Tom Bennett's Response to 48 Hours

If anyone coughed( or sneezed) in my six year old child's underwear I would want him prosecuted, even if he didn't kill her. Her blood isn't under her nails, so just when did she scratch at the panties to pick up this old packaged dna? It was on the inside of the panties, it was not on her person, it was not on the outside of the panties, please explain what exactly you think she did to get this under her nails?

sissi said:
If anyone coughed( or sneezed) in my six year old child's underwear I would want him prosecuted, even if he didn't kill her. Her blood isn't under her nails, so just when did she scratch at the panties to pick up this old packaged dna? It was on the inside of the panties, it was not on her person, it was not on the outside of the panties, please explain what exactly you think she did to get this under her nails?
What kind of conditions do you suppose the panties are manufactured under? Do you think they are manufactured in a sterile bubble? Do you think the factory workers wear sterile gloves when they handle them?

My understanding is that they were manufactured in a poorish country where conditions would NOT be good - i.e. a "sweat shop". I doubt the factory provided sterile conditions for their workers. Lots of sweat and germs. It's why we should wash clothing before wearing it.

According to top scientists working on the Genome project, "race" cannot yet be determined from nuclear DNA and so even if they did obtain a full DNA profile from the miniscule sample using PCR amplification, they wouldn't be able to tell if the donor was clack, asian, caucasian or a south sea islander! Since no match was found on CODIS, this intelligent investigator, who talks with the experts, will know he has to keep his mind open to the possibility that the DNA did come from an asian factory worker.

sissi said:
Her blood isn't under her nails, so just when did she scratch at the panties to pick up this old packaged dna? It was on the inside of the panties, it was not on her person, it was not on the outside of the panties, please explain what exactly you think she did to get this under her nails?
Sissi, you should be able to answer your own question here. If the DNA came from the factory, she could have gotten it under her fingernail when she wiped herself after going to the bathroom during the time she put the panties on and the time they arrived home. There would not have been blood in her panties at that time which answers your question why there was no blood under her nails.

The other thing is, the DNA didn't have to come from a the Asian factory, it could have come from the point of sale.

What do you think happens to all those garments that don't fit people so they leave them in the fitting room? They get put back on the shelf, that's what. A male employee at Bloomingdales could have replaced an open package of panties back on the department shelf. Or maybe some little girl picked out the wrong size panties and her father refolded them into the package and exchanged them for the correct size.

There are lots of scenerios that could have deposited DNA into those panties besides an Asian factory.

<<it was not on the outside of the panties >>

And you don't think a teeny DNA molecule could migrate through the weave of the fabric carried in a droplet of blood!

I know DNA profiles of laboratory workers who perform the DNA analyses are typically on file to control for cross-contamination.

But I doubt they checked the police officers/coroner's personnel. Yes, these people wear rubber gloves, but they were probably not in Hazmat suits, and everyone sheds skin cells. Just a thought.

sissi said:
Hey guys, he was hired out of retirement in the way of Lou Smit, why aren't ya' saying he's a delusional old man?

Because Bennet is OBJECTIVE.

Glad you brought it up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500