Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I could be wrong. It is just the boat/water factor that is a great factor. Seems every few months someone falls off a Cruise ship or someone bar hopping in a town near a canal or river ends up in it. Reading here long time.
Plus I hate to think there is another predator out there preying on women.
I hear ya, and I agree.

Wish we knew more.

jmo

Do we even know that Tamia is the one who sent the text to her mother? It was convenient that her friends had possession of her phone during the whole, “she left it on the table and went to the bathroom on the second floor” part of the evening.
I can't imagine anyone leaving a phone on a booze cruz or a bar.... It's mostly strangers and it would be stolen in a milisecond IMO. I hated those cruzes. I went once years ago in Boston Harbor and I was shocked at how many were vomiting over the rails of the boat on the way back. There was no registering on or off back then or even cameras monitoring the sides. But a booze cruz was thought to be a fun thing to do when turning 21. I hope she's found soon. How awful.

Yeah, it seems like LE is working hard to find Tamia but I find their methods a little confusing:

WREG asked MPD for an update, but they say they have released all available information at this time.

As the community waits for answers, they are asking people to light a candle or leave their porch light on to show support in bringing Taylor home.

As the investigation continues, police are asking anyone with information to contact CrimeStoppers at (901) 528-CASH.

They’ve also not mentioned that the ‘reported’ last photo of her isn’t even her, I still have not seen a picture of her from that night, is there one or is the wrong pic still the only one being circulated? MOO

They’ve also not mentioned that the ‘reported’ last photo of her isn’t even her, I still have not seen a picture of her from that night, is there one or is the wrong pic still the only one being circulated? MOO
If you look up her name of FB (or likely on other SM as well) you can find a short video someone else shot of her, extremely intoxicated, dancing and twerking. I'm guessing law enforcement correlated timestamp on that video with the time the ship docked, and that's how they decided she was onboard prior to docking.
I haven't seen any other video, or CCTV.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — As police continue to search for a Brownsville woman who disappeared after going on a riverboat cruise in Memphis, her neighbors are also seeking answers.

Damon Lee said Taylor and her two children moved “on the hill” as it’s called about a year and half ago from Covington. He said he attended Taylor’s party made up of friends, family, and co-workers late Friday night, but was told earlier something concerning went down.

“My neighbors and everybody else heard and said there was a disturbance. I don’t know exactly what happened but I know she told me Saturday morning when she texted me. She told me to come outside, that she was upset,” he said.

He said Taylor came over and visited later, excited about her riverboat celebration in Memphis.

“She came over Saturday. She actually kicked it with my mom and my uncle and we sat out here and played some cards and everything else and she said she was going to Memphis,” Lee said.

Taylor reportedly texted her mom twice Saturday night. But when the party boat docked, only Taylor’s phone was found near a bathroom on the boat. Since then, there has been an extensive search by multiple agencies with no sign of Taylor.

Brownsville Police were contacted by MPD to do a welfare check at Taylor’s apartment.

“The last report was she was out front playing with her kids and that’s basically what they see her doing on a daily basis, taking care of her kids,” said Brownsville Police Chief Kelvin Evans.

Chief Evans said he’s unaware of any disturbance at Taylor’s party and no one filed a complaint with his department.

Last edited:
He said Taylor came over and visited later, excited about her riverboat celebration in Memphis.

“She came over Saturday. She actually kicked it with my mom and my uncle and we sat out here and played some cards and everything else and she said she was going to Memphis,” Lee said.

Taylor reportedly texted her mom twice Saturday night. But when the party boat docked, only Taylor’s phone was found near a bathroom on the boat. Since then, there has been an extensive search by multiple agencies with no sign of Taylor.

Brownsville Police were contacted by MPD to do a welfare check at Taylor’s apartment.

“The last report was she was out front playing with her kids and that’s basically what they see her doing on a daily basis, taking care of her kids,” said Brownsville Police Chief Kelvin Evans.

Chief Evans said he’s unaware of any disturbance at Taylor’s party and no one filed a complaint with his department.

This stood out to me:

I could be wrong. It is just the boat/water factor. Seems every few months someone falls off a Cruise ship or someone bar hopping in a town near a canal or river ends up in it. Reading here long time.
Plus I hate to think there is another predator out there preying on women.

alcohol and water not a good mix
and some deemed accidents could be suicide
I don't think this is a suicide though

This stood out to me:

That is in direct conflict with what the friend said. Jeeze, we can’t even get a clean version of events, I’m not sure what to believe anymore.

Confusing story ^^^ told by the neighbor?

There were two parties: one at her place on Fri night and one on the riverboat Sat night. This neighbor attended the one on Fri night held at Tamia's place there on the hill. A disturbance occurred that upset Tamia.

My question is did the same people attend both parties? If so, which ones?

If you have seen the video of TT, I believe it was taken at the front of the boat near the side door next to the stairwell (on the left side not showing.) It has a pull sign and the doors on the side of the front look like similar to the one in the video. I still believe the bathrooms may be at the back near the stern.

unnamed-jpg.447846

This stood out to me:

Are you quoting the neighbour, who might not have a clue?

Just highlighting a sentence in the linked article. The reporter didn't cite it as a quote or give a source for the information.

Be careful then, not to take it as actual fact and let it confuse you. The sentence is likely rubbish because it doesn't fit in with anything else we've been told. These stray misquotes can start to take over and seem to be facts when they are just someone's misunderstanding of the story,

Be careful then, not to take it as actual fact and let it confuse you. The sentence is likely rubbish because it doesn't fit in with anything else we've been told. These stray misquotes can start to take over and seem to be facts when they are just someone's misunderstanding of the story,
The same can be said for anything we read in the media, if it is not a direct statement from LE.

I am quite surprised by no mention of Tamia's phone by the police. Normally in a missing person's case, the police would state if they had that person's phone in their possession or not, the last place the phone was located at, the last text or phone call made from that phone, etc. But in this case there has been nothing said to the media by the police at all regarding the phone.

Surely by now the police would have some information on when Tamia's phone was last active?

And there is "find my cell" function, or other ways to extract information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back