Tony Lazzaro's testimony

The best part is when ICA had to stand up in that ugly blue blouse and black sweater.
ICA looked worse today .........had to humiliate her in front of the X.............

Tony seemed somewhat nervous on the stand at times.....somewhat cocky but not too bad for a young man who surely knows that he is easy on the eyes.

Both Tony and Casey seemed to be having a difficult time being in the same room....there was some sort of strong tention going on between them.

Today when he was asked if he had a problem dating someone with a child...he made a strange face but then recovered quickly before making it obvious. That just seemed off to me. At his age I just don't see him wanting to be "dad like" material...not to say he wouldn't be a good day but maybe not his cup of tea at his age.

I do respect him for not letting her spend the night there with Caylee.

I'm sure he wishes he never would have met Casey. Poor guys life will never be the same.

It's possible I am crazy lol but she kept stealing glances at him and at one point (sorry don't know the exact time) someone from the DT actually looked like he was pointing to her eyes and then straight ahead. Like I said, it has been a long day and I might be off on this. As to her looking at him we know she can see the Jury. She had to look at her right to look at him. We he identified her he had to look to his left.

I agree he was a good witness. I think cockiness is caused by where he comes from and I think that he is sad and horrified at once over this trial. He was kinda into a girl that was totally into him, and I think now he sees how scary that would have been.

Or is his "concern" because the DT has to pay to bring him back to Florida in order to testify???? Wondering who's hardship he is worried about?

I was wondering about this today listening to the witnesses that came from out of state. Does the DT or the prosecution, whoever called them, pay for their travel and expenses? Airfare? hotel? ect??? If not, what happens if they can't afford to come to testify?

Tony came across as a pretty good guy IMO. He was and is hard working, He helped his friends out, he felt he should help Casey with the lock because he's the guy, and he must have never tried to get her to sleep over with her child. Casey sure had a snitty look on her face when he made the statement about breaking the lock since she's a girl. Not very wise, because there is a guy who's had his life turned upside down and been horrified about knowing a deceased little girl and there she is making faces about what he has to say after involving him in this plus mooching off him and driving his vehicle without permission. Jurors must have noticed that.

That is very true and I commend him for that. However, his mannerisms leave a lot to be desired. He doesn't come off well.

That is OK because it shows the kind of guy KC is / was attracted to:)
I dont know why but I kind of got the feeling he was using ICA and just planned to go back to NY when got back to NY. I think with her doing laundry, cooking, helping him lure people to where he worked and the sex
he just thought he had it made. He did not seem to show muchinterest in
Caylee when ICA was with him like such as: I asked her why don't we take your daughter to the beach, that kind of thing.....
I could be wrong but this is just my impression.
I do give him credit for wearing the wire, not selling stories, etc.

I was wondering about this today listening to the witnesses that came from out of state. Does the DT or the prosecution, whoever called them, pay for their travel and expenses? Airfare? hotel? ect??? If not, what happens if they can't afford to come to testify?

Im quite sure the State pays for witness flight, hotel, etc.

I am not too sure how it ended today with TL, as once I heard JB going on and on about a gun, a box cutter, a weapon...etc....I turned it off!! BECAUSE....according to JB's opening statement, Caylee had already drowned by this time.....stupid JB!!!

Oh I was almost nodding off once JB started with that nonsense!! I am just waiting for him to get to the part when CA stormed his apt looking for ICA, wow, what fireworks and shock that night must have been like for TL and the room mates.

I don't know if you can really judge a person by their demeanor on the stand. My mom is an incredibly nice, gentle, soft spoken lady and when she had to take the stand in my brother's custody case, she totally fell apart. She didn't come across as herself, but as a really nervous, twitchy, strange person.

She told me afterwards, she didn't know how nerve wracking it would be to take the stand and just tell the truth b/c it seemed like the other attorney seemed to be accusing her of lying, which she wasn't. And it rattled her.

I've never had to be on the stand so I don't know and I didn't watch the coverage today, but it can't be easy to be TL and be up there. We're so early into this trial-I don't think we can quite yet decide if the prosecution or defense is winning. This is the tip of the iceberg so to speak. IMO, his testimony is minor compared to what the state will be bringing up.

Tony's mannerisms are great for this case because he managed to show exactly how he felt about her behavior and acting as if nothing at all was wrong after Caylee went missing. He was only a very new boyfriend and there's no telling what she whined about or problem she made up for staying every night at his home. His home, his life, and his vehicle were taken advantage of by Casey.

I didn't get to see all his testimony. Did he say he didn't want caylee to stay the night??

Tony seemed somewhat nervous on the stand at times.....somewhat cocky but not too bad for a young man who surely knows that he is easy on the eyes.

Both Tony and Casey seemed to be having a difficult time being in the same room....there was some sort of strong tention going on between them.

Today when he was asked if he had a problem dating someone with a child...he made a strange face but then recovered quickly before making it obvious. That just seemed off to me. At his age I just don't see him wanting to be "dad like" material...not to say he wouldn't be a good day but maybe not his cup of tea at his age.

I do respect him for not letting her spend the night there with Caylee.

I'm sure he wishes he never would have met Casey. Poor guys life will never be the same.

I just watched a clip of Tony's testimony.

I think that Tony was a little taken aback when asked about dating someone with a child,,,,,,because - from his point-of-view,,,,,,a single guy just looking for some casual dating,,,,,,,,what difference does it make if she has a child?

I did not find Tony to be cocky or arrogant. I appreciated that he respectfully wore a tie,,,more than I can say for other main players in this case. I found him to be forthcoming.

I loved when Tony had to identify ICA, sitting there hunched over, looking like Granny Clampett in her frumpy ruffled blouse and dowdy sweater. Priceless.

jmo

State just asked tony what did Casey have with her when he picked her up to go to the A's for gas, Tony said Casey had a backpack. Why didn't state ask what kind of backpack, a childs backpack or Caseys backpack?

That was confusing for me, too. I think they should've asked him if it was her backpack? :waitasec: I dont know many women/girls who go around with backpacks...

No not today.

I hope they can ask him alot of questions tomorrow, he was the one living with KC. It will be very important. Also, his testimony about how she always went outside for phone calls, seems sneaky. hmmm
And of course, the Bombshell. The night CA shows up and drags her home. Lee shows up and gets her computer, phone, etc.

Watching TLs right now. Did anyone notice how Casey kept looking going back and forth from TL to Mr George?

My favorite part of TL's testimony so far is when he said he skipped class on June 17th because he wanted to "spend the day in bed" and FG asked him what did he indeed do all day and he answered that he was "in bed" all day with ICA.

So ICA was happy to see him and having a good old time on June 16th (per TL) the very day that Caylee was murdered/missing/accidentally drowned, stays the night with TL, has a love fest all night that night and all day the next day. Are the jurors really supposed to believe this was an accident with ugly coping? Sounds a lot like celebrating to me!

You could not have said it better... I agree with you completely. PROOF that her daughter being dead... missing... whatever did not bother her at all.

That was confusing for me, too. I think they should've asked him if it was her backpack? :waitasec: I dont know many women/girls who go around with backpacks...

I've seen lots of young women/girls use them instead of purses.

He was fine . He came across REAL ..real people get nervous .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back