Found Deceased TN - Veronica Machen Casciato, 48, Claiborne County, 6 April 2017

Something else strikes me as odd from the same article (http://www.advocateanddemocrat.com/news/article_7bd92198-32db-5699-bf01-ed5685ce07db.html).
I don't know why a couple in a parked car would scare off a hunter. One can't hunt that close to the road, anyway, and if I saw a man and woman in a Corolla, my first thought would not be that they were getting ready to go hunting. Doesn't make sense.

We only have one person placing the car there on April 6th. Also, I am kind of surprised park rangers didn't notice the car if it was there for a week. (Although I have no idea how many patrol the area, etc. I'm sure they're understaffed, but I still think they would have noticed.)

Another thing sticks out to me. The article states, "[The hunter] took down the license plate number, according to Jones, but before he could call law enforcement, he saw a story about the missing woman and realized it was her car." Seems odd to me. MOO, etc. etc.

Has this been mentioned before? The hunter who spotted her car said when he saw it, there was a man and a woman inside the car.

[FONT=&quot]“The hunter was going to his favorite spot when he first saw the car,” Monroe County Sheriff Tommy Jones II said. “When he saw the car, he thought somebody had found his favorite spot and was hunting, but he said he saw two people, a man and a woman, inside the car and decided to turn around and leave.”
[/FONT]
http://www.advocateanddemocrat.com/news/article_7bd92198-32db-5699-bf01-ed5685ce07db.html

That seems to be an important detail, but this is the only place I've seen the sheriff quoted as saying so.
I wonder if it was the man or woman sitting in the drivers seat?

I wonder if it was the man or woman sitting in the drivers seat?
It was confirmed by LE that what was believed to be her car with a man and woman inside was not her car

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It was confirmed by LE that what was believed to be her car with a man and woman inside was not her car

Do you mean that the hunter saw a different car with a man and woman inside? Or that the car ultimately found was not her car?
Is there a link so we can read what LE says exactly?

The first sighting that the hunter thought was her car with a man and woman inside was not her car. It was a similar white vehicle. The second time the Hunter went back her car was there and he thought it was the same car he had seen previously. This was confirmed by LE. I had found this in a statement but for some reason I can't find it now

Do you mean that the hunter saw a different car with a man and woman inside? Or that the car ultimately found was not her car?
Is there a link so we can read what LE says exactly?
The first sighting that the hunter thought was her car with a man and woman inside was not her car. It was a similar white vehicle. The second time the Hunter went back her car was there and he thought it was the same car he had seen previously. This was confirmed by LE. I had found this in a statement but for some reason I can't find it now

Thanks! I thought that's what you meant, but I wanted to make sure!

Hmmm....2 similar cars at the same place. The hunter also mentioned this was an area he hunted often.
I wonder if he chose not to get involved because of fear for his safety. Moo

Did anyone ever find a link that it was two different cars? I have not seen that anywhere. TIA!

Hi, all. I am also very confused. If he took the number of the first car and there was a couple in it, and he sees what he thinks is the same car again, and this time it is empty, wouldn't you think he would see if it was the same license number? And, didn't he say he saw it on the news, and wouldn't they have given the license number of her car, and he would realize it was not the same car he saw the first time, but maybe it was the second car? Isn't it strange that where he saw the car is the same place they found her car, or am I really confused and it is not the same place. Thanks to everyone. Katt

Confused!! \ (○•○)/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Hello Websleuths. Let me clear up the confusion about the hunter and the sightings of the car. After the news article was reported, the hunter was questioned by the TBI. Per TBI, his description of the first sighting of the car did not match findings from the analysis of the vehicle. We were told that, based on the hunters description of the first sighting, it could not have been her car.

Hello Websleuths. Let me clear up the confusion about the hunter and the sightings of the car. After the news article was reported, the hunter was questioned by the TBI. Per TBI, his description of the first sighting of the car did not match findings from the analysis of the vehicle. We were told that, based on the hunters description of the first sighting, it could not have been her car.
Thanks and Welcome Friends of VC.

Welcome, Friends of VC, and thank you for joining us. I see a lot of myself in Veronica -we are in the same age range, and I am also somewhat of a free-spirit- and am particularly eager to see her case solved.

I have a few questions. I understand completely if you cannot answer any of them due to the ongoing investigation:

1. Now that the TBI has determined it was in fact not Veronica's car that was sighted by the hunter about two weeks before her car was actually found, do they know how long/since what date her vehicle had been parked where it was found?

2. I think I know the answer to this one, but just to confirm: Based on this new development, is it safe to say it was a car that did not belong to Veronica in which the hunter reportedly saw a man and a woman when he noticed it for the first time?

3. "Per TBI, his description of the first sighting of the car did not match findings from the analysis of the vehicle. We were told that, based on the hunters description of the first sighting, it could not have been her car.": As a layperson, it seems to me the hunter would have realized on his own that the car he saw two weeks prior to the one actually belonging to Veronica being found -which would have been right around the time she was last seen- was different than the one he eventually called the authorities about (i.e., Veronica's). If you care to share, do you have any thoughts on that?

4. Has the car that ended up not being Veronica's been identified?

Also, if I may, I suggest you become a verified insider in Veronica's case, so that you can continue to post as a confirmed, legitimate source of information. We appreciate and value input from our verified insiders tremendously here on Websleuths, and cases with VI participation tend to attract more attention also. Here is a how-to on how to become a VI:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...al-or-Insider-Posters&p=13286128#post13286128

Thanks again for posting. By the way, I love the photo of Veronica with a flower in her hair :)!

Welcome, Friends of VC! And thanks to IMHO for the thoughtful questions. Friends of VC, thank you for the clarification. I also hope you will consider becoming a VI here. This website gets lots of attention (it pops up on Google searches for missing people very quickly), and we are a friendly, respectful bunch (kept in line by a great set of moderators.) I speak for all of us, I'm sure, when I say we really care about the search for Veronica, and hope you find her soon!

Wonder who or if she had friends at Lincoln Memorial University. Have seen times where an older woman will attraction attention of younger males when going back to college...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back