Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think it's very easy to manipulate who did what in a murder. It's one against the other. Either they stick to a story that can not be torn apart by the state prosecutors or they obviously, can't. This one has very strong evidence that no one knows yet, it feels. jmo

Agreed. TM also struggles to keep her mouth shut. She's already interrupted two different judges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who knows, maybe they'll say she was passed out in the vehicle or she was in the store using the bathroom when he snuck around to use the phone . . . hell, maybe she'll say they had a flat and she thought he was calling AAA. . . or they ran out of gas . . . etc. IDK, We could probably come up with just as many half-wit valid-type excuses as they could. It will definitely be interesting to hear how all this is presented in court.
I am thinking that any type of.....I didn't know....from TM, won't fly. She took his cell, she was going everywhere,including work, with him. I don't think he could make a call without her breathing down his neck. Not unless she told him to make that call and that is what I think happened. Trial should be interesting.

The picture of HE driving a stick shift, the calls, the unknown evidence, the
surveillance cameras will be enlightening and if their words back the news of the "blob", ( honestly doubt that, maybe one from the group of surveillance cameras. I'm believing the LE, right now and State has the upper hand). The DNA evidence in SM's truck hasn't been really stated to lesson the states case. jmo Hopefully, the state will bring it on!

I'm your huckleberry? (Tombstone movie, Doc Holliday)

What did you learn Surfside? tia
One of my all-time favorite movies and most used quotes! :)

I wish I could say I learned something as it pertains to this case. I was in family court at the Dorchester County Courthouse. (Summerville straddles 3 counties, fwiw). All I really learned was that divorce still sucks.

I have to wonder since the state appeared to have so little evidence to hold them, yet have held them for almost a year, are they unwilling to yet disclose possible evidence that may be in the works. I feel they didn't put up much resistance is because they feel TM and SM being out can only play right into the state's favor. I think, given enough rope these two will hang themselves. Imagine these two living together each thinking that the other might turn on them at anytime. Maybe one is out to get evidence against the other to clear themselves. Maybe one has told what they know but they don't have the proof the state needs or maybe that's just what one of them is thinking....man I sure would like to be a fly on the wall that their house.

I have to wonder since the state appeared to have so little evidence to hold them, yet have held them for almost a year, are they unwilling to yet disclose possible evidence that may be in the works. I feel they didn't put up much resistance is because they feel TM and SM being out can only play right into the state's favor. I think, given enough rope these two will hang themselves. Imagine these two living together each thinking that the other might turn on them at anytime. Maybe one is out to get evidence against the other to clear themselves. Maybe one has told what they know but they don't have the proof the state needs or maybe that's just what one of them is thinking....man I sure would like to be a fly on the wall that their house.

I do believe there is tension in the Moorer household between TM and SM. I think that was evident when he was released from jail and Tammy was there to meet him. If I hadn't seen my husband in months, I would run and hug him. Sidney just walked past Tammy and put his junk in the trunk. As they were leaving, the camera filmed through the back window; still no hugs. I don't think SM wants to be there (except maybe to see his kids). I think his lawyer told him it would look best for him to portray his marriage as intact.

It'll be interesting to see if SM takes the stand. You know TM will want to. Her lawyer will advise against it but she will want to, I'll bet. SM probably won't want to.

I'm thinking this will be in the states favor too. I don't want to say what I'm thinking incase the guilty party is reading here.

It'll be interesting to see if SM takes the stand. You know TM will want to. Her lawyer will advise against it but she will want to, I'll bet. SM probably won't want to.

I don't think SM will ever take the stand, will not want to, nor will his lawyer want him to. He's already been caught in lies. He wouldn't present well as a witness for himself.

I'm sure her lawyers will play heck trying to keep her off the stand imo.

I haven't kept up with the case for a while, but surprised to see they are "out on bond". How did that happen???? Aren't they charged with murder,kidnapping, obstruction of a police investigation and lots more? I still can't believe they haven't found Heather either.

"With the exception of just a very few minor things, we're ready. We know what the case is. We know what the evidence is. We know what the state's position will be."

I like that.... a lot.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/27919202/tammy-moorer-looking-forward-to-murder-trial-her-attorney-says

Coming from TM's attorney - not so sure I like it. Those were his comments back in January prior to the last bond hearing. So - I guess - gag order or no gag order - they're allowed to answer certain questions about the case?

Now - had those been the words of Mr. Richardson - the Solicitor - I'd probably be more inclined to like what was being said!

I agree with you. I think the State is picking it's battles and letting them out on bond is awful...but not when you look at the bigger picture. I think the State has their eyes on the much bigger and much more important prize. As far as the M's talking, I don't think so,at least not TM. Who knows with SM? I did think it was interesting, at the first bond hearing, that the State seemed to be going after TM but mentioned that SM really did care for Heather. I just thought that was odd. SM gets no slack from me...none. But hey,I'd be nice to that *&^##@$^& too if I thought he'd talk. I think and I pray that the State is going to put the smack down on them.

I agree with you. I think the State is picking it's battles and letting them out on bond is awful...but not when you look at the bigger picture. I think the State has their eyes on the much bigger and much more important prize. As far as the M's talking, I don't think so,at least not TM. Who knows with SM? I did think it was interesting, at the first bond hearing, that the State seemed to be going after TM but mentioned that SM really did care for Heather. I just thought that was odd. SM gets no slack from me...none. But hey,I'd be nice to that *&^##@$^& too if I thought he'd talk. I think and I pray that the State is going to put the smack down on them.

I thought it was the defense that said SM cared for Heather.

Coming from TM's attorney - not so sure I like it. Those were his comments back in January prior to the last bond hearing. So - I guess - gag order or no gag order - they're allowed to answer certain questions about the case?

Now - had those been the words of Mr. Richardson - the Solicitor - I'd probably be more inclined to like what was being said!

He hasn't impressed me so far and I hope he'll keep it that way. He also has the challenge of keeping TM out of trouble until the trial and the bigger challenge of keeping her mouth shut during the trial. He doesn't seem to realize that he has his work cut out for him. TM is looking forward to the trial because she thinks that no Heather= not guilty and that is just not so.

I spent a couple of hours with a friend that doesn't follow this case like I have today. Her husband had read the article in the paper to her from the bond hearing. This is their opinion...the state doesn't have any evidence, there's no dna and there's no body. She and her husband didn't understand the hearing was for bond and not a trial. I filled her in the best I could. But this is what we're dealing with here, the public doesn't understand that the defense can say anything they want to and it was a bond hearing, they think the states case is weak. I pray that the state can prove their case!

I'm wondering if SM is going to try to find a pretty young girl to have fun with between now and the trial. Might be his last chance for someone other than TM for the rest of his life which, to me, is a pretty sobering thought. There are lots of girls from OOT there and it would be easy to find someone who knows nothing about what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong