Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the Charleston area and I feel you on the pollen. Been so miserable for days.

Is there a way to find out a docket for upcoming circuit cases? Or how many, at least? Could narrow down your odds...
Now that my migraine is gone and I've emerged from my fog, I looked up (to the best of my ability) the court "roster" for the week of April 20th. Doesn't look like this jury duty will be related. Oddly, I'm feeling both relieved and disappointed.

I really did not care for that judge at all. I saw too much of "grandstanding" and blowing his "own" horn to feel comfortable
in his decision-making process. The judge reminded me of Casey Anthony judge...went on and on and on. Maybe he just
wants his 15 minutes of fame. We want justice for Heather and her family. Hopefully we can swim through all the clowning
and get to business. Justice.

Questions for the jury.

Who sent these threats to Heather?

To Heather.. someone's about to get their a-- beat down.. your b--- is about to take his last breath... You can tell me where you are right now or I will find out another way... that way wont have a great turn out for you... I am giving you one last chance to answer before we meet in person.. only one.

To Heather.. I've been having Sidney followed since Jan. 2012.. it's best you call back and speak to me, save yourself. Hey ...... you ready to meet the MRS?

And who..

1. Called Heather from a payphone that night and spoke to her?

2. Who later answered a call from Heather that night?

3. Who lied to LE about both conversations?

4. What logical explanation can be drawn for Heather's phone going dead and Heather never being seen or heard from again after receiving threatening texts and speaking to the person who lied to LE ?

5. Who had the motive and opportunity?

Motherof5, I hope we get answers to these questions too:

1. Did the pattern of contact between the M's and Heather change after she went missing? In other words, was TM texting her and the suddenly stop?

2. What is in SM's past that has TM following him since Jan 2012? She must have suspected he was misbehaving for some time. If so, how did TM deal with that situation?

3. Were the M's purposely creating distractions and providing fake sightings during the search to distract from the real searches for Heather? Like posting on FB that she was seen in Murrells Inlet, that she ran away, she was involved in a sex trade scheme, she was reported to be held somewhere off of hwy 90 (if I recall correctly).

I'm sure there are other questions, but these are the ones I quickly thought of.

IMO someone from WS being on a jury is not an issue. I would not think it would be a direct violation of anything. Plenty of forums on websites that ppl are members of and they get jury duty.

We have discussed every detail that is known "to death" so to speak so IMO any one of us would be a great juror for this trial (and a few others) that is just my very biased opinion though ;)

Two things I learned from that article:

1. Greg McCollum still seems to be representing TM.
2. Michael Smith doesn't understand proper use of the semicolon.

Motherof5, I hope we get answers to these questions too:

1. Did the pattern of contact between the M's and Heather change after she went missing? In other words, was TM texting her and the suddenly stop?

2. What is in SM's past that has TM following him since Jan 2012? She must have suspected he was misbehaving for some time. If so, how did TM deal with that situation?

3. Were the M's purposely creating distractions and providing fake sightings during the search to distract from the real searches for Heather? Like posting on FB that she was seen in Murrells Inlet, that she ran away, she was involved in a sex trade scheme, she was reported to be held somewhere off of hwy 90 (if I recall correctly).

I'm sure there are other questions, but these are the ones I quickly thought of.

I think it is worth to go back and review everything either of the Ms said during the time they were trying to distract what happened to Heather. If something specific was stated like Highway 90 then that may be a good place to look for Heathers body. They may have wanted her body to be uncovered if they made it look like someone else killed her.

I so wish LE could find her and I have been thinking of ways to try to find her. This post reminded me that perps sometimes give away the location by hinting at it.

There is a landfill on Highway 90. That could very well be where they disposed of her body. S could have been well aware of where it was and perhaps even went there to dispose of her body. I wonder if they have record there of who all visited the landfill especially the days right after she disappeared.

I know I've asked this here before but, I'll ask/reiterate it again.

Why was the trial postponed?

Is everyone here "good" with the fact that the court gave the public no explanation as to why?

As far as I know and have researched continuances in a criminal court, some viable and agreeable reason must be stated in the order (i.e: an illness, issues with a witness, inflamed public sentiment (which is interesting), not enough time to prepare, conflicting obligations, an agreement between both Parties).

I realize that continuances are somewhat common and I am ok with it but, wouldn't mind a little explanation.

Since the delay was broadly announced as an agreement between both Parties, they still need to show the Court that there is good cause for the delay.

If and when either party in a criminal trial motion for a delay, the opposing party's immediate question would be, "why?". The Judge's and the public's as well.

And, depending on who initiated the motion (especially regarding this case), it makes you wonder about their reasoning.

From the M's Defense standpoint, if they feel the State does not have enough evidence or is seeking out new evidence, you would think that they would be against any delay. In fact, they are the ones who motioned for a speedy trial!

If the Defense motioned for the continuance and the State felt they were well-prepared and ready to present their case, they would have objected immediately.

So then, why and how did they come to a mutual agreement to postpone the trial?

"The time in May won't go to waste," said 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson. "We will be meeting with the judge and the attorneys to handle motions. We hope to have a trial date after those hearings."

In a prepared statement Terry and Debbi Elvis said they just want a fair trial:

"Although we would like to see the trial completed sooner, rather than later, our main concern is that it be a fair and just trial. Since all parties seem to be in agreement on the continuance, it must be what is best for the case. We will continue to rely on the judgment of the court officials in what is best for everyone involved. As always, our focus is on finding our daughter, Heather."

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1182320#.VTemt9JVhBc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member