Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more popoju! I am certainly guilty :blushing: but to tape someone, is just beyond me.

I am from the deep south, from Mississippi, but I have been to Montreal and Quebec....and I loved both places :greetings:

:newhere: and of course :moo:
WELCOME TO WS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes i know...the only things that i taped were boxes not humans LOL:great:

Discuss the case and not each other. I'm getting alerts. I'll see if I can find Nursebeeme and make sure she has some nice long fat needles on her when she comes in. :kimsterwink:

she sounded VERY surprised when flores told her about the camera. if i recall correctly, her response was 'OH....' and then another 'OH.'

i think she may have thought he was lying to her until he started describing what those pictures showed. yeah, talk about a big 'CRAP!' moment!!

And, instead of her thoughts being one step ahead, suddenly she was one step behind. Her mind had to race through "where was the camera?" "where did I leave it?" "when did I last see it?" "where could they have found it?" ... all while simultaneously, Flores is still asking questions. She definitely had to play catch-up for a few minutes.

I have thought about Jodi and the death ride.

She has planned this out as we all know with the gas cans, etc.

She is going to kill. TA. I think he does have a chance to redeem himself.

She stops and visits her old boyfriend and child as if nothing is on her mind. Just wow.

I still maintain that there was some kind of weird attraction because TA was not that fancy. The house is not that big if a deal. He had roommates.

She saw real wealth in Monterey. She could have had some really rich guy very easily.

I have seen it over and over again myself with well to do men and younger sexy women. No problem. Vacations , jet setting all over the world , going to multiple homes. Fabulous gifts of jewelry.

I bet she saw plenty of that in Monterey. I bet there were guys hitting on her all of the time.

She had something as well. Her BF of four years dropped his manager position to waiter so he could be with her. He does not appear to hate her even though she left him.

Another guy said that he would leave his wife after two hours of being with her.

It seems like the Freeman guy was enamored of her.

Ryan Burns was really a hot looking guy too at that time.

Me too. I tossed and turned all night. I wish Id had bad dreams because that would mean I was asleep! My mind was whirling and whirling...

They are talking about the trial on tv here - I hear it in the other room. Another local attorney is saying the "secret items"are "more sexual items and innuendo supporting their claim of the sexual elements of this crime". Oh brother!

i have faith that whatever they think they have it will still be nothing compared to what kids post on the fb pages or on youtube now a days - not even enuff for a dr phil show - i think they are just posturing for their lack of evidence

I can't remember and don't want to look it up. Did she say her art was suppose to be Grace Kelly etc? It looked crappy to me. Even if I was a JA believer I would not buy that crap. jmo

eta: Why would the family be changing to Amazon is what I am wondering, if they are even.

i think there is a lot of fake bidders on ebay - running up the bid and not paying so that they can't profit

bedroom_evidence_photo_4_-_qp1_0.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...13/01/04/bedroom_evidence_photo_4_-_qp1_0.jpg

What's with the carpet topped flip flops? Homemade? TIA

Located in TA's bedroom, near foot of bed.

i have a pair - they are sooo comfy :) - and they think that also where the fiber came from

Discuss the case and not each other. I'm getting alerts. I'll see if I can find Nursebeeme and make sure she has some nice long fat needles on her when she comes in. :kimsterwink:

:nurse:

I don't know if they can prove that TA did NOT give consent for taping.

I can see that she may want to replay those intimate moments over and over again, so I don't see anything unusual about the taping.

But really, now everyone is going to hear those private moments.

This trial needs to be over. I would be so sick over the reveal of these private images and all the rest of it if it was a friend or relative.

She is so guilty. Just call it a day. Or are people holding out for the book and the movie and an end to the trial would stop all of that ka ching?

I think tomorrow I may swing by the Drug Store. Purchase some Gravol for the sick tummy feeling I think I will have next week. I'm dreading it for Travis's Family :rose:

I think tomorrow I may swing by the Drug Store. Purchase some Gravol for the sick tummy feeling I think I will have next week. I'm dreading it for Travis's Family :rose:

That is why I wish this trial was over.

