Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

I’m completely confused now. I guess I need to go back and reread what was posted earlier. But, she was reported missing at 10:30 pm?
I thought she went missing after they got back to harbor. Where did I go wrong? Maybe I need new reading glasses, lol.
Because, according to this, this was before the boat ever left harbor, right?

So since the coast guard is now involved, it sounds like they believe she could have gone overboard.
Yet in the beginning the “friends” claimed they didn’t think she got on the boat. Nothing is making sense.
Early reports had Tamia's mom reporting her missing sometime early on Sunday morning.

A couple of days ago one of her friends said they had reported her missing at 1.45am on Sunday morning.

Now we have the police saying Tamia was reported missing at 10.30pm on Saturday night.

If she was reported missing at 10.30 on the Saturday night then it almost certainly points to Tamia not having got on the boat at all.

It's all very strange and not making any sense at all.

Also of note: The very next post on the Memphis PD FB page is a picture of the woman The Mirror is claiming is Tamia! WRONG. It's a woman wanted for burglarly at a Motel 6!

Lazy lazy reporting, imo. Careless.

Also of note: The very next post on the Memphis PD FB page is a picture of the woman The Mirror is claiming is Tamia! WRONG. It's a woman wanted for burglarly at a Motel 6!

Lazy lazy reporting, imo. Careless.
Thanks so much for clearing that up. Apologies to all for my part I played in posting it. I wasn’t as careful as I should have been either. I knew it was off somehow but didn’t follow through on why my gut was telling me that. I’m sorry. It’s the last time I ever use the Mirror again. Count on it!

I just looked for the statement from Memphis PD, thought it's worth bringing it forward.

View attachment 447209

Thanks for bringing that forwards, MrsW! Hope you're doing well!

Two exits off the boat makes things a little more interesting. I could definitely see a scenario where the friends are waiting by one exit and Tamia goes and drunkenly leaves from the other exit and they miss like ships crossing in the night (no pun intended). Woud love to know what CCTV is like at the docks and what can/cannot be confirmed. JMO.

They said they checked the entire boat, so I expect they checked the bathroom.

"At some point during the boat ride, Ms Taylor allegedly went off to the bathroom and was gone for more than 15 minutes. “We all split it up and searched the whole boat while the boat was moving looking for Tamia,” Mr Jenkins said to Action 5 News."

There is a picture of the boat at the link. It appears to me that going overboard is very possible.

Thanks for the link and photo. ^^^

That railing looks somewhat short for a boat.
I get it that it's not on the ocean, but couldn't there could be some rocking from the waves of other passing boats, etc. ?
Omo.

Thanks for bringing that forwards, MrsW! Hope you're doing well!

Two exits off the boat makes things a little more interesting. I could definitely see a scenario where the friends are waiting by one exit and Tamia goes and drunkenly leaves from the other exit and they miss like ships crossing in the night (no pun intended). Woud love to know what CCTV is like at the docks and what can/cannot be confirmed. JMO.
The statements from eye witnesses, on seeing Tamia with the other three going up the hill and refusing the golf cart ride, hopefully is being checked out by LE.

I stand corrected! This article states that the friends did contact the police - i had read previously that it was Tamia's mother who had contacted the police:

'He (Kuandera) said at some point Tamia walked alone to the bathroom and was gone for more than 15 minutes.”I walked down there to the first floor and I was talking to Canesha and Shanquila and I asked them where is Tamia? They looked and said she was just right here. So we all split it up and searched the whole boat while the boat was moving looking for Tamia.”

Jenkins said the group of friends searched the entire boat and around 1:45 a.m. when the cruise docked, they called police and Tamia’s family. After a search of the boat and the bars on Beale Street Tamia was still nowhere to be found.

”I’m praying she didn’t fall off that boat. I think somebody snatched her or I think somebody [or] some people on that boat got something to do with it,” said Jenkins'.
I’ve been reading through the whole thread carefully seeing if anyone had posted this info. Thank you! In the very first post of this thread it states that police were called to Riverside Dr. in the early hours of that Sunday morn so I was reading all these posts of people saying how the friends had just dumped her and gone off and I was scratching my head thinking no no, she was reported missing just after the boat docked from across the street per google maps and previous info posted on page 1. Speculation is great but we have all the police info, cruise info and facts set out nicely on page 1. I don’t want to be rude or pedantic I promise, I just sifted through a lot of the same thing and it was all there in front of us. Anyway moving on, as an absolute party animal back in the day I was a wild one and going to the bathroom alone was a normal occurrence, clubs closing and getting separated from your friends and hanging back and waiting to see if they’re still there and then after a while thinking oh maybe I just missed them and they’ve left and they’re outside was also normal and hoping you’d see them outside. Now as a relaxed person if I’m at a table in a bar and I go to the bathroom I push my phone towards the nearest or most trustworthy friend and ask them to look after it whilst I go to the bathroom because sometimes you can’t just put your phone anywhere and even with a bag there’s nowhere to hang it or put it down. Maybe not everyone does that but some of us do. It’s not a crazy idea or so far fetched it can’t be true. JMOO. Here’s to hoping her family can get some answers soon!

1694803090521.png
Although the employee told WREG that there were no cameras inside the boat she was on, representatives with the riverboat company said they do not believe 24-year-old Taylor went overboard Saturday night. The company reportedly made the determination after watching social media posts

WREG also spoke with a woman who saw an “extremely intoxicated” Taylor on the boat, standing alone near the bar. The cruise company added that she made it back to the harbor, while a golf cart taxi driver said he saw her on Riverside Drive, with two men and a woman after the cruise ended

At 5 a.m. Sunday, her mother, Debra Taylor, told officers she received a text the night before around 9:30 p.m. that Tamia had made it to Memphis. Then at 11:39 p.m., she says Tamia told her she was on the boat.
*eta: If the friends‘ timing in their story is correct, and they waited until 11:30 to walk away, then how did Tamia text her mom so soon? I thought she didn’t have her phone. And, where is that phone now? It’s kinda running altogether…

Last edited:
View attachment 447245
Although the employee told WREG that there were no cameras inside the boat she was on, representatives with the riverboat company said they do not believe 24-year-old Taylor went overboard Saturday night. The company reportedly made the determination after watching social media posts

WREG also spoke with a woman who saw an “extremely intoxicated” Taylor on the boat, standing alone near the bar. The cruise company added that she made it back to the harbor, while a golf cart taxi driver said he saw her on Riverside Drive, with two men and a woman after the cruise ended

At 5 a.m. Sunday, her mother, Debra Taylor, told officers she received a text the night before around 9:30 p.m. that Tamia had made it to Memphis. Then at 11:39 p.m., she says Tamia told her she was on the boat.
Two men and a woman? The taxi driver was quoted elsewhere as saying he saw TT with two women and a man.

Two men and a woman? The taxi driver was quoted elsewhere as saying he saw TT with two women and a man.
*I did a search and Crime Online is the only one I can find that says two men and a woman. They got the story from WREG which I can’t find the original so I don’t know which one got it wrong. Good grief!

“Her cousin called and said he went down to meet her, and when he arrived he was told that Tamia was unable to be found. He asked them then, ‘What do you mean?’ The young lady then stated, ‘We do not know where she’s at,'” she said
*WREG is also the only one that reported anything about the cousin.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back