trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will thank you in advance for the nightmares I will be having tonight. That girl freaks me out.

:seeya: I'm so sorry Hopeful ... but she reminds me so much of JA -- "braids" and all !

:moo:

IMO There is no way Jodi would have allowed her attorneys to go the insanity defense. I agree that it might have explained the crime more to a jury, but Jodi's ego would not allow that defense.

I. T. A.

Jodi is taking great glee even to this day in broadcasting her perceived importance in Travis's world. She's waited 4 yrs for this time to come. No way in hell she'd go for insanity which would invalidate all her claims as delusional and only in her own sick mind - no way she'd go for that.

Put this on the Katiecoolady thread or the 'view from the inside' thread. Probably one of our court insiders will know.

I saw her (Janine Driver) last segment and I have to agree that she did very poorly. I know that she was trying to be 'jokey' but she really crossed a line when she 'kidded' that Mar Eiglarsh was a liar and cheated on his wife. Not funny and it came across very awkwardly.

JA had a singing engagement to see the National Anthem..Yea Right..Someone needed to tell her she sucked at singing!!

Hopefully they told everyone who would attend to bring ear plugs. Or knitting needles with which to stab out their eardrums.

The Feb diary entry states that she went to the bank and deposited another 80.00 for TA.

Are there bank records that show an 80.00 deposit for him on that day or a day close to it? All the checks that we have seen have been from Jan correct?

How in the world was TA paying her 200.00 to clean her house but was borrowing money left and right? That doesn't match up? Even her mom said in the interview that JA was cleaning his house for cash.

I would love it if JM could at least prove this entry false. That would highlight the possibility that there are other false things.

Kelly

ITA! I'm hoping JM is researching those bank records as I type! Though I doubt it'll be any surprise to the jury if this turns out to be another JA lie.

Also on the tapes she tells Flores that Travis cancelled plans to come see Jodi sing the National Anthem at an event in CA on May 24th. Of course, according to Jodi it absolutely did not upset her, AT ALL, nope :notgood:

I wonder if it was documented she was going to sing the national anthem somewhere or if the reason she wasn't all that upset was because she made the whole thing up. In front of Flores. (I mean she didn't lie to TA and tell him to come to Yreka to hear her sing. more like she wanted to impress Flores with the national anthem thing.)

Sure it didn't...right. Liar - she was majorly ticked. Travis was incapable of even breathing right as far as she was concerned.

Unless he was paying total attention to JA, saying nice things to her, buying her things, etc. But, of course, then he was just manipulating her. :what:

I just noticed something in regards to the duct tape and Body Bugg. JA says the duct tape was to keep his Body Bugg on. I just found this pic from the crime scene that shows a fully intact Body Bugg. Why would he need duct tape to keep it on? Thoughts???

http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/forwinteriscoming/media/IMG_2971_zps29fd01ab.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Unsure which model TA had in 2008, but the velcro connector is a common point of failure for this device.

An excerpt from a reviewer: "My last complaint was the plastic velcro piece fell off the armband and I had to duck-tape it back on. Not a biggie but when you spend $300 dollars on an item you really don’t want to have to use duck tape. One morning, I woke up to find the Bodybugg next to my bed and I was always a little worried it would pop off into the sink when I was washing my face or something."

http://www.girl-heroes.com/2010/10/20/bodybugg-v3-review/

I just noticed something in regards to the duct tape and Body Bugg. JA says the duct tape was to keep his Body Bugg on. I just found this pic from the crime scene that shows a fully intact Body Bugg. Why would he need duct tape to keep it on? Thoughts???

http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/forwinteriscoming/media/IMG_2971_zps29fd01ab.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

One of the pics of him earlier in the day in bed, his upper right arm appears to have duct tape, and one of the side pics of him in the shower looks like a red mark around the upper arm due to adhesive.

I will thank you in advance for the nightmares I will be having tonight. That girl freaks me out.

If the picture freaks you out--see the movie, if you did not?
The Bad Seed--way ahead of its time. Young psychopath indeed.

Well, Jodi, you called him before when she knew he wouldn't answer, so what's the problem now?

Oh yeah, and sorry the grief was "killing you." Nice metaphor.

Gee, you didn't write this stuff for others to read did you?