I am interested in how this is all going to go down, but really, if it was someone I knew, I think I would be out there with a picket sign demanding an end to this

I agree with you. Early on I saw coverage of this crime and at times TA was described as a millionaire wealthy motivational speaker (they all left out the Multi Level Marketing job) The house was very conservative/modest compared to some Arizona homes, California homes and certainly homes and lifestyle in Monterey California. (and roommates no less, probably all PrePaid Legal agents, my guess is his circle was comprised of 99.9% in the same company PPL/LS as it is frowned upon to surround yourself with non believers if you will indulge me on that notion)

I would challenge the notion he was wealthy. And the success he had at the MLM would be short lived. What I do see after reading his blog is that I believe he would have gone on to continue motivational speaking, writing books and in time he sure had the passion to be very successful at that. I think because that comes from the heart.

I have my own theories about what got her so attracted and obsessed with him. Not earth shaking revelations.

snip***

I still maintain that there was some kind of weird attraction because TA was not that fancy. The house is not that big if a deal. He had roommates.

She saw real wealth in Monterey. She could have had some really rich guy very easily.snip*** .

At age 30, Travis was already a homeowner. Yes, he did have roommates, but it was a beautifully kept home. Jodi was living in her grandparents' bedroom. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

Here is Travis' bedroom:

bedroom_evidence_photo_1_-_qp1.jpg

slide_273021_1947078_free.jpg

bedroom_evidence_photo_3_-_qp1_0.jpg

Here is Jodi's bedroom:

slide_273021_1967356_free.jpg

I agree with you. Early on I saw coverage of this crime and at times TA was described as a millionaire wealthy motivational speaker (they all left out the Multi Level Marketing job) The house was very conservative/modest compared to some Arizona homes, California homes and certainly homes and lifestyle in Monterey California. (and roommates no less, probably all PrePaid Legal agents, my guess is his circle was comprised of 99.9% in the same company PPL/LS as it is frowned upon to surround yourself with non believers if you will indulge me on that notion)

I would challenge the notion he was wealthy. And the success he had at the MLM would be short lived. What I do see after reading his blog is that I believe he would have gone on to continue motivational speaking, writing books and in time he sure had the passion to be very successful at that. I think because that comes from the heart.

I have my own theories about what got her so attracted and obsessed with him. Not earth shaking revelations.

did you read in his blog shortly b4 he passed when he met that gentleman who was they motivational speaker that was born w/ no arms and no legs - i can't remember his name - but i have seen him speak and he is amazing (i put him on the same level w/ "The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch") - i think he would have had an profound impact on TA's life :(

Travis did have a nice home and well appointed. A great start for a young man when many today are not able to manage a mortgage.

Agree about TA not being THAT great a catch. I only say that trying to understand what the attraction was.

yes, compared to her own living situation his was far better. Many people are home owners by age 30. And the specifics always tell the full picture. Homes are often purchased for no money down. I am one that thrives on truth and honesty, I am not a fan of embellishing or exaggerating from either side to bolster the emotions, just the facts, they usually carry you right through.. Truth and Facts. A home can be furnished with a charge card. I am not saying that was the case here, but as I always say...

It's in the details.

I do wonder had Travis married Jodi if he would have been a stepping stone to her. Would she have moved on had she snagged somebody wealthier? Guess we will never know. Based on the relationship she left to pursure Travis I think she would have moved on. Especially if Travis didn't meet her expectation of wealth. IMO

Wanting to comment on several things I read in the last thread. Can't remember the posters names discussing certain things, so apologies.

Regarding the duct tape, I am pretty sure I saw it on his arm one of the photos of TA on the bed. Duct tape is used as a symbol in a sort of ritual to express the importance of chastity before marriage. Here is a link, if anyone is interested in exploring this.

http://www.reapteam.org/duct-tape

One theory related to the murder, could be that TA was making the final break with JA that day, and the tape was an symbol of his new commitment to his religious principles. IMO, she clearly planned to murder him, but maybe she was going to give him one more chance and use sex to try to convince him to continue to see her.

I think the prosecution is doing a great job, and have deftly handled the defense witnesses to either support their position that JA was not abused by TA; and furthermore that JA was obsessed with TA's lifestyle/money/career/social status and if TA was going to deny her that, she was going to take it from him.

Thank you- I think this is a great explanation for the duct tape on TA arm and possibly on the floor of the bathroom. He was making yet another statement about his decision to be chaste and JA was furious to see the tape. Another piece of the puzzle answered- now what about the bank deposits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMonique24