TN TN - Tabitha Tuders, 13, Nashville, 29 Apr 2003

Family, Friends Of Tabitha Tuders Hold On To Hope

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/family-friends-of-tabitha-tuders-hold-on-to-hope

It has been 14 years since her disappearance, but family and friends have continued to hold on to hope for the safe return of Tabitha Tuders.

In April 2003, the 13-year-old vanished as she was heading to catch the school bus. However, Tabitha never made it on board or attended school.

On Saturday, her loved ones gathered for a vigil around a memorial in her honor outside East Nashville Magnet Middle Prep. Holding a vigil has become a tradition on each anniversary of her disappearance.

"You wake up one morning and you kiss her goodbye and you don't see her anymore for 14 years, it's a nightmare," Bo Tuders, her father, told NewsChannel 5. "It has been 14 years of hell."

@@screenshot.gif

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/tabitha-danielle-tuders

How was Martin Tim Boyd not suspect #1 and ONLY?! Tabitha (bless her little heart!) left behind the key piece of evidence that was needed to nail this guy! She literally SPELLED it out for everyone to see when she wrote her initials and his initials together lovingly! Not only did he get away with what he did to Tabitha but he went on to offend NOT ONCE but TWICE again! 4 months after Tabitha's disappearance this man attempted to abduct an 11yr old little girl in Nashville! Somehow he was able to get out of prison even after that, only to re-offend AGAIN!! In May of 2014 he was charged with Sexual Exploitation of a Minor! Just to be be clear that is 3 separate offenses!

http://sor.tbi.tn.gov/sor_Details.aspx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Martin Tim Boyd

a5de70662606e6c4980d6a99d19ecd12.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How was Martin Tim Boyd not suspect #1 and ONLY?! Tabitha (bless her little heart!) left behind the key piece of evidence that was needed to nail this guy!...

RSBM. He is a good suspect, but I was lost when I read your post. He hasn't been mentioned on WS since 2003. Is there a reason you thought of him? Have police said anything about him in the last 14 years?

Thanks for bringing him up again.

This happened very near to where I live. I remember her being missing. I am only 2 years older than her. I hope this is resolved soon. Her family shouldn't have to live another moment not knowing what happened to her.

[h=1]Tabitha Tuders, missing since 2003, would be 28 on Thursday[/h]
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) -- Thursday marks Tabitha Tuders’ 28th birthday.

Tabitha was just 13-years-old when she went missing walking to her bus stop in 2003.
The family hasn't given up hope on finding Tabitha.
"We're gonna keep hoping we find her one day, " Debra Tuders told Fox 17 News during a 2016 interview .
At the time when she disappeared Tabitha has a birthmark on her stomach, a scar on her finger, and her ears are pierced.

If you have any information about Tabitha, please call 1-800-THE-LOST.
http://fox17.com/news/local/thursday-marks-missing-tabitha-tuders-28th-birthday

National Missing Children’s Day: Can you help find these missing kids?

Tabitha Danielle Tuders
Tabitha Tuders disappeared while walking from a bus stop in Nashville, Tennessee, in April 2003. She was last seen by her father earlier that morning before she left for school, at their home off of the 1300 block of Lillian Street. Tabitha’s father, who last saw her watching television at around 7:30 a.m. on April, said she was supposed to get on the school bus at the corner of 14th & Boscobel Streets at 8 a.m. Tabitha never arrive to school and when she failed to come home that evening, her parents called the police.

Age progression photos keep hope alive for families of missing Tennesseans

20180526_100527.jpg

She was a sweetheart."

That is how Bo Tuders remembers his daughter Tabitha who disappeared in East Nashville in 2003. Investigators have used age progression photos to keep hope of finding her alive.

The technology is getting better and better, enabling the public to get a glimpse of what to look for in missing person cases. There are dozens of Tennesseans missing in Tennessee, the youngest went missing at just four months old.

I saw this case featured tonight on ID Disappeared. 15 years of her parents not knowing what happened to her. I can't even imagine the pain those poor people have gone through.

I hope they get answers soon with the airing of this show. Maybe it will trigger a memory in someone. It seemed that people remembered things about this case years after she went missing and it took them a long time to call LE. Perhaps there is one more? Someone knows something.

Tabitha Tuders' family still hopeful after 15 years

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - It's been just more than 15 years since Tabitha Tuders disappeared while walking to her bus stop in East Nashville.

The day was April 29, 2003. The 13-year-old has not been seen since.

It's a morning Bo and Debra Tuders think about every day; a morning that changed their lives forever.

"I know where my other children are. I know where my wife is, where my grandkids are. I just don't know where Tabitha is," said Bo Tuders. "It is heartbreaking."

These are the most heartbreaking case for me. I had a child die, and I grieved and have never forgotten her, but I know why she died and I know where she is now. I cannot imagine what it is like for your child to just disappear at the hands of some creep and what she went through.