I know, right Susie? It is so obvious she wrote her journals for someone else to read. Those perfect cross outs. Like who would write this in their journal "going skiing {line through skiing} to the snow"

And she said she didn't know how to ski (either on the sstand or during questioning at some point). So would you really make a mistake in your own journal and forget if you knew how to ski or not?

I know it is trivial and stupid, it just reinforces to me how manipulative and duplicitous she is, it is constant and the lies for no reason; it is just so odd.

RE Insanity plea in murder cases.

Anatomy of a Murder was an excellent movie about a man--in an "insane rage"-- killing another man who had just raped his wife. Jimmy Stewart and a young Lee Remick(!)

Had "shrinks" on both sides testify.

The Judge was played by Joseph N. Welch, a real atty. And made famous during the McCarthy hearings. He is credited with bringing an end to McCarthy, by asking him--while Sen. Joe was grilling his client--"Have you no sense of decency, sir?"

O/T The movie "The Front" is a great movie about the McCarthy hearings starring Woody Allen.

The basic idea is that a group of TV scriptwriters who've been blackballed approach Allen's character and ask him to submit their scripts under his name. It's more serious than funny.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074554/?ref_=sr_1

Without going through a ton of stuff - I agree, Jodi didn't have a single non-jealous bone actually. On top of that she was paranoid - accused her parents of snooping so I suspect she thought everyone snooped but the reality was she was the snooper.

Look at the timeline - Mimi testified Travis asked her about going to Cancun in early May 2008. Just so happens on May 10th Jodi records a sex tape on Travis. Claims Travis told her her Mimi might be the one. May 26th Travis explodes and tells Jodi he is going to expose her, calls her a sociopath. May 28th a gun is stolen from Grand Pa's. June 2 the witch is on the road collecting necessary things as she goes.

I really want to know what prompted Travis to write the May 26th email. Just my guess is she threatened him with that phone tape, to expose him to Mimi because Travis was interested in her, the church, and all his friends. This was her shot at control and Travis didn't bite is my guess. Jealousy for Jodi was overwhelming at that point - it was time to "cut off its life source".

BBM

I think his threat to expose her to her future prospective targets in the Mormon/PPL hunting ground was the actual final straw. Remember, she'd already lined up the next "prospect" in Ryan. TA was threatening her reputation, which meant he was threatening her ability to enmesh future targets. He was threatening to damage the perception of her in the tight-knit Mormon and PPL communities. That really wasn't something JA could allow.

Although I know the prosecution isn't required to provide motive, I think it would really help. IMO the prosecution needs to give the jury more than jealousy as the motive for this horrible crime. By outing her, TA would have been striking at her public face (all she's got) as well as her economic prospects.

I remember being worried at the close of the prosecution case against that woman in Florida that not enough motive had been gone into. The prosecution never showed the paper found in the abandoned death-stinking car covered in Mrs. Tony signatures, nor how said love interest "wanted boys" if he ever had kids and wouldn't allow her child to hang out at his college-guy apartment because it wasn't appropriate for the child. The jury didn't know in-depth about the ongoing tensions between mother and daughter, etc. *sigh*

MOO of course.

I wonder if it was documented she was going to sing the national anthem somewhere or if the reason she wasn't all that upset was because she made the whole thing up. In front of Flores. (I mean she didn't lie to TA and tell him to come to Yreka to hear her sing. more like she wanted to impress Flores with the national anthem thing.)

IIRC it was at some sort of racing event

The other day I mentioned a bus driver I decided I was in a relationship with even though he doesn't know about me - well apart from when I say hi on his route. I didn't see him today. I hope he hasn't gone on holiday without me :furious::furious:

I. T. A.

Jodi is taking great glee even to this day in broadcasting her perceived importance in Travis's world. She's waited 4 yrs for this time to come. No way in hell she'd go for insanity which would invalidate all her claims as delusional and only in her own sick mind - no way she'd go for that.

Well said.

Also, she would not be able to take the stand on her behalf. Right????

Look at this girl, she was on the stand for 14 ?? days and was cross examined by Juan the Man. She did not crack like the average person. She even spared with Juan over and over. After all, she is smarter than he is. Right??? :furious:

I would have been in a pool of tears after the first day of being speared by Juan. Right????

The world around me begins to blur, colors fade and I can hear faint harp music...I am beginning to enter "Alyce's World"

When entering Alyce's world I get the down the rabbit hole feeling, JA is the queen of hearts and I'm the dormouse snoozing away until she finishes direct. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member