around with me.”

Wells said his wife, Candus, is brokenhearted over everything that has happened.

Currently, Wells and his wife are staying with family in Arkansas.

Wells said he loves his daughter wholeheartedly and is thankful to everyone who has supported his family. He is still hopeful that Summer will one day be found and returned home.

Wouldn't it be difficult to get your children back from Tennessee DCS if you're living in Arkansas? Or by "currently staying with family" do they mean simply visiting/vacationing?
In my amateur opinion, I speculate the likelihood of any of the children ever being returned to D and/or C is slim to none. This is a very, very sad situation at many levels. <modsnip: Not victim friendly>

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it interesting that no other cell phones pinged in the area. It could mean (IMO only) no one was in the area when Summer disappeared and she’s somewhere on the property and hasn’t yet been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back