Today Show 9/30/08 - "Why Casey Is The Focus."

I love DVR!

Matt - Mom only person if interest. Police have not charged her with the disappearance. Detectives confounded need more evidence. Every lead goes back to Casey.

Video - CA telling DM that if it wasn't Casey she'd think the worst.

Shows texts, talks about Casey calling her a snot head and how spending the day with Casey is more exhausting then working a 12 hr event. Casey arrested 3 times since this started. Shows pic of girl with teddy bear and noose.

JB - as much as you want to villify my client, As much as you want to villify Casey there is no evidence she has done anything to this child. Anything whatsoever so what really should be the focus is to find Caylee.

Matt - The attorney says there is MUCH more to this but he won't comment on that now.

Ok, thats what I got when I went back, HTH's!

Just as Kasey has said outwit, outplay, outsmart to win the reality show survivor. (This was on WWW.Cupid.com) Her favorite show. It is easy if you had 31 days to wash away any clues or evidence and not cooperate with LE.

No physical evidence Caylee is dead? What does this mean in regards to the hair?

They know there are the death rings on it. They have DNA. They have Casey's hair. All they need are the hair profiles that distinguish Casey's hair from Caylee's hair. Time consuming/tedious but not difficult according to what I've read. Especially in this case with the distinct difference in color between Casey and Caylee and also difference in texture between baby and adult hair. Casey's hair doesn't look to be fine/soft as baby's hair.

This piece was lightweight.

Thanks for the update, BeanE.

I've not heard about death rings other than speculation. People keep saying they have death rings, but I would think Casey would be charged if that were the case...that would be solid physical evidence of death, would it not?
Now, say they have the decomp gases identified in the car and hair belonging to Caylee, but no rings indentified... In light of the fact that she remains missing and her mother has lied across the board, such circumstancial evidence strongly suggests she is dead. But perhaps not enough to bring charges...they need more.

I know they are working diligently and I still have faith they will get her...

So...... are they saying that the hair, the body fluid from the trunk, the hits from the cadaver dogs, the air tests from the body farm along with the huge amount of circumstantial evidence are not enough? Makes me wonder if the test results were inconclusive and that is why they are repeating the tests for the third time on the body fluid and hair.

Has LE conclusively said that the hair had 'death rings' and that Caylee's DNA was in the car or has it been 'leaked'? Because I would think they would be able to charge her then...seems odd...

--snipped--
Shows texts, talks about Casey calling her a snot head and how spending the day with Casey is more exhausting then working a 12 hr event. Casey arrested 3 times since this started. Shows pic of girl with teddy bear and noose.

HAH as if Casey would know what it was like working a 12 hour event! She probably doesn't even know what it's like to work 12 hours a month... except to post crap online. :rolleyes:

I've worked plenty of 15 hour music events.. they ARE exhausting! I also have a child who has ADHD and talks nonstop... the long shows are way more exhausting IMO. But then again, I am a parent who actually gives a crap about my child..

So...... are they saying that the hair, the body fluid from the trunk, the hits from the cadaver dogs, the air tests from the body farm along with the huge amount of circumstantial evidence are not enough? Makes me wonder if the test results were inconclusive and that is why they are repeating the tests for the third time on the body fluid and hair.[/QUOTE]

<I bolded>

Could be. I am also wondering about the reports of a body "outline" in the trunk- which suggests the position of a tiny body as it lay in that trunk. Perhaps they are working on solidifying this evidence as well.

Thanks for the update, BeanE.

I've not heard about death rings other than speculation. People keep saying they have death rings, but I would think Casey would be charged if that were the case...that would be solid physical evidence of death, would it not?
Now, say they have the decomp gases identified in the car and hair belonging to Caylee, but no rings indentified... In light of the fact that she remains missing and her mother has lied across the board, such circumstancial evidence strongly suggests she is dead. But perhaps not enough to bring charges...they need more.

I know they are working diligently and I still have faith they will get her...

The only things I've heard about the death rings on the hair are that it is a probability that it came from Caylee... not definitely.
I am not positive on this, but would they have to have DNA from the father of Caylee in order to have positive proof that it was her hair? Maybe that is why they are trying to ID who her father was.... just guessing. I'll got back and do some researching on this.
Anyway... I am sure they want to have positive evidence that concludes that Caylee is dead, and that Casey is responsible. We sure don't want them to mess this up and charge her now, only to have the jury acquit her. Baez will throw 'reasonable doubt' on it every chance he gets.

What they are saying, and by they I mean Jose, is that LE has not shown THEM the forensics, because at this point they are not OBLIGATED to do so, and therefore, since he has not seen it then it does not exist. He is just doing his job to muddy the waters and make this as murky as he possibly can. The FACT is that LE does have evidence, IRONCLAD PROOF, that Caylee is dead, but they are awaiting the final stages of testing to conclude before this evidence is considered in new charges. They DO have plenty, but as Jose has not had the pleasure of getting his mitts on it because they do not have to give it to him UNTIL they charge her for it, then to him it is non-existent...He is such a clown.

--snipped--

HAH as if Casey would know what it was like working a 12 hour event! She probably doesn't even know what it's like to work 12 hours a month... except to post crap online. :rolleyes:

I've worked plenty of 15 hour music events.. they ARE exhausting! I also have a child who has ADHD and talks nonstop... the long shows are way more exhausting IMO. But then again, I am a parent who actually gives a crap about my child..

LOL I thought exactly the same thing. What exhausting "12 hour event" did she ever work? Maybe between someone's sheets? :eek: :rolleyes: LOL

The only things I've heard about the death rings on the hair are that it is a probability that it came from Caylee... not definitely.
I am not positive on this, but would they have to have DNA from the father of Caylee in order to have positive proof that it was her hair? Maybe that is why they are trying to ID who her father was.... just guessing. I'll got back and do some researching on this.
Anyway... I am sure they want to have positive evidence that concludes that Caylee is dead, and that Casey is responsible. We sure don't want them to mess this up and charge her now, only to have the jury acquit her. Baez will throw 'reasonable doubt' on it every chance he gets.

mitochondrial dna is passed directly and in tact from mother to child-to each and every child she passes an exact replica of her own mitochondrial dna-the father's is not passed on...

I love DVR!

Matt - Mom only person if interest. Police have not charged her with the disappearance. Detectives confounded need more evidence. Every lead goes back to Casey.

Video - CA telling DM that if it wasn't Casey she'd think the worst.

JB - as much as you want to villify my client, As much as you want to villify Casey there is no evidence she has done anything to this child. Anything whatsoever so what really should be the focus is to find Caylee.

Matt - The attorney says there is MUCH more to this but he won't comment on that now.

Ok, thats what I got when I went back, HTH's!

Thanks for the recap! I had a lot of errands to run this morning so I missed it. :)

I would love to know more about the story JB is talking about.
If KC is so innocent lets here the rest of the story JB......

So does that mean that he and Casey spend all those hours in his office trying to find Caylee? :rolleyes:

I just think it's odd that they don't have 'conclusive' evidence that Caylee is deceased...and that they can't prove that .... esp with the smell and decomp supposedly in the truck....I wonder if by JB saying there is more to it....what exactly that is....

Thanks Pattyg for the video.

I was so sure I've seen LE on video saying we have hair with death rings.

My understanding is that they don't need the father, just the mother. Mother and child show up the same in DNA tests on the hair (except for the extremely rare case in which the mother is a chimera).

The hair from mother and child is then subjected to hair profile tests. This includes color, texture, etc. After these tests, they are then able to say, for example, we can all see that Casey is alive, therefore this hair, proven to be from a dead body, is Caylee.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back