trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, hopefully Juan will turn it down a few notches for ALV.

Doc <mod snip> didn't stand a chance since Juan hashed up the test results. And ethics towards Jodi's evaluation and threaded that line of therapy.

Jury question: Do you have books free of charge at your office? Doc <mod snip> - "Yes". BAM! Jury knows he can't be trusted.

Juan will only pounce on ALV if she can't keep her play the cards she's dealing.

NG is showing "never before seen police interrogation" of JA. Did anyone else see the part about the gun?

Flores said something about finding the ammunition to the .25 caliber gun, he went on to say he casing was tested against this found ammunition.

I know that many of us here, at WS have questioned whether the casing could actually be tested to see if it were from the same box of ammunition found at JA mother's house. Well, doesn't this answer that question?

Looks like it was a match (per Flores in the interrogation) and could this be a closing 'Bombsell' for the prosecution?

I'm getting all giddy, just thinking about this!:great:
That was a bluff on Flores's part

More of the interogation tape on Dr. Drew's program.

Her cat scratches her? She had a cat at the time of Travis' death?

Dear heavens.
:please:

NG is showing "never before seen police interrogation" of JA. Did anyone else see the part about the gun?

Flores said something about finding the ammunition to the .25 caliber gun, he went on to say he casing was tested against this found ammunition.

I know that many of us here, at WS have questioned whether the casing could actually be tested to see if it were from the same box of ammunition found at JA mother's house. Well, doesn't this answer that question?

Looks like it was a match (per Flores in the interrogation) and could this be a closing 'Bombsell' for the prosecution?

I'm getting all giddy, just thinking about this!:great:

Flores was using one of the oldest tricks in an interrogation room. He lied to her.

I do recall a box of ammunition being found in JA's mother's house, however, the rest of his statement is not completely truthful.

:D

MOO

Yes, hopefully Juan will turn it down a few notches for ALV.

Doc $ didn't stand a chance since Juan hashed up the test results. And ethics towards Jodi's evaluation and threaded that line of therapy.

Jury question: Do you have books free of charge at your office? Doc $ - "Yes". BAM! Jury knows he can't be trusted.

Juan will only pounce on ALV if she can't keep her play the cards she's dealing.

And another thing that worries me is that once he makes some of these great points, the jury is kind of out of it so they won't retain the information as well. I know this is a very clever and attentive jury, so that may not be a problem. There are times where it seems everyone is tuned out and then these great questions come in. If ALV is not as cagey as RS, I don't think he'll have a reason to be harsh on her anyway.

More of the interogation tape on Dr. Drew's program.

Her cat scratches her? She had a cat at the time of Travis' death?

Dear heavens.
:please:

Wasn't she keeping someone's cat at some time and locked it in a room the whole 2 weeks?

(Carried over from last thread)

I have noticed 3 different times that Jodi is trying to tell JW something about one of the jurors. After the 5 minute break when the jury was, walking in Jodi stood up on her tippy toes and looked at one of the jurors and then whispered to JW. She has whispered and had JW look over at the jury box 2 other times today...hmmm wonder what she is up to? It could be something else but its bugging me...although everything Jodi does bugs me!! Hmmmmm

I couldn't believe my eyes! She's getting predatory now. But when Wilmott looked over at the jury, that was over the top. Where is the Judge??? It's out of control and so is the Judge! Could JA possibly be trying to create a mis-trial? Willmott needs to be disciplined - her conduct is totally inappropriate and shameful.

Flores was using one of the oldest tricks in an interrogation room. He lied to her.

I do recall a box of ammunition being found in JA's mother's house, however, the rest of his statement is not completely truthful.

:D

MOO

How do you know he lied to her? Has he ever admitted to this anywhere? Seems like a very stupid thing to bluff about.

For what is is worth, I think the DV witness - will focus on general things that have nothing to do with JA. JA has zero records on DV, ie: witnesses, police resports, or even a friend to confide in. We all know that. The only testimony that we all know is a lie, would be the choking event. I don't see that going to far, other then questions against JA for going back after that experience. ???

Today I saw Juan was tired, or something. Hey, we all have our bad days, it's no big deal. But, he did a another genious move today - I have said this before.

He went over each and every question the the PSD test to make a record. Even though the witness was like pulling teeth and very PREJUDICE.

Those questions and answers, will be brought up with his own witness, and they will be rebuked, again only by a professional.

I love Juan, and his set - up. Trust him.:great:

So will Mr. Martinez get to ask the witness about instances of abuse by JA? Curious minds want to know.

It's only just occuring to me now that JA has ruined my favourite Christmas carol for me. But on a FAR more important note,

I feel horrible for this jury. Not only did JA take TA's life, and devastate his loved ones, now she's wasted hundreds of hours of these peoples' lives.

I hope a verdict is reached relatively soon :|

Okay...so this is my prediction, FWIW.
JM is going to give ALV a lot of latitude. It won't be ANYTHING like the decimation of RS.

Oh good lord, WTF does this intuitive chick keep getting air time? I digress....

Anyhoo, unless ALV crosses a crazy irrational line by comparing apples and bananas ...he will allow his own expert to rebut her testimony. As I've said, I don't think JM goes for the throat unless he has no other option!! RS was incredulous and JM was duty bound to take him down. I don't expect him to do this with EVERYONE! But should ALV start pulling testimony out of her ...I mean... that doesn't withstand common sense and peer reviewed scrutiny, then she will be fair game.
Agree for the most part.

I do think he will address the pedo pics on the computer, it was her that brought that little factoid into this case. I don't think he'll let her slide on that error, and I don't think he should either.

Wasn't she keeping someone's cat at some time and locked it in a room the whole 2 weeks?
Her story to Flores was that she owned a feral cat. She was just trying to get him off the subject, as she does throughout her entire interview.

How do you know he lied to her? Has he ever admitted to this anywhere? Seems like a very stupid thing to bluff about.

It is my understanding that LE can bluff or lie in the process of interrogation and investigation with a witness/person of interest/suspect, etc. It has to be done sometimes to get the bad guys and girls to reveal things..

He did it to get her to admit it was her gun. Cops do this. He also bluffed about the neighbors seeing her there that day, among other bluffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288