trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard about Shanna Hogan writing a book about this case, I decided to read her earlier book about the Marjorie Orbin case. Marjorie was tried for killing her husband, Jay Orbin. Katiecoolady talked about meeting his brother, Jake.

The Orbin trial took place in 2009, also in Phoenix. What stunned me was that it was an even bigger trainwreck than this trial. The court operated the same way: 4 day trial week, 4 and 1/2 hr trial day. It dragged on for months and at one point took all of August off. The primary detective got in trouble for something unrelated and his lawyer wouldn't let him testify. The prosecutor, on older man past retirement age, dropped out of the trial halfway through for health reasons. The judge gave the new prosecutor 2 weeks to get up to speed.

So while I think this trial has a lot of problems, and kind of wonder what the heck is going on in Phoenix, the Orbin jury still convicted (she got LWOP). So there is that.

then there's this story from this morning. AZ woman on death row----verdict overturned.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/14/justice/arizona-death-sentence-overturned/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

One thing that stood out to me was the doctor mentioning that he confronted Jodi about the intruder story and she changed her story. Does anyone else pick up that she changes her story when directly confronted on issues? He said that after she gave the self defense version he didn't confront her afterwards. I found this odd because Jodi changes her stories on everything when confronted. From the beginning she's been doing this. In the interview with the detective she changed her story from not being there at all to the intruder story once she was confronted with FACTS the information the detective had (camera pics, blood, hair) once confronted about the hair, blood, palm print, pics she came up with a new story, and now we have her latest version, self defense. Jodi creates her stories based on what people believe and what evidence is thrown at her. With each time her lies become more exaggerated and detailed. I wonder what would happen if the doctor confronted her about her latest version, surely she would have another story ready to go based on how he responded to her. I feel like her whole self defense story was crafted by her counsel. They know she is lying but refuse to confront her on the obvious.

I don't understand how he was allowed to testify in front of the jury prior to Juan going at him.....this is prob why Juan did not object very much.....he sits there and waits his turn....then BHAM!! I love Juan, what a respectable guy!

I think Juan has already had a go at this guy before he was allowed to testify. I think he was just obejcting to the new material - the powerpoint. I feel better knowing he already had a little chat with the good old doctor prior to this. Makes me think JM is prepared to tear his testimony apart. :truce:

The TV coverage?
What TV coverage?
Seems like any true life trials will become a thing of the past unless you can watch live feed over your computer or whatever device you happen to own.
Trying to tolerate commercials while getting the latest is also a real thrill.
Commercials out weigh the actual trial.

One thing that stood out to me wasa the doctor mentioning that he confronted Jodi about the intruder story and she changed her story. Does anyone else pick up that she changes her story when directly confronted on issues? He said that after she gave the self defense version he didn't confront her afterwards. I found this odd because Jodi changes her stories on everything when confronted. From the beginning she's been doing this. In the interview with the detective she changed her story from not being there at all to the intruder story once she was confronted with FACTS the information the detective had (camera pics, blood, hair) once confronted about the hair, blood, palm print, pics she came up with a new story, and now we have her latest version, self defense. Jodi creates her stories based on what people believe and what evidence is thrown at her. With each time her lies become more exaggerated and detailed. I wonder what would happen if the doctor confronted her about her latest version, surely she would have another story ready to go based on how he responded to her. I feel like her whole self defense story was crafted by her counsel. They know she is lying but refuse to confront her on the obvious.

bbm
can they not be prosecuted or something if they know she murdered him not in self defense and they are continuing to lie for her?

Evidentiary Hearing today at 9:30am AZ tims (PST) = (12:30pm EST, 11:30am CST, 10:30am MST)

We will get to see Juan cross exam the good ole doc!
WS'ers around the world rejoice! :great:
the-seinfeld-happy-dance.gif

whatupwiththat_3.gif

tumblr_lz8oihoB1b1qg9k3io1_400.gif

hDF2C0674

DANCE-DOG-DANCE_o_95705.gif

temp-320-74227524.gif

;) And finally ;)
, Steely Dan, jane the dood, Manzana & Minor4th
tumblr_m7ztyslWdw1r9rfc2o1_250.gif

I've looked at online tests for different mental illnesses as a result of seeing a thread on another message board where posters were taking it just for a laugh to see what mental illnesses they may have.

I didn't complete any tests, but by looking at the wording of the questions it is clear that you can ascertain what responses would result in a diagnosis of having a mental illness, and what ones a mentally healthy person would respond withB. The problem is that the test assumes the person taking it is answering honestly.

The only difference is the tests I saw had many more than 45 questions.

BBM. Yeah, this always seemed obvious to me. I've heard that one of the big tests, MMPI (which isn't really for diagnosing mental illness, I don't think), has hundreds of questions and some of are designed to be things that you would lie to, because answering truthfully will make you look bad. I think an example might be whether you've ever cheated on a test, something like that. But most of these tests seem to be pretty simplistic.

This has probably been answered a few times already, so forgive me if that's the case...I have been wondering what became of Travis' dog Napoleon? I'm sure most of you know, fill me in please!

