Todd Black - Defense Team Says: "Loss Of The Life Of A Little Girl"

This news conference is one of two things either JB will say that the media has taken this statement out of context OR he will say Caylee is dead and KC is not the one who did it...
Should be interesting.

I guarantee that they won't say Caylee is dead. That's really their only defense.... that she is alive and that the police aren't following tips.

They will say it was taken out of context or that he meant to say . . .

He knew immediately when he said it -- he was screwed.

Baez spin is going to be a bunch of babble. The guy said what he said and there's NO WAY to interpret different. What a mess. (lol)

Go to the first post in this thread, there is a link to the video, where TB makes the statement
Patty G? Could you please make sure we have that one left intact by copying it with your handy cam? Thanks!!!

I believe they know it. I am not sure why they have taken this tact in this case. They better come up with a better story for this defense. Had this little girl been taken by someone and KC set up which is what the gp's allude to all the time, FBI would have gotten to the bottom of it by now. KC could have told them in secret and they would have been watching the person(s). It has been done in other cases. There would have been no reason for anyone to know they were on to them.
That BS doesn't fly...IMHO.
The jury won't buy it either.

LOVE IT!!!! All three local news stations are leading off their noon newscasts with this story.

SA spokeman Randy Means called Black's comments "intriguing." and maybe worth further investigation., I think.

OOOPPPPSSSS!

I don't see how Baez can not acknowledge this child's death, how can he or anyone else prepare a defense for her if they continue to assert that Caylee is alive when the state has clearly used evidence of her death to indict KC of murder?

He cannot go into court with a defense of Caylee is alive and kidnapped by ZFG when the state will be showing evidence of not just death but murder, he has to prepare a somewhat "believeable" defense in the face of that, right?:confused:

0:50 a.m. Todd Black said the comment he made to CNN Prime News host Mike Galanos on Wednesday night was edited and in reference to a comment made by another guest on the show.
"I said that in response to a former law-enforcement officer's joke about Caylee," Black said. "I have made the same comment to others in the last three weeks."
Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, has not returned calls to the Orlando Sentinel.

Larry Garrison, who represents Caylee Marie's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, said Black's statement was "an inappropriate uninformed comment.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-caylee-101608,0,7523378.story

There's no need to guess what will be said at the press conference. This is exactly what Baez will say.

I would, however, have expected to hear DA's announcement of an intention to seek DP before hearing any possible announcement or admission on the part of PR/defense. But who knows how these things are handled or what goes on behind closed doors. We shall see at 2ET NO MORE SPIN PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!! :banghead:

0:50 a.m. Todd Black said the comment he made to CNN Prime News host Mike Galanos on Wednesday night was edited and in reference to a comment made by another guest on the show.
"I said that in response to a former law-enforcement officer's joke about Caylee," Black said. "I have made the same comment to others in the last three weeks."
Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, has not returned calls to the Orlando Sentinel.

Larry Garrison, who represents Caylee Marie's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, said Black's statement was "an inappropriate uninformed comment.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-caylee-101608,0,7523378.story

Truthfully, I'm not surprised by this at all. His statement was taken out of context. I thought this yesterday before he made this announcement. It's all in the editing...don't believe everything you hear from the media.

LOVE IT!!!! All three local news stations are leading off their noon newscasts with this story.

SA spokeman Randy Means called Black's comments "intriguing." and maybe worth further investigation., I think.

OOOPPPPSSSS!

I sure hope they investigate it!!

There's no need to guess what will be said at the press conference. This is exactly what Baez will say.

I am with you on this one. It will probably be a denial. When I heard it on Fox I thought that we would hear a denial from JB soon.

All of her attorney's are relatively new with not much experience in capital cases.

This is just more proof of it.

As they say "Don't send a boy to do a man's job"

WFTV just reported that they caught up with Todd Black and asked why he said that. He was quoted as saying to the reporter " I did not say that on national TV. I was merely responding to someones statement on there". I do not recall anyone else talking but Mr. Black on that video. Who was he referring to that made the "Loss of a child" statement?

Larry Garrison also reponded to what Mr. Black said. He was quoted as saying and this is a *snip* "It was an unappropiate statement to say and he should not be working for Mr. Baez." WFTV does not have the link up of both conversation yet but I will post as soon as I see them.

I bet they (SA's office) are getting quite a jolt from that comment. They can use those words against the defense, imo. I don't see how TB's firm can distance themselves from Baez' defense team to prevent it. It is like trying to unring that bell.

Quote: I don't see how Baez can not acknowledge this child's death, how can he or anyone else prepare a defense for her if they continue to assert that Caylee is alive when the state has clearly used evidence of her death to indict KC of murder?

He cannot go into court with a defense of Caylee is alive and kidnapped by ZFG when the state will be showing evidence of not just death but murder, he has to prepare a somewhat "believeable" defense in the face of that, right?

Exactly what I have said repeatedly. ITA

Truthfully, I'm not surprised by this at all. His statement was taken out of context. I thought this yesterday before he made this announcement. It's all in the editing...don't believe everything you hear from the media.
There WAS NO EDITING! IT WAS LIVE! . There is no way possible to "EDIT" a live statement.

I was watching it at the time. There was nothing out of context and he was not responding in any way to either Mikes' or Lisa's statement (who he was railing on) about "the loss of the life".

Local 6 called Black this morning and he is claiming he was taken out of context and edited. Then Local 6 plays the video and proves it was not. heh

Black says emphatically this morning "I don't believe she is dead.'

Black also just called the Local 6 reporter a few minutes ago and said that Baez's PC is about his comments.

Fox news is reporting it now live!!

"We'll see if there is confirmation again from Jo...from..uh...Mr. Baez, her attorney next." is what the reporter said.

I missed the piece on FOX this morning, what did they say?

Local 6 called Black this morning and is claiming he was taken out of context and edited. Then Local 6 plays the video and proves it was not. heh

Black says emphatically this morning "I don't believe she is dead.'

Black also just called the Local 6 reporter a few minutes ago and said that Baez's PC is about his comments.

Do you have a link for that video? I would like to see it.

You're being sarcastic, right? It's difficult to tell via words on a screen!

It was on live TV that he said this. They don't edit live TV. And it was on CNN, not WFTV the, alleged, "tabloid" news station.

I don't believe everything I hear from the media. But, this one wasn't from the media. It was from the mouth of Mr. Black himself and he was the only one speaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back