TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

Following up on this post for anyone who had asked about Tyre potentially having criminal record, or previous documented interaction with any of these officers - On his Fox News show on Saturday evening, Brian Kilmead confirmed that Tyre Nichols did NOT have a criminal record of any kind. I totally suspected this would be the case but, now we have confirmation. From MSM, anyway.
Wow some people went straight to victim blaming?

Thanks for this update, @Petunia83 !

I was thinking along the lines of Tyre had witnessed this group doing something illegal ... and they knew he'd seen them ?
So they decided to silence him ?
It felt targeted and purposeful, and not just a traffic stop that got out of hand, iykwim . :(
I think you are thinking too much into it looking for something that isnt there.
Interactions like this are not uncommon for some communities.

I think you are thinking too much into it looking for something that isnt there.
Interactions like this are not uncommon for some communities.
bolding mine.
Re. the bolded : How sad. :(

About the speculation : Yes, it might be a red herring.
I'm just trying to make sense of this, and understand why they went so horribly ballistic on Tyre ?
Thinking out loud.
Guess we have to wait and see what comes out at the trial.
M00.

Wow some people went straight to victim blaming?
Sadly, a lot of ignorant people in this country are victim blaming right now… the admins here don’t put up with that though, so anyone who has engaged in victim blaming here on WS have had their posts deleted, so that’s at least positive. I think other people were mainly just curious not out of blaming Tyre, but because they were trying to figure out if there was some sort of prior connection between one or more of the officers and Tyre that could better explain why they were so brutal with him… like I said in my original post, I think it’s just very difficult for some people to try to wrap their head around why on earth a group of random strangers could beat an innocent and defenseless human being to death… wondering if maybe one of the officers had it out for him for some reason… but it appears, at least in my opinion based on what I’ve seen reported thus far, that there is no connection between Tyre and any of the officers, at least in terms of prior interaction with law-enforcement. Again, I think some people were just asking a question trying to make some kind of sense of what is ultimately utterly senseless.

Last edited:
bolding mine.

About the speculation : Yes, it might just be a red herring.
I'm just trying to make sense of this, and understand why they went so horribly ballistic on Tyre ?
M00.
<modsnip - rude> I believe the experience of the people who deal with encounters like this.
It's why people are trying so hard to inact change. People just like Tyre are not looked at as human, just objects to be dealt with. In my opinion, its a perspective and culture that dehumanizes some people.

I have family that is LE and we dont talk anymore because of their open and unabashed perspective of some of the people they are supposed to protect.

<modsnip - no link>

I really hate seeing this happen so much. RIP Tyre, you did not deserve this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, a lot of ignorant people in this country are victim blaming right now… the admins here don’t put up with that though, so anyone who has engaged in victim blaming here on WS has had their posts deleted, so that’s at least positive. I think other people were mainly just curious not out of blaming Tyre, but because they were trying to figure out if there was some sort of prior connection between one or more of the officers and Tyre that could better explain why they were so brutal with him… like I said in my original post, I think it’s just very difficult for some people to try to wrap their head around why on earth a group of random strangers could beat an innocent and defenseless human being to death… wondering if maybe one of the officers had it out for him for some reason… but it appears, at least in my opinion based on what I’ve seen reported thus far, that there is no connection between Tyre and any of the officers, at least in terms of prior interaction with law-enforcement. Again, I think some people were just asking a question trying to make some kind of sense of what is ultimately utterly senseless.
Its so sad that if there was, those people would then say he deserved it because of a criminal record? No cop should be judge, jury and executioner.

Sadly, a lot of ignorant people in this country are victim blaming right now… the admins here don’t put up with that though, so anyone who has engaged in victim blaming here on WS have had their posts deleted, so that’s at least positive. I think other people were mainly just curious not out of blaming Tyre, but because they were trying to figure out if there was some sort of prior connection between one or more of the officers and Tyre that could better explain why they were so brutal with him… like I said in my original post, I think it’s just very difficult for some people to try to wrap their head around why on earth a group of random strangers could beat an innocent and defenseless human being to death… wondering if maybe one of the officers had it out for him for some reason… but it appears, at least in my opinion based on what I’ve seen reported thus far, that there is no connection between Tyre and any of the officers, at least in terms of prior interaction with law-enforcement. Again, I think some people were just asking a question trying to make some kind of sense of what is ultimately utterly senseless.
IMO if it hadn’t been Tyre that night, maybe it would have been someone else. They had to do something with that hate and rage. But why all the hate and rage?

bolding mine.

About the speculation : Yes, it might be a red herring.
Thinking out loud.
M00.

They are bullies using the badge they wear to cover their backside. I guess when they are all together its called mobbing. You heard them bragging after the fact, maybe the act itself boosts their self-esteem thus making them feel more empowered. Without that badge they are just men wanting more power. JMO

They are bullies using the badge they wear to cover their backside. I guess when they are all together its called mobbing. You heard them bragging after the fact, maybe the act itself boosts their self-esteem thus making them feel more empowered. Without that badge they are just men wanting more power. JMO
Bbm.
Yes ; "They" as in the Memphis six, imo.

I don't want to make a blanket statement about all of LE, so I'll consider Tyre's killers to be of that persuasion, but not everyone employed in that specific police dept.
I have to wonder if anyone else will come forward, who has survived a similar treatment from this bunch in the past ?
Hmmm ....
M00.

Last edited:
Following up on this post for anyone who had asked about Tyre potentially having criminal record, or previous documented interaction with any of these officers - On his Fox News show on Saturday evening, Brian Kilmead confirmed that Tyre Nichols did NOT have a criminal record of any kind. I totally suspected this would be the case but, now we have confirmation. From MSM, anyway.
I am not surprised

Bbm.
Yes ; "They" as in the Memphis six, imo.

I don't want to make a blanket statement about all of LE, so I'll consider Tyre's killers to be of that persuasion, but not everyone employed in that specific police dept.
I have to wonder if anyone else will come forward, who has survived a similar treatment from this bunch in the past ?
Hmmm ....
M00.

Others are coming forward

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member