One thing that stood out to me wasa the doctor mentioning that he confronted Jodi about the intruder story and she changed her story. Does anyone else pick up that she changes her story when directly confronted on issues? He said that after she gave the self defense version he didn't confront her afterwards. I found this odd because Jodi changes her stories on everything when confronted. From the beginning she's been doing this. In the interview with the detective she changed her story from not being there at all to the intruder story once she was confronted with FACTS the information the detective had (camera pics, blood, hair) once confronted about the hair, blood, palm print, pics she came up with a new story, and now we have her latest version, self defense. Jodi creates her stories based on what people believe and what evidence is thrown at her. With each time her lies become more exaggerated and detailed. I wonder what would happen if the doctor confronted her about her latest version, surely she would have another story ready to go based on how he responded to her. I feel like her whole self defense story was crafted by her counsel. They know she is lying but refuse to confront her on the obvious.
RBBM

It isn't odd for psychopathy, quite the opposite. From Dr. Robert Hare:
"Lying, deceiving, and manipulation are natural talents for psychopaths...When caught in a lie or challenged with the truth, they are seldom perplexed or embarrassed -- they simply change their stories or attempt to rework the facts so that they appear to be consistent with the lie. The results are a series of contradictory statements and a thoroughly confused listener."

I think Juan has already had a go at this guy before he was allowed to testify. I think he was just obejction to the new material - the powerpoint. I feel better knowing he already had a little chat with the good old doctor prior to this. Makes me think JM is prepared to tear his testimony apart. :truce:

The defense[ all] were all smiling at eachother like they hit a HOME RUN.
What? :what:

I think Juan has already had a go at this guy before he was allowed to testify. I think he was just obejcting to the new material - the powerpoint. I feel better knowing he already had a little chat with the good old doctor prior to this. Makes me think JM is prepared to tear his testimony apart. :truce:
I just wish he could tear him apart in front of the jury.....

The reenactment I saw on HLN by Mike bothered me. He said it took him 66 seconds. But it was not done at all realistically. For one thing, he didnt have her climb up an unstable closet shelf. And when he counted out his stabbings, he did them super fast, as if there was no defense being put up. And his defensive wounds tell us different.

So I think HLN did the prosecution a disservice by doing that phony attempt at recreating the crime. JMO

also missing was the desperate climb out of the shower while seated and wounded, the stagger to the sink and coughing up..the CRAWL down that hallway...

One thing that stood out to me was the doctor mentioning that he confronted Jodi about the intruder story and she changed her story. Does anyone else pick up that she changes her story when directly confronted on issues? He said that after she gave the self defense version he didn't confront her afterwards. I found this odd because Jodi changes her stories on everything when confronted. From the beginning she's been doing this. In the interview with the detective she changed her story from not being there at all to the intruder story once she was confronted with FACTS the information the detective had (camera pics, blood, hair) once confronted about the hair, blood, palm print, pics she came up with a new story, and now we have her latest version, self defense. Jodi creates her stories based on what people believe and what evidence is thrown at her. With each time her lies become more exaggerated and detailed. I wonder what would happen if the doctor confronted her about her latest version, surely she would have another story ready to go based on how he responded to her. I feel like her whole self defense story was crafted by her counsel. They know she is lying but refuse to confront her on the obvious.

You bring up some really good points!

What do you think she was conjuring and don't you think that this is clearly showing that JA was blackmailing TA? Was she baiting him with the framed and taped phone sex session?

TA's text message to JA>

<<I don`t ever want to get another freaking text from you again or a call unless it`s an apology and a thank you for constantly having to take on your ever-ceasing problems. Not one freaking more.

I`m sick of your soap opera and your ways. You purposely try to ruin every day. It seems you`re getting good at it. You couldn`t get off your lazy butt, because that`s the sociopath I know so well, it freaking figures.

I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me. It made me feel not good, I guess. It made me feel yucky.

You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared about me and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjure. You are sick and you have scammed me.
=====

Do not call back,. I&#8217;m sick of you playing stupid and dealing with your childish issues. Bitter feelings are brewing in me for you, and if it keeps up I fear I will have a genuine dislike for you before I have a revenge.

You don't care about anything that doesn't involve you, and I'm sick of it, and I don't want to deal with any of it. It's wearing me out and if it continues, just like I have to give you motivation to tell me the truth I'll give you motivation to quit screwing with me.
======

After tomorrow it's going to be really bad for you. It's time to spit it out.
=====

I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. >>
=====

Maybe instead of the needle she should be put on the front lines in Afganastan with a knife.:truce:

She (along with her nude photos) should be sent off to the Taliban as special delivery. They would treat her to a nice clean decapitation.

This has probably been answered a few times already, so forgive me if that's the case...I have been wondering what became of Travis' dog Napoleon? I'm sure most of you know, fill me in please!

he's alive and well. he was willed to Travis's friend. i forget her name...

bbm
can they not be prosecuted or something if they know she murdered him not in self defense and they are continuing to lie for her?

if that were the case, then a lot of defense attorneys would be out of work.

My guess is that once she finally told a story they considered at least remotely defensible they weren't going to roll the dice by pushing for a new one.

As someone who's taken those particular tests this Dr refers to, I can honestly say it was difficult to stop myself from laughing in the face of my therapist when he was evaluating it. I answered each and every question to achieve a certain conclusion. Got me a lucrative very early retirement from a major corporation for being a NUT. There were some problems with the management I was dealing with, but it was either them or me. I chose me.

Jodi is way smarter than that Dr.

What gets me is that therapists are so arrogant that they don't think their tests can be manupulatec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd