trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #121

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.if I'm a professional I certainly wouldn't get combative with an Attorney in a court of law especially if I'm an advocate of healing combative relationships.

She cannot possibly know Jodi after 46 hours. Not a chance. Think of it this way, 46 hours is a typical work week for all of us.

ONE WEEK.

When you go to a new office and you are introduced around and you work 5 eight hour days it's such a honeymoon period. We make assumptions about each co-worker based on first impressions.

Some we dislike right away and others we are so drawn to! And sometimes the one showing us around tries to give us a little hint that we need to be careful about "Sally". Have we ever had that happen and we have thought to ourselves "I know I'm a good judge of character and I really like Sally, so this is either the manager not liking Sally, or I have bad judgement?"

Sometimes it turns out our first impressions are so wrong! That scares me when it happens but it's so normal. That happens a lot, there are personalities that can draw you in and they are so warm, so charming, so friendly.

If we look back at the places we have worked many years, how many times have we found ourselves really changing our opinions about certain co-workers after a good amount of time with them. Not years but give ourselves a few months even and ask us again what our thoughts are. They can be very different.

Therefore 46 hours in a restricted environment talking to an accused murderer and reading her tall tales in a diary and texts is giving her only a millimeter of information she would or should use to draw any conclusions about a woman who chopped up her ex-boyfriend, dismembered him and dragged him back to a shower... And she has a bruise on her pinky finger.

At one point yesterday I was working and listening to ALV in the background and I heard Willmott say "and he then brought her a latte?" ALV: "yes he did" Willmott: And then kissed her three times gently?" ALV: "yes he did" Willmott: Is that abuse? ALV: "yes, it is"

WHAT? I fell off my chair? or spit out what I was drinking? And i heard her right. Apparently Travis was abusive simply breathing the same air as Jodi..

This is ridiculous...really it is.. This will go forward as one of the most incredible cases I have witnessed...

They're showing juror #5 on WAT live feed. She's still in the courtroom even though almost all of the other spectators have left. I think the camera is supposed to be off?

I saw the same thing on this feed:
http://www.azcentral.com/live/?event=040413-jodi-arias-trial

One of the clerks was talking to #5, courtroom had all but emptied out, looked like the clerk was discussing with #5 possibly how to get out of courthouse without all the fuss she's going to get by people.

Saw a lady in orange hand #5 a note. She glanced at it but didn't discuss note with clerk.

Also saw Jodi whispering with Nurmi. Hope one of our sweet lip readers saw all of this action.

Also saw Nurmi give ALV a hug on her way out.

JSKS: "nything else?"

JM: ust the little issue involving Miss LaV that you said you wanted to discuss."

Oh! Judge Sherry wants to have a little confab with Miss LaV! Interesting! Did somebody get caught not being sick last night?

maybe about approaching Samantha as per KCL?

My history is similar to yours, right down to the diagnosis. And I am relishing EVERY MINUTE of this cross, because Juan Martinez is showing the court and the world that fake diagnoses based on a defendant's fairy tale is not true domestic violence, but a mockery of it.

I am sorry to hear that you've suffered also. I guess I thought he was making a mockery out of the entire domestic abuse scenario, but if he does bring it around how it pertains to the case, I will be fine with it. I am still prickly about it. And this case brings it all back out of me sometimes.

I wish you love and luck my dear. :)

"Is all your testimony based on a proven liar? The prosecution rests."

Why is she a joke for not wanting her presentation misrepresented? I'm pro-Juan usually but I'm going against the grain of the board here. I think he is not doing well today. At all.

Actually, she misrepresents her own presentation. I listened to it on line. She titles it "Is Snow White a Battered Women" but then she really just talks about the boiled frog analogy, gets people to think about how patterns they grew up with affect how they will respond as abuse subtly starts and then gradually escalates. She mentions the fairy tale peripherally but she herself on the stand admitted, "It's just a catchy title." Basically she uses the title to get people to come to her presentation fraudulently. She should be called on it IMO. It's her own fault if she calls her presentation that and then that's not what its about.

Why is ALV so reluctant to apply her continuum to Snow White? Her continuum obviously could be applied to a character in a fictional story.

Exactly. He's pointing out that this person can take any story and twist it and make it an abuse story. That is not lost on me.

Why was LaViolette allowed to say to Juan Martinez, "Mr. Martinez are you angry with me?"

There is common theme with the Defense Expert Witnesses - all of them are rude and disrespectful to the court.

Doesn't the Judge have the authority to tell a witness: Do not ask the prosecution questions. You are not really concerned - nor do you really believe that Mr. Martinez is angry with you. By asking this question you a making a mockery out of this court - and it will not be tolerated. Now, are you able to conduct yourself in a professional manner and answer the state's questions? You did not have a problem answering the questions asked of you by the defense. Ms. LaViolette, this is your warning. Ms. LaViolette, this is The Court telling you that you are out of line."

It is very irritating that a witness would behave this way - and I have never witnessed such poor behavior by witnesses.

Wow.if I'm a professional I certainly wouldn't get combative with an Attorney in a court of law especially if I'm an advocate of healing combative relationships.

Right? I was thinking the same thing. Not looking professional La V. Hope you read this, just so you know how bad you screwed up...sorry, I'm a bit annoyed!

Wow! Wish I anticipated this cross was gonna happen today. Would've had some fresh brownies ready.

This is GOOD!

Not at all--he's putting ALV in her place. She is contrary, defensive, evasive, and she sure does hate men!

Juan is showing how utterly farcical her whole "expert" opinion is. SHE'S the one who uses Snow White--and now she's playing stupid. Juan is making a point that she has no clue about the kind of person Travis Alexander was.

And she's finished with her career, that's for sure. An expert is there as a professional offering a clinical opinion. Not there to spar and be difficult. She droned on hour after hour with Willmott--now she can't seem to even understand the question.

She's the fool. Juan is the man!:rocker:

I don't think she's ever been an expert witness before. Remember how she didn't really know what to do when she first took the stand? Didn't know how to answer? Had to be told to stop talking when there was an objection?

She had no idea how tough a cross could be. If I had been the DT, I would have chosen an expert witness that had extensive experience on the stand, knowing that JM would be tearing into her like a steak! This was not smart! "But I like it."

JM is awesome. A genius. Of course if you want everything simplified then this approach may not seem coherent. But he's awesome! That's why he's there fighting a case of this magnitude and we're at home watching this trial. lol.

He's so far ahead her, she can't even see him.

I saw the same thing on this feed:
http://www.azcentral.com/live/?event=040413-jodi-arias-trial

One of the clerks was talking to #5, courtroom had all but emptied out, looked like the clerk was discussing with #5 possibly how to get out of courthouse without all the fuss she's going to get by people.

Saw a lady in orange hand #5 a note. She glanced at it but didn't discuss note with clerk.

Also saw Jodi whispering with Nurmi. Hope one of our sweet lipreaders saw all of this action.

Me too! And I saw Alyce put her arm around one of the ladies that laughed out loud - then they all three walked out... hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R