I don't know if it is a repeat but her case was featured on ID's Disappeared tonight.
Did a search last night on any 'updates' that may have happened since the episode was filmed. This was a new program but this story was done years ago on Unsolved Mysteries. Lots of information online not shown on the program. Those "business cards" found in a fish bowl are very puzzling esp when you read what was on them. The parents had also been on the Montel program when Sylvia Browne was a guest.

I have looked and looked and cannot find anything saying why LE thought the eyewitness who saw her get in a car with a black male, was not credible. I mean he saw her get in a car with a black man. That's who took her

I just saw Tabitha's case on "Disappeared". Gosh do I really, really feel for her parents and sisters. Tabitha seemed like a really wonderful, happy kid who was really loved by her family. And she was so proud of her good grades...words can not express what a terrble, terrible crime it is that has obviously occurred here, poor Tabitha. And nobody should ever have to go through what her family has obviously been through and goes through very day. I really hope Tabitha can be found. Herpa rents seem like really genuine, wholesome, good people. And her sister has been so brave and involved, making all those tshirts, etc...

My opinion and initial strong impressions are that this is clearly an abduction by a pedophile, possibly random OR by one who had seen her before and was living or working in the area at the time. My suspicions are that poor little Tabitha was probably deceased by the time they even knew she was missing. This is strictly based on statistics, but of course we have seen cases like Ariel Castro's victims, Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Duggard...Tabitha's family still clearly holds up hope.

Her sister said there have been many, many detectives who have worked her case over the years, and that they think the current detective "is going to be the one to solve this case." The detective also has a 13 year old daughter and is obviously very committed to finding Tabitha.

Tabitha's mother said she would never get in a car with a stranger and discussed an example on the show. So how did he lure her into the vehicle? Perhaps yielded a weapon. (ARS got Jessica Ridgeway in the car while she was on her way to school, he threw her in the back seat and restrained her with zip ties. I've stood in that exact spot and can not understand how nobody saw anything as all the houses are so close together, it was a busy morning with people walking their dogs, leaving for work and school...)...anyway point is, all it takes is a blink of an eye...it can happen and obviously does happen in broad daylight with people around.

My first thoughts are to research attempted child abductions in the Nashville area 5 years preceding and following Tabitha's disappearance, which iirc was April 29, 2003. So basically that's 10 years to look at; the detectives would have likely already done this). The obvious challenges with this are the perp could have relocated or even been new to the area or only temporarily there for work, but there is great chance he lives/lived in the neighborhood and had seen her walking before, moo. Of course, we also know these types of perps often seize upon a crime of opportunity, so there is a chance this could be a stranger abduction as well.

Back to researching similar crimes in the area during the time, one challenge that always arises I've noticed is that when I have googled attempted abductions in other cases, sooo many results are returned, and usually unrelated (it's like an RSO map that never fails to light up like a Christmss tree, there are so many...). But there can be a hit as far as prior attempted abductions, as in the case of Jessica Ridgeway when ARS attempted an assault on an adult jogger a few months prior.

I am looking forward to going back to read here and catch up on what's already written.

I want to see what other children have gone missing in the Nashville area during this time, obvious first step.

Last edited:
<snipped for focus>

My first thoughts are to research attempted child abductions in the Nashville area 5 years preceding and following Tabitha's disappearance, which iirc was April 29, 2003. So basically that's 10 years to look at; the detectives would have likely already done this). The obvious challenges with this are the perp could have relocated or even been new to the area or only temporarily there for work, but there is great chance he lives/lived in the neighborhood and had seen her walking before, moo. Of course, we also know these types of perps often seize upon a crime of opportunity, so there is a chance this could be a stranger abduction as well.

Back to researching similar crimes in the area during the time, one challenge that always arises I've noticed is that when I have googled attempted abductions in other cases, sooo many results are returned, and usually unrelated (it's like an RSO map that never fails to light up like a Christmss tree, there are so many...). But there can be a hit as far as prior attempted abductions, as in the case of Jessica Ridgeway when ARS attempted an assault on an adult jogger a few months prior.

I am looking forward to going back to read here and catch up on what's already written.

I want to see what other children have gone missing in the Nashville area during this time, obvious first step.

Have you seen Tabitha's Charley Project page? Tabitha Danielle Tuders – The Charley Project

A quote from Charley Project:
"August 19, 2003, almost five months after Tabitha's disappearance, an eleven-year-old girl named Heaven Ross disappeared while on her way to school in Northport, Alabama. Her remains were found in Holt, Alabama three years after her disappearance; her murder remains unsolved.

Like Tabitha, Ross had light-colored hair and disappeared in the morning hours on the way to school. Authorities are considering a possible connection between the girls' cases, though the distance between Nashville and Northport is great and so far no evidence has been uncovered to link the two cases."

So it's not in the Nashville area, but it seems LE have considered the possibility that other kidnappings could be related. There is also an interesting story at that link of a possible sighting of Tabitha with a man and an older teen at a motel. If that was her it made me think she could have been trafficked. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back