Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Discussion in 'Heather Elvis' started by OkieGranny, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

This goes back to my curiosity about whether the people who are supporting the M's side even understand the most basic thing -- how a criminal case works and who actually owns a criminal case. They're so busy trying to attack the Elvis family and for what? Heather was legally an adult. A young adult, but still an adult. Her choices led her into a very tragic situation and she was murdered for those choices. Yet somehow this is Terry Elvis' fault, how? Or Debbie Elvis' fault? Or the youngest daughter? They don't know who to be angry at so they blame the victim of the crime and her family. Knuckleheads.

2. magnolia

magnolia War Eagle

BBM

Evidently Madeleine, you are seeing something that I have not seen. I have been on sites where people are aggressively commenting on the case, but, I have seen no recent direct attacks on the E. family ???? What am I missing here.

Even if I had, there is no way I could possibly know who the people are behind the comments.

:confused:

3. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Knower of Things

Read above my post and up a few from there too. I'm commenting on the posts others have seen on various social media sites in which rude comments about the E family have been spotted.

4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

When will the gag order motion be heard?

5. NFYIAMY

NFYIAMY Verified Expert

From what I've heard on the news - the attorneys are trying to get it on the docket but no date is set as of yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. magnolia

magnolia War Eagle

I hope it's soon.:waiting:

7. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Where's everyone?

8. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

Since the Moorers are being tried together, what happens if the jury thinks one is guilty and the other is not? (Doubt this will happen....)

9. ZooSleuth

ZooSleuth Former Member

Great question!

10. concernedmother

concernedmother Well-Known Member

Did SM get out? Guess this gives them time to discuss the case and get on the same page.

11. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Pyrrhonist

One can be found guilty and the other not guilty. But the non-guilty party would have to prove they had no knowledge of the actions of the other, and if what has been reported about what they have said (truth and lies) is true, that would be tough. Still and all, they can end up with one guilty and one accessory. Or other combinations (one guilty of kidnapping, one guilty of kidnapping and murder). And anything can happen if a deal is struck at any time.

12. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ghostwheel. I wasn't sure how that worked, and I agree that it is unlikely that either one of them is totally innocent.

13. Surfside

Surfside Court's Indulgence

I spent the whole day yesterday in a courtroom (as moral support). Go ahead, ask me what courtroom. SUMMERVILLE!

14. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

So both of the M's are out on a bond?
    Where are they? Are they allowed o live with each other and the children?
    Walking among innocent people?
    Oh I can't believe such a low bail for them.
    LE & course must have a reason............think they will trail them to see if hey go to HE grave site?
    I've lost track, catching up

15. Motherof5

Motherof5 Active Member

This is one of the many things I am waiting to hear about at the trial. SM told LE that he hadn't talked to Heather since October and then changed his story when confronted with the phone records. Mods,I am trying not to get into trouble here. LE used a social media post of TM's at the first bond hearing and I'm wondering if they'll use another that goes with my question. TM made another rant right before they were arrested saying that SM only answered one call from Heather,did not call her. I am wondering how the defense would spin that. TM can't say that she said SM only answered but didn't call because she didn't know that he made the call from the payphone. She told LE that she was with SM all night.

16. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

I'm your huckleberry? (Tombstone movie, Doc Holliday)

What did you learn Surfside? tia

17. Aeronomy

Aeronomy Active Member

Probably that he snuck away without her knowledge. It's not like it'd be the first time he ever did something without her thinking he was somewhere else doing something else. . . (ESPECIALLY if SM's ever snuck out of the house to meet Heather before.) That's how I see her attorney tackling that one.

18. Motherof5

Motherof5 Active Member

But TM told LE that she was with him all night. He can't sneak away and be with TM all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

I'd think it's very easy to manipulate who did what in a murder. It's one against the other. Either they stick to a story that can not be torn apart by the state prosecutors or they obviously, can't. This one has very strong evidence that no one knows yet, it feels. jmo

20. Aeronomy

Aeronomy Active Member

Who knows, maybe they'll say she was passed out in the vehicle or she was in the store using the bathroom when he snuck around to use the phone . . . hell, maybe she'll say they had a flat and she thought he was calling AAA. . . or they ran out of gas . . . etc. IDK, We could probably come up with just as many half-wit valid-type excuses as they could. It will definitely be interesting to hear how all this is presented in court.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.