trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!!:seeya:

Nothing to say that hasn't already been said, but I will add that it doesn't matter to me how long Juan is on cross with LaV, even if it takes him 10 different ways to ask/pose a question for the already difficult witness LaV to give an answer, it matters not, her obstinate trained brain just confirms the obvious=bias.

The worse part is that LaV nonchalantly continues to trash an innocent victim on the uncorroborated testimony, writings of a pathological psychopatic liar, she should not get off that easy and should be exposed for the fraud that she is. /end rant.

It is a good day whenever Juan is on cross! Happy Dance!

If they believe her self defense...she walks.

I think that's probably a statistical improbability, and would require them to believe her story: I shot him and he kept coming after me, I stabbed him in the heart and then 26 more times and he kept coming after me, I sliced open his throat and cut through his windpipe and finally he stopped coming after me. This entire defense is doubtful and way beyond a reasonable doubt, imo.

Ok, it took me a while to track this down, so someone may have already replied by now, but here goes:
I found what I think you are talking about on croakerqueen's YouTube, day 42, Part 3 starting at about 24 minutes. I believe the testimony is re: manifesto.
To me it looks like JW and Nurmi noticed something a juror is doing. JW makes an aborted objection that is not acknowledged by the judge, then a couple minutes go by and JW objects to something in the cross. At sidebar, the judge seems to address the objection from JW and then Nurmi takes over, clearly turning hard away from jury. Judge and JM turn and look towards jury.
Maybe a jury was dozing? It does seem as if it was some issue with the jury IMO.

That's what I was wondering...I guess since nothing came of it, it was no big deal. Just my curiosity getting the best of me!

Oh my little ten year old boy arrested,he was found with a gun, knife,in his backpack. He made threats to kill.
Hln just showed him all shackled up in court.

Ummm... katiedid2... "Oh my little ten year old boy"... Please tell me you meant to put a comma (or something) between "my" and "little"... :what:

Last night on NG show they showed JW popping her hand out toward ALV (on the stand) and then she quickly reached to smooth her hair. It was very obvious and NG and guests discussed it. They did not, however, show what preceded this "signalling". I was hoping someone else had seen this and could recall what was being said BEFORE the hand signal.

Someone posted a short video on it.

Jennifer wilmotts hair toss

http://youtu.be/_V7o7LPZx_c

seal.gif

From Twitter @

WHY #JodiArias KILLED Travis. Before Jodi bought a house with Daryl - Jodi said she had great credit and over $10k in bank.

***Jodi told us WHY she MURDERED Travis***

Jodi lost her job, lost her home, lost Daryl, was broke, maxed credit cards out, got breast implants, car broke down, no cash, borrowed money, and was forced to move in with grandparents. Jodi life was out of control; Jodi wanted to marry the rich Travis and have Travis friends and life. Jodi had no friends just ex boyfriends. Jodi left Daryl for Travis and Travis thru Jodi way for Mimi/Cancun = Jodi's view

May 26 Travis sent JA the i hate u/ ur evil text
May 28 Gun reported stolen
May late - JA borrow $ from Paul to see Travis
June 2 rents car
June 4 murders travis

Travis discovered that Jodi stole Travis Journals, made up lies about fake people, especially Steve Carroll. Jodi had a history of making fake friends up - mainly from movie references; Jodi threatened suicide. Jodi stalked Travis and his dates. Travis threatened to expose Jodi and her narcissistic sociopath stalking ways. Jodi went rageful when hacking into Travis emails and voicemail finding out Travis removed Jodi from Cancun ticket and replaced Jodi with Mimi Hall.

Ok, it took me a while to track this down, so someone may have already replied by now, but here goes:
I found what I think you are talking about on croakerqueen's YouTube, day 42, Part 3 starting at about 24 minutes. I believe the testimony is re: manifesto.
To me it looks like JW and Nurmi noticed something a juror is doing. JW makes an aborted objection that is not acknowledged by the judge, then a couple minutes go by and JW objects to something in the cross. At sidebar, the judge seems to address the objection from JW and then Nurmi takes over, clearly turning hard away from jury. Judge and JM turn and look towards jury.
Maybe a jury was dozing? It does seem as if it was some issue with the jury IMO.

It could have been the noise of all their jaws dropping to the floor. LOL

Unfortunately, if the jury buys the self defense claim, she walks. Self defense is a complete defense to any degree of murder. But the jury could reject the self defense claim and still come back with a 2nd degree or manslaughter conviction (provided that the judge finds sufficient evidence to give jury instruction on those charges).

I can't imagine all twelve jurors would by the self defense silliness. But there might be one, and that would make it a hung jury.

JRS, thanks for the info. IIRC a poster yesterday said that 2nd is out of the question because the prosecution refused to have it considered (?), do you know anything about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304