Tori Spelling expecting again, financial woes and more

Per her Instagram post referenced in the above article:
Does she mean that the mold inspector she hired labeled the house as a health hazard and not livable, but they chose to stay anyway or that the rental was labeled that way prior to their moving in, but they chose to still rent? Is either even legal?

From the California Department of Public Health:
Mold
Probably more relevant, this from NOLO:
California Laws on Mold in Rental Properties | Nolo

Landlord Liability for Mold in California

There is currently no federal law covering a landlord's responsibilities when it comes to mold. Also, aside from disclosure requirements (as discussed below), California doesn't have any laws that specifically address a landlord's duties or liability when it comes to mold prevention and remediation. [source goes on to mention that municipalities may have their own laws on mold or other environmental contamination]

Mold Disclosure Requirements in California

California law requires landlords to provide tenants with a written disclosure, prior to signing a rental agreement, when they know, or have reason to know, that mold exceeds permissible exposure limits or poses a health threat. (Cal. Health & Safety Code § 26147 (2022).) Although the law allows for the adoption of permissible exposure limits, the state health department has determined that it's not feasible to do so. In fact, in a Statement on Building Dampness, Mold, and Health (issued September 2011), the department takes the position that the mere "presence of water damage, dampness, visible mold, or mold odor" in a building poses a health threat. Rather than try to measure mold levels or determine specific types of mold, the department strongly recommends taking prompt, diligent steps to remediate mold and address any underlying moisture issues that might be present in a building.

I get the impression that Tori and Dean may indeed have been advised that it was hazardous to rent there, or that it was already so labeled, but chose to do so anyway because they have had difficulty finding a place that will rent to them due to outstanding debts, other negative publicity they've received, and a large family size. Good thing they had renters' insurance, but I really worry about this family, that others will continue to try to take advantage of their issues, or have nothing to do with them altogether.
IANAL MOO

A few days ago Tori was seen being wheeled out of a hospital in LA after a four-day stay, with a bruise on her face, a bracelet, bandage on hand, and an IV.
She and Dean have of course split, and Tori is living in an RV with her 5 kids. If the bruise is not from DV or an accident, what else could it be from? The mold issues? Or something else entirely?
Mayo on easy bruising:
Other items from Google search:
74569185-12430085-She_captioned_it_Fourth_day_here_and_I_m_missing_my_kiddos_so_mu-a-198_16926...jpg74569227-12430085-Tori_confirmed_that_she_had_been_hospitalized_hours_earlier_shar-a-199_16926...jpg

Maybe some peace will come, if a divorce actually goes through. No one should be trying to make an abusive/unfaithful/or toxic marriage work. That way of thinking just destroys people.

Hopefully there will be some some true peace - and privacy - for the kids.

Well, here is the latest in the Tori and Dean saga....At this point, nothing that comes out of either of their mouths surprises me. I think they will be back together in six months. JMHO

Dean McDermott opens up for the first time since Tori Spelling split

So, he goes off to rehab to "work on himself". Leaves Tori with six kids to deal with. And now he has a new 32 year old GF.

The real question is why TS kept having kids. Did she think that another baby was going to improve their relationship?!

So, he goes off to rehab to "work on himself". Leaves Tori with six kids to deal with. And now he has a new 32 year old GF.

The real question is why TS kept having kids. Did she think that another baby was going to improve their relationship?!
She has a boyfriend too, I guess. They will probably get back together within six months.

Talks about how their marriage was always "plagued by financial issues...." while giving this interview in a "LUXURY LA rehab facility."

Mentions that Tori always viewed her dad's money as his money, (yah, sure) but the "only $800,000" inheritance is mentioned along with him commenting that Candy doesn't currently provide for Tori or their children, even though "that's her daughter!" But also mentions Candy has never had a relationship with their children/her grandchildren.

The article mentions they're both seeing new people. He only went to rehab just over this last Summer and is now residing at a sober living house with 8 other men.

Pretty sure that those in recovery are advised to NOT begin dating until they have been sober for a year. Being in a new relationship at this point probably isn't a good idea yet just as with his first failed marriage, he was quick to immediately jump into a marriage with Tori.... too quick actually, as both were married. He needs to learn how to exist as a single man on his own. He depends on relationships the same way women are often accused of "not being able to exist without a man"

I don't blame Candy for not helping out Tori (and Dean when they were still together) financially. Tori has always been terrible with money and felt entitled to keep up with the Hollywood Jones's without the income for it. Dean was no better. It always seemed to be Tori who was bringing home the bacon, not Dean. It wouldn't matter if Candy gave them $1, $100,000 or $10 million dollars- they would continue to spend more than they have or can realistically afford. She's been waiting for Tori to learn to manage her income more responsibly and if it hasn't happened yet by age 50, it likely never will.

The luxury rehab in LA probably isn't the best choice of facility if you've already been plagued by money troubles the last 2 decades. Getting help with addiction is great, but you don't have to go to a place you cannot afford to get the help you desperately need. Not surprisingly, he hasn't learned from his past financial difficulties either.

But Candy won't pay for the grandkids she doesn't even have a relationship with! It's Dean's responsibility to provide for them. Not Grandmas.

18 years, she finally decides it was a train wreck. Big news, Tori Spelling divorces Dean McDermott!

How is it that most of us, who know neither of these people in real life, saw this coming almost from the get go?

How is it that most of us, who know neither of these people in real life, saw this coming almost from the get go?

The saddest part of the article is when she states that she feels "So alone". How can anyone be lonely with five kids?! And feeling lonely, it seems like she was alone for most of her marriage...

At the start of the podcast, Spelling nervously tells listeners she is about to call McDermott and inform him about the divorce filing. "I don't know what feels more like a punch in the stomach: that it's out there and it's final, or that I have to call him right now," she says. "He's at work, you guys. This sucks."

I'm not sure whether I respect her grind/her ability to make money from anything/everything from her life in order to provide for her large family

or if I think she's very pathetic for making this call during her Podcast instead of allowing it to be a private Conversation for the sake of her kids.

The saddest part of the article is when she states that she feels "So alone". How can anyone be lonely with five kids?! And feeling lonely, it seems like she was alone for most of her marriage...
Yep! The loneliness that comes with an abusive relationship is far worse than anything I've ever experienced 'alone'.

I think she should have informed him privately. But, after seeing these two in action, I guess that was too much to expect. This was a train wreck that any one with half a brain could have seen coming. I think the judge in the divorce case should slam a gag order on both of them. They need to keep quiet for their children's well-being.

I think she should have informed him privately. But, after seeing these two in action, I guess that was too much to expect. This was a train wreck that any one with half a brain could have seen coming. I think the judge in the divorce case should slam a gag order on both of them. They need to keep quiet for their children's well-being.

That won't happen. I predict that this divorce may last almost as long as the marriage. Drama, drag each other through the mud. The only "good" thing here is that McDermott won't leave this marriage with a boatload of cash.

How does he pay child support from his luxury vacation? I mean, substance abuse treatment.

That won't happen. I predict that this divorce may last almost as long as the marriage. Drama, drag each other through the mud. The only "good" thing here is that McDermott won't leave this marriage with a boatload of cash.

How does he pay child support from his luxury vacation? I mean, substance abuse treatment.
BBM: Oh, I am sure he doesn't. Why would he do that? He thinks Candy should support his family. I can't stand either one of them and I think you are right, this divorce will probably last as long as the marriage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey
Back