TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

I couldn’t watch it all. I watched until they had him sitting against the car and had to turn it off. Why in tarnation did those grown men do that to him? I don’t understand the aggression to begin with. What were they afraid he was going to do if they didn’t control him?
And they are all out of breath from beating his so badly like they was just playing football how they just walked away so out of breath and how sick

Does anyone know if any of the MSM outlets aired this with subtitles or an accompanying audio transcript… it’s really hard to hear what is being said in a lot of this video, and to try to hear, I keep having to rewind and am forced to watch and rewatch one of the most horrific things I have ever seen… and I just can’t anymore… it’s getting me super upset and I feel sick, but I feel like it’s important to know and fully understand the whole story of what these animals did to this man… that said, if anyone knows of a transcript, or has a link to a video with subtitles, I would appreciate it. Thanks…

God bless you, Tyre… and your sweet mother… and your entire family… and all those who knew and loved you and are mourning your loss… and God bless anyone and everyone else who has ever been through anything like this at the hands of those who are sworn to serve and protect… I NEVER WANT TO SEE OR HEAR OF THIS AGAIN - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT HAS TO STOP!

I have no words for this… I am just sick to my stomach.

I agree, their backgrounds need to be checked very thoroughly. No doubt some or all have experience with physical violence. This is so abnormal it makes me wonder how they were able to maintain their job responsibilities. How can 5 people from the same jurisdiction have such extreme characteristics of rage and violence?! How can they stand by and let a person die?? That’s a different level of evil.

I can not watch past pepper spray and tazing, I felt his fear, he was running for his life. I turned it off. I agree with so many posts here, the introduction, them pulling him from the car was so abrupt and unlike ANY traffic stop I have EVER seen, or been part of. Yes, I've had a ticket or two. They freaked him out right off the bat, it's like they WANTED him to resist so they could beat him, like they were out looking for a fight. I have read so many posts from many places that describe a heinous murder that was brutal, just horrific. I pray for his poor mother, I saw her with the father and their lawyer on news channel. I can only imagine. I am so thankful she did not watch the video either, although the dad said he did, and she had to hear that he was calling for her at the end. Oh my Lord, I hope they have You by their side. He was only about 80 ft from his house!! Murder 2 in state of Tennessee is appropriate in my eyes. The terror, poor Tyre.
Yes, good post. Nothing was done to de-escalate the situation there was no reason to go in the way they did.

I also question do/did the Scorpion unit work in pairs? How is it that it ended up with 5 (I refuse to call them officers) of them on Tyre? Do we know?

And just to expand on this a little bit, I watched this interview last night between Cuomo and Reverend Hasan, who led Tyre’s vigil on Thursday evening. She said a lot of things that really struck me… and I think she’s on point about a lot of this… but they also discussed something that has been on my mind and bugging me and she had a really good answer for it… I’ve been wondering why on earth these officers would even think about doing something like this (apart, of course from basic humanity, obviously) knowing full well that at least some of them were wearing body cams, equipped with audio… And think that they could possibly get away with this? Why on earth would they do this knowing that the entire thing would be filmed? Would they not know in advance that if they beat Tyre like this, they’d pretty much be guaranteed a prison sentence? OR, at BARE (INADEQUATE) MINIMUM, lose their jobs? Well, she addressed this question very well IMO, and she opened my eyes to not only this, but other very good points, as well. Here is the conversation, I highly recommend…

Two schools of thought regarding not worrying about the bodycam footage being seen by the higher ups:

1) They were so high on their self induced adrenaline for a fight that they felt invincible. They may feel like it was a normal occurrence for them.

2) Their supervisors would approve it or at least accept it. If this is a systemic problem within that department I imagine they would feel empowered.

Either or both, it’s astonishing. They should receive maximum consequences for their barbaric behavior. It should be met with the same severity of their actions to Tyre.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

<modsnip> There are obviously problems in police departments but horrors like this don't happen with regularity (thank goodness): One of the problems is the type of person who wants to be a police officer: someone who likes control and power- and someone who is a tad macho-- not all people who want to be police officers have those traits, but a lot do IMO- as someone else suggested, there needs to be better screening procedures in all police departments.
^^ I agree with you, the problem is, it always has been and will it always be in the future, that police officers have to be chosen from the human race and with all the screening in the world some bad apples are going to get thru. Im sad to say but this kind of tragedies are never going to stop.

ETA I wonder if there is something happens (snaps) to a "good" policeman during there career that changes them into this type of predator?

Last edited by a moderator:
Found out that SCORPION is an acronym. I only heard S&C stand for stopping crime.
The SCORPION unit stands for Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods

SMH

From my understanding that in certain states a crime against an elderly person is automatically double the jail time, much like a traffic ticket is double the amount in a construction zone.

IMO If a police officer commits a crime such as this the punishment should automatically be doubled as well

Last edited:

Glad their names are out so we can look into them

^^ I agree with you, the problem is, it always has been and will it always be in the future, that police officers have to be chosen from the human race and with all the screening in the world some bad apples are going to get thru. Im sad to say but this kind of tragedies are never going to stop.

ETA I wonder if there is something happens (snaps) to a "good" policeman during there career that changes them into this type of predator?
One bad apple by himself can only cause so much suffering. When there is a Lord of the Flies type of behavior like this, I blame the system. They obviously thought there would be no punishment.

Many experiments have proven that seemingly the kindest people can turn awful when given unchecked power, esp with mob mentality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet they didn’t count on the pole camera… thank goodness it was there. I don’t know what to say. It’s just unbelievable that this happened.

That's exactly what I was thinking. At what point did they realize it was up there? It obviously wasn't during the beating but did they discover it that night or did they find out it was up there after the fact and thought oops, we're screwed.

Does anyone know if any of the MSM outlets aired this with subtitles or an accompanying audio transcript… it’s really hard to hear what is being said in a lot of this video, and to try to hear, I keep having to rewind and am forced to watch and rewatch one of the most horrific things I have ever seen… and I just can’t anymore

When I watched on CNN last evening, I believe there was the transcript, although I missed the first video where they pulled Tyre over. Here’s an article that quotes some, or maybe all, of it.

I couldn’t tell what was going on with the body cams, so I am really glad there is clear evidence from the pole camera. It was silent, of course, and chilling. I don’t normally watch violence, real or fiction, but somehow it seemed the right thing for me to do. Hard to explain, but my sense of justice required it, just as with George Floyd. I guess my thinking is “This is NOT OK and I will not turn aside and ignore what happened.” But I totally understand and sympathize with anyone who couldn’t watch it. I watched it for you, and you’re here, and you’re not ignoring it. Thank you.

<modsnip> There are obviously problems in police departments but horrors like this don't happen with regularity (thank goodness): One of the problems is the type of person who wants to be a police officer: someone who likes control and power- and someone who is a tad macho-- not all people who want to be police officers have those traits, but a lot do IMO- as someone else suggested, there needs to be better screening procedures in all police departments.
Do I think that there are some who enter the police force under the guise of wanting control or wanting to appear macho, sure I do but I also believe that there are those that outnumber that type of individual as wanting to make a difference in their community and have a calling to serve. MOO. The same can be said for teachers that become abusive, those in the faith communities that betray their beliefs, politicians that abuse their power, CFO's in financial institutions that take advantage of those that put their trust in them. It's frankly everywhere. But it's not every teacher, every priest or pastor, every politician or every financial CFO. These particular individuals, based upon the video's and audios I've seen disgust me and they do a dis-honer to every honorable officer out there serving in uniform.